Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

pop some consumables right when you hit evil and try pushing evil NGUs to hop over some of the barriers, I did a long rb to build banks and get value from stacking and was able to speed up a lot of the biggest speed grind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

Just noticed that I crossed 1000 hours of playtime in NGU. It's the first game I've ever done that in :toot:

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

mdxi posted:

Just noticed that I crossed 1000 hours of playtime in NGU. It's the first game I've ever done that in :toot:

29,598 hours in Idling to rule the gods. drat that's a long time, why'd I go look.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Ratzap posted:

29,598 hours in Idling to rule the gods. drat that's a long time, why'd I go look.

That's over 3 years of CONTINUOUS running. jeesus

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I just noticed that when i add energy to a normal NGU, the Evil one is going up too. I'm guessing that's supposed to happen? I thought i might have had to choose between the two based on what I've read.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
you might be loading it into NGU NUMBER, which increases based on rebirth time as well.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Kin posted:

I just noticed that when i add energy to a normal NGU, the Evil one is going up too. I'm guessing that's supposed to happen? I thought i might have had to choose between the two based on what I've read.

It's not "too". Switching between difficulties on the NGU screen just switches the energy you already have allocated to the chosen difficulty.

I.e.

1 energy in normal Adventure NGU

Switch from normal to evil

0 energy in normal adventure NGU
1 energy in evil adventure NGU

If you've unlocked the perk that makes evil also contribute to lower difficulties, then every time you gain a point in an evil NGU, you also get a point in a normal NGU. But energy /magicis only ever allocated in the difficulty you have selected.

Xyven
Jun 4, 2005

Check to induce a ban

Kin posted:

The evil NGUs are a multiplier on your normal NGUs so your total bonus will increase more than the bonus from your normal NGU, but you aren't gaining levels in the evil NGU unless you are specifically putting energy into it. And you're right, you can only level up either evil or normal, not both (there's a quirk you can get which gives you a level in normal NGU every time you gain a level in the evil NGU)

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

It's not "too". Switching between difficulties on the NGU screen just switches the energy you already have allocated to the chosen difficulty.

I.e.

1 energy in normal Adventure NGU

Switch from normal to evil

0 energy in normal adventure NGU
1 energy in evil adventure NGU

If you've unlocked the perk that makes evil also contribute to lower difficulties, then every time you gain a point in an evil NGU, you also get a point in a normal NGU. But energy /magicis only ever allocated in the difficulty you have selected.

Ah, i get you, it's a visual thing.

So while I've got the evil NGU checked, the normal NGU's wont actually be going up (and vice versa) but the energy I've got allocated to 'NGU EXP' is the same allocation in both difficulties (i.e. i don't have to enter it again).

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Kin posted:

So while I've got the evil NGU checked, the normal NGU's wont actually be going up (and vice versa) but the energy I've got allocated to 'NGU EXP' is the same allocation in both difficulties (i.e. i don't have to enter it again).

There's an unlock that makes evil NGUs also give you normal NGUs (and sad NGUs give you evil which still give you normal if you have any normal left to get). You do get the normal levels at the speed of evil ones so it's not very useful to unlock until you can do evil NGUs fast.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Kin posted:

Correct. Just keep in mind if you are swapping from evil NGU to normal NGU mid run you are probably overcapping the normal NGUs by a hilarious amount and you probably will want to use the cap all button to free up a ton of E/M to reallocate.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

something posted:

That's over 3 years of CONTINUOUS running. jeesus

I run it on a machine that I leave on almost all the time (the battery is flakey so if it loses power for more than a few hours the BIOS is wiped and I have to fiddle to make it recognise the disks/raid again) so it just kinda builds up.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

so i've tooled around with ngu and also the one that has like a bunch of alchemy recently, was just wondering if there has been any recent more gamelike stuff like paperclips and candybox that goes beyond just clicking and number crunching

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

https://www.lerpinglemur.com/arcanum/
theory of magic is good

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Did this get an overhaul yet? It was hotter than hot for like 2 weeks and then the dev kind of petered out

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Eldercain posted:

Did this get an overhaul yet? It was hotter than hot for like 2 weeks and then the dev kind of petered out

That and you had to start from scratch if you hosed up your classes or wanted to try something different.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Futaba Anzu posted:

so i've tooled around with ngu and also the one that has like a bunch of alchemy recently, was just wondering if there has been any recent more gamelike stuff like paperclips and candybox that goes beyond just clicking and number crunching

Did you play alkanaizer v3 that was all the rage a few months ago?

