Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

gently caress this thing just does everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Dolphin posted:

nothing about the butthole i see

covid will never touch my butthole

quote:

Her case adds to a growing body of evidence suggesting the new coronavirus, like its cousin SARS, can infect the lining of the lower digestive tract, where the crucial ACE2 receptors are abundant. Viral RNA has been found in as many as 53% of sampled patients’ stool samples. And in a paper in press at Gastroenterology, a Chinese team reported finding the virus’ protein shell in gastric, duodenal, and rectal cells in biopsies from a COVID-19 patient. “I think it probably does replicate in the gastrointestinal tract,” says Mary Estes, a virologist at Baylor College of Medicine.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i don't know what any of those words mean but i do know not one of them is butthole

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

mystes posted:

Lol why am I only hearing this from a comedy forum months into this pandemic?

There is better advice on this dead gay comedy forum for building electronics, investing money, home construction, fixing your car, basically everything in life than you will ever hear from your boss, teacher, financial planner, CO, or counselor. Authority figures are bullshit and every system of authority in our society is built on financial exploitation and lies

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

It's funny how almost every single country tries this same strategy, starts getting destroyed by exponential disease growth, and then has to panic lockdown everything no matter how many times the exact scenario happens over and over again.

America is going to break that pattern, don't worry :911:

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

Son of Man posted:

There is better advice on this dead gay comedy forum for building electronics, investing money, home construction, fixing your car, basically everything in life than you will ever hear from your boss, teacher, financial planner, CO, or counselor. Authority figures are bullshit and every system of authority in our society is built on financial exploitation and lies

it really is a good forum and I appreciate it

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

I haven't played baseball in 20 years or watched it in 5 but just now I thought "man, I really wanna play baseball."

Strange.

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

Ocean Book posted:

it really is a good forum and I appreciate it

Me too. I've been craving "the old days" of Internet community ever since my go-to forums bit the dust. Finally found that here of all places.

What states are reopening too early btw? Anyone have a list? I know Florida has already reopened their beaches cuz they're insane.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Things are looking up for Wisconsin!

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Good thing our plans are based on the virus stopping it's spread in... *checks notes*... two days.

LMAO, we're hosed.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

RandomBlue posted:

Good thing our plans are based on the virus stopping it's spread in... *checks notes*... two days.

LMAO, we're hosed.

These states are doing their part.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

smarxist posted:

demanding the lockdowns end is some real desperate whistling in the dark lmao
A woman came up to me and said
I'd like to poison your mind
With wrong ideas that appeal to you
(Though I am not unkind)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBN4sOQbYxk
Yup, sounds like whistling in the dark.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/MaryHeglar/status/1251259940192292866?s=20

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer

Quiet Feet posted:

Wait, which Pink Floyd album was this again?

Delicate Sound of Blunder

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

lol

e: wrong tweet wrong thread have this

not an endorsement has issued a correction as of 15:36 on Apr 18, 2020

mystes
May 31, 2006

Ebola Roulette posted:

Goddamn I love it when people say some place is past the peak.

Check out an epidemic curve for a propagated disease and it literally looks like that. Propagated diseases have multiple peaks. You can only tell which one was "the big one" retroactively
Actually, it just occurred to me, but on a wide enough scale won't the timing of infections be variable enough that it will cancel out to some degree?

I'm sure if an entire state opens up at the same time this exact effect will occur, though, so it will probably look like:
20 days after opening: cases start increasing again
30 days after opening: oh hey the peak is over
40 days after opening: holy poo poo what's going on?

mystes has issued a correction as of 15:07 on Apr 18, 2020

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

ah but what if the government directly interferes with its own quarantine efforts :thunk:

https://twitter.com/byaaroncdavis/status/1251351521331163137

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Flesh Forge posted:

ah but what if the government directly interferes with its own quarantine efforts :thunk:

https://twitter.com/byaaroncdavis/status/1251351521331163137

deep state conspiracy

a large automobile
Apr 10, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Son of Man posted:

amen

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

https://twitter.com/dave_brown24/status/1251516065575813121

nice

orange sky
May 7, 2007

lolololol

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
i stop obsessing over news for one day and Abbott announces he's sending people back to work. loving moron

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

poo poo the virus on your owwwwwwn
( poo poo the virus all alone )
plume man

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Tom Sellout posted:

i stop obsessing over news for one day and Abbott announces he's sending people back to work. loving moron

Eh, not really.

He opened state parks but said you have to wear a mask and observe social distancing, rescinded order canceling elective medical procedures, and allows for "curbside retail" whatever the gently caress that is.

The whole thing is a charade meant to placate big daddy Trump while actually not changing much at all.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

lol

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Sab0921 posted:

Eh, not really.

He opened state parks but said you have to wear a mask and observe social distancing, rescinded order canceling elective medical procedures, and allows for "curbside retail" whatever the gently caress that is.

The whole thing is a charade meant to placate big daddy Trump while actually not changing much at all.

oops lol

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1251520883220287488

e: I guess this one wasn't directly sanctioned by the GOP because it's not included in the Fox News promotional

Flesh Forge has issued a correction as of 15:49 on Apr 18, 2020

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

running to get the Roni...to own the libs

https://twitter.com/AC360/status/1251327242891857921

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jFnRjHTst8

quote:

A CNN report from Jacksonville, Florida captured a “mad dash” of crowds that accompanied the reopening of that city’s beach — offering a part-hopeful and part-ominous preview of what could happen when more of country emerges from its self-imposed coronavirus lockdown.

Speaking with CNN anchor Anderson Cooper on Friday night, reporter Randi Kaye showed footage of locals literally lined up at the edge of the sand, and then rushing toward the water when officially allowed back onto the beach.

“It was a mad dash here for the ocean. Once police gave the all-clear, all the people who had been lined up in the streets waiting to get to the beach when it opened today at 5:00 p.m., flooded the area,” Kaye explained.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Raiad posted:

the confederate states of america

I TOLD YOU, THE SOUTH SHALL RISE AGAIN

ZOMBIE CONFEDERATE SOLDIERS NEXT ON SYFY

mystes
May 31, 2006

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

running to get the Roni...to own the libs
It's smart that they're limiting the beach hours so that everyone goes at the same time.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!
there is absolutely, positively no way to model just how stupid everything is in this country. there's no way to model "significant right wing money groups are going to fund fake national protests in lock step with a totally false news outlet"

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

charity rereg posted:

there is absolutely, positively no way to model just how stupid everything is in this country. there's no way to model "significant right wing money groups are going to fund fake national protests in lock step with a totally false news outlet"

I mean the protests are real, it's just that they're only like 20 boomers Max and won't accomplish anything other than being reporter bait

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Flesh Forge posted:

oops lol

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1251520883220287488

e: I guess this one wasn't directly sanctioned by the GOP because it's not included in the Fox News promotional

I hope RGA shows up to get owned again lol

mystes
May 31, 2006

charity rereg posted:

It's actually really easy; you just need to use the Non-parametric Asymptotic Z-test Iterative model.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

charity rereg posted:

Lol you can just look at the receipts these days

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

It makes your skin fall off and your bones and genitals dissolve??

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

twoday posted:

It makes your skin fall off and your bones and genitals dissolve??

there has been testicular pain reported, and that earlier report about depressed testosterone. children of men here we come.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

when I had a cat, I'm pretty sure he would have been solidly in the "stay home forever" camp

maybe he was just weirdly clingy for a cat. he always was so happy when I got home