Its a very unique game with an ending, takes 2-4 days to play through

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

ah yeah alkahistorian is the second game i mentioned, i basically fell off on the second part because it got suddenly way more complex than my tiny brain could handle

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Eldercain posted:

It moved to Kongregate but I can't speak for the content cause I didn't feel like restarting without all the sweet glitches to get stuff faster.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Futaba Anzu posted:

ah yeah alkahistorian is the second game i mentioned, i basically fell off on the second part because it got suddenly way more complex than my tiny brain could handle

The third part is the complex one, the first two is barely a warm up compared.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Tortolia posted:

Chocolate gear is strong enough that it enables an unusual but low effort strategy to just push T7. I did this when I went into Evil and endorse it because it's low effort and effective.

1) Go into Evil. Wait 3 minutes, rebirth into an Evil basic challenge. Start your diggers with chocolate world kills then sit in the tower. (You will be sitting in the tower about 99.9% of the time for this strategy)
2) Push to 58 to finish the challenge through 30 minute rebirths (1 hour RBs if you don't have the beta and number fruit auto-activation perks). If you have the Welcome to Evil perk and roughly 40-50m total exp, you should be able to do a push to 58 in about 2 hours or so of 30m rebirths.
3) Do the other 4 evil basic challenges. Congratulations, you have 50% more adventure stats.
4) Ignore Evilverse! If you can manual a boss kill, fantastic, your diggers just jumped up about two orders of magnitude of gold. Now go back to the tower and do a 24h rebirth to let your 24h fruits grow.

Now that you have your evil basics done, you're going to just boss push via 24 hour challenges, because this strategy lets you be lazy and rake in EXP from 24h fruits of knowledge. Boost your diggers via a single boss kill in Evilverse (and later PPPL), then go back into the tower and just build up a ton of PP. Buy the Welcome to Evil perks, your AT/Beard banks to tier 4-5, the fruit auto-activation perks if you don't have them, Ygg perks, then just work on whatever looks good to you (consider looking at the first few ranks of Fibonacci too). Active quest if you feel like it.

For NGUs, split your time between evil NGUs and normal NGUs. Evils are very slow at first but give you a separate bonus multiplier. You want to spend a majority of your time in normal NGUs though since you're either close to or fully BBing all of them and you're getting a lot of power from normal NGUs still. You can either just do like 1 24-hour evil NGU run then a few days of normals, or swap over mid-run. I tended to RB in the evening, do evils for 8-9 hours until I woke up, then swap to normal for the rest of the 24h.

By slowly boss pushing via blood number, NGUs, augs and eating your power fruits, you can probably push to boss 125 and Titan 7 in about 11-14 days. This also means you'll have enough AT and beard banks built up that you should be strong enough to kill T7 right away. He drops at least one level 5-6 gear piece every kill and they're outright stronger than the EV/PPPL gear that you'd be struggling to try to farm up. A few days of killing T7 and you'll be well enough geared to backfill the zone drops for set bonuses and start prepping to move forward/do challenges/etc.

I'm not going to say folks are wrong if they want to just tackle the zones as they come, but drop rates on EV/PPPL are god-awful and unlike some of the previous adventure walls, you can bypass having to farm those drops when they're like 8-10 hit kills. Evilverse gear doesn't even outperform maxed chocolate gear until it's in the 60s, so it's a ton of grinding to actually start to phase chocolate out if you try to farm up EV gear before pushing farther.

So I've been trying to follow this but it's not quite matching up with my experience.

I've got the basic challenges done but it'll take quite a few hours of advanced training to get the stats to manual evilverse.

I'm on the second 24 hour challenge and I've ground to a halt at about boss 70 because my golf diggers are too weak.

Is there a reason to do this via the challenge rather than just normal 24 hour runs? I think I'll be able to squeeze out boss 85 to complete the second 24 hour challenge but I don't think I've got the stats to get up to boss 125 in 24 hours yet.

Unless the gold drop from evilverse is so big that I can insanely increase my diggers?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I'm pretty sure they meant 24h Rebirth and got confused because of writing 'challenge' a ton before, you're effectively resetting your banks every day and getting no progress out of it since the reward for the 24h is pretty piddly now that you're in Evil.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

In Evolve, where do I view my Mastery? I did the Valdi challenge like 6 months ago and then forgot about that part of the game completley so I have absolutely no idea what anything related to challenges/mastery is or does, and I can' t even find the number.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Is there an up to date save editor for Realm Grinder that can unlock the rubies and bonuses for past events? I'm bored enough in quarantine now that I'm considering picking it back up but don't want to be behind permanently because I wasn't playing on a bunch of specific days.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I was invited to play a bunch of these clicker games by Ignatius M. Meen. I'm not really into the genre and most of them were dull but I did like the look of A Firelit Room. The survival/crafting type vibes made it seem a bit different to a standard 'number go up' gameplay!

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

A Dark Room is very good! I'm a little sad you weren't into most of the rest, and good games very like A Dark Room are a bit harder to come by, but there is Armory and Machine on mobile which you might find gets pretty close. You'll probably also find Armory and Machine 2, but that's not as of yet a polished experience (or even one where you don't have to get your save wiped every other week) so try the first one first.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Rarity posted:

I was invited to play a bunch of these clicker games by Ignatius M. Meen. I'm not really into the genre and most of them were dull but I did like the look of A Firelit Room. The survival/crafting type vibes made it seem a bit different to a standard 'number go up' gameplay!

Did you try

Paperclips
Alkahistorian (1, 2 and 3. 3 is completely bonkers but they are all completed in 2-3 days)
That one about some journey in space, which name i cant remember.
Space Lich Omega
Candy Box 2
Succubus (or something)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

A Dark Room is very good! I'm a little sad you weren't into most of the rest, and good games very like A Dark Room are a bit harder to come by, but there is Armory and Machine on mobile which you might find gets pretty close. You'll probably also find Armory and Machine 2, but that's not as of yet a polished experience (or even one where you don't have to get your save wiped every other week) so try the first one first.

I just don't dig the clicker genre at all, sorry! Thanks for trying though!

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

Rarity posted:

There's a prequel called The Ensign you may enjoy!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Ineptitude posted:

Succubus (or something)

Succubox (It's a loot crate parody, the in game option to buy lootcrates is a meta joke / donation button it's not required at all to beat the game in a few hours).

Lufia
Nov 28, 2011
Crank and Mine Defense also have unfolding game systems if that tickles your fancy.
And the two Beep Boop Bitcoin games are quite fun, though they don't stick to the idle game formula for very long. I always thought Bitcoin Mining Profit Calculator: Gaiden felt like A Dark Room on acid. :cheeky:

pelao
Apr 21, 2010

Ineptitude posted:

That one about some journey in space, which name i cant remember.

Crank?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
What's the potato satellite game called? That one's basically a "true" idle game but it's short and made me laugh so I'm mentioning it anyway.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Spaceplan! I enjoyed it for the ~2-3 days it took.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Elector_Nerdlingen posted:

In Evolve, where do I view my Mastery? I did the Valdi challenge like 6 months ago and then forgot about that part of the game completley so I have absolutely no idea what anything related to challenges/mastery is or does, and I can' t even find the number.

mousing over the production of a resource shows the various bonuses and maluses it has, like morale and mastery. You get .25% mastery for every achievement, and each achievement can be done with restrictions that give you a better “star” for it, up to gold. Mastery scales with the star level as well, gold star achievements give 1.25% mastery.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Samuringa posted:

I'm pretty sure they meant 24h Rebirth and got confused because of writing 'challenge' a ton before, you're effectively resetting your banks every day and getting no progress out of it since the reward for the 24h is pretty piddly now that you're in Evil.

Yes, that is correct and I misspoke. Once you are done the evil basics just shift fully to regular 24h rebirths for fruit and gradual boss pushing, don't worry about other challenges since they reset your banks and cumulative progress. And if you can't kill anything in Evilverse that's fine, you just get more gold for diggers when you can.

Apologies for the confusion.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I think it's time to jump into Sadistic in NGU. I have Exile V4 gear cooking in the Daycare and can get the 10k boosts from floor 1150 (although my optimal floor is ~1143 right now), Hacks & wishes are getting harder to level up quickly. Does this sound like a good enough time to make the jump? I haven't beaten boss 301 yet but I'm at 290 on this rebirth and I'm pretty sure if I let it go a couple days I'll be able to get it done.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

No

Sage Grimm posted:

Spaceplan! I enjoyed it for the ~2-3 days it took.

This!

(Also Crank should have been on my list)

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

explosivo posted:

I think it's time to jump into Sadistic in NGU. I have Exile V4 gear cooking in the Daycare and can get the 10k boosts from floor 1150 (although my optimal floor is ~1143 right now), Hacks & wishes are getting harder to level up quickly. Does this sound like a good enough time to make the jump? I haven't beaten boss 301 yet but I'm at 290 on this rebirth and I'm pretty sure if I let it go a couple days I'll be able to get it done.

Wow you got exile first? I jumped to sad immediately and did not regret it, it's miserably slow but your pp gain jumps like woah and the welcome to sad perk kicks rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Eldercain posted:

Wow you got exile first? I jumped to sad immediately and did not regret it, it's miserably slow but your pp gain jumps like woah and the welcome to sad perk kicks rear end

Awesome, thanks. I'll hop right in as soon as I beat 301!