Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Donald J Trump I dare you to cut my head off with a Hanzo steel katana and punt it into the nearest dumpster. I will accept nothing less

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

euphronius posted:

they are county level law enforcement and court functionaries who do things cops dont because cops are usually municipal level or state level

ok thats fine, but why do they have any authority?

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

Thesaurus posted:

Vandalism and petty theft?

sure sure, but I’d rather waste their time and stress them as much as possible

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
our boy is in good form today

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

snoo posted:

mr president come kill me yourself coward

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Sir Tonk posted:

that seems extremely not legal

Its not lol. The page you login to with that info to also very explicitly states that.

Dudes getting sued.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
WE. STARTED. WITH. GARBAGE

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Apraxin posted:

our boy is in good form today

lol sweet jesus he's making a victory speech, wonderful

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Sir Tonk posted:

ok thats fine, but why do they have any authority?

Why does the person charged with enforcing laws in a county have the authority to enforce or not enforce said laws?
Beats me I don't know either.

kopasetic
Sep 18, 2009
the king of ventilators

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
a better question might be why do you have elected county level law enforcement instead of having a statewide police force

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

eric ciaramella posted:

a better question might be why do you have elected county level law enforcement instead of having a statewide police force

ah, how the turn tables. now CSPAM wants more powerful cops!

Mourne
Sep 1, 2004

by Athanatos

Sir Tonk posted:

that seems extremely not legal

but who is going to enforce it? your county DAs office?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Rasczak posted:

Oh hey I've got one of those

Mine's getting there:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

WorldsStongestNerd posted:

Why does the person charged with enforcing laws in a county have the authority to enforce or not enforce said laws?

exactly

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://twitter.com/BBGMarket/status/1251625007467429890

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

good dogge

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

mister president, we must now allow a haircut gap

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

WorldsStongestNerd posted:

Remember how the libs cheered when Obama sometimes just didn't enforce or defend laws he didn't like, setting a precedent now used by Trump?

Woops.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
so I guess Brix's new talking point is that any increase in deaths is because the models now include 'probable' rona deaths

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Just remove a state and the data looks so much better!

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

y'all need to use a measuring scoop when you feed your cats

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Thoguh posted:

Remember how the libs cheered when Obama sometimes just didn't enforce or defend laws he didn't like, setting a precedent now used by Trump?

Woops.

yes the neo nazi party is very observant of precedent

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Thoguh posted:

Woops.

obama was a sheriff?

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Rauros posted:

y'all need to use a measuring scoop when you feed your cats

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

which wartime prez tho?

jefferson davis?
truman using nukes?
whichever 1800's guy invaded mexico?

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

a helpful bear posted:

Very brave to have a cat and a leather couch.

It was $100 when my company's US based office closed down and they poo poo canned everyone. Expensive AF originally but for $100 my baby angel cat can sit on it. They're really good and don't claw at stuff since I keep them entertained and they've got scratching posts around

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

walk report: miserable weather, just people out with dogs

local senior center is extremely quiet, almost suspiciously so

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

eric ciaramella posted:

That is a better question. There is this tension between national-state-local government where for example, local authorities have some ability to defy the state and the states have a limited ability to defy the national government. This is on purpose presumably because the founding fathers were so afraid of tyranny.

Those sheriff's are elected. Presumably the majority of people in that county don't want to go along with what the state is doing, so they have this ability to push back. It's meant to stop overreach of authority. Imagine it being used for good, like say a state rules that gay sex is illegal, but several sheriffs in the state refuse to arrest anybody for it.

Its clunky, causes problems, and may be unnecessary in this modern era, but the founders just thought more authority should be at the local level instead of centralized.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Homeless Friend has issued a correction as of 22:49 on Apr 18, 2020

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

facetoucher cat posted:

It was $100 when my company's US based office closed down and they poo poo canned everyone. Expensive AF originally but for $100 my baby angel cat can sit on it. They're really good and don't claw at stuff since I keep them entertained and they've got scratching posts around

drat that's awesome. I was pretty impressed there were no holes in the pic. You have lovely cats btw

Thank you to everyone posting their kitties

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
ya know, no poo poo china is likely juicing their numbers, but who actually gives a poo poo? It's really insane we keep using this as some 'so there' as if it means we're not dying by the truckload.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Jon Irenicus posted:

walk report: miserable weather, just people out with dogs

local senior center is extremely quiet, almost suspiciously so

they're all dead op

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
Infection2020 now listing more than 6000 new deaths. Can anybody explain why we've had a 3x increase in daily deaths on a Saturday?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

En Garde Motherfuckers
Apr 29, 2009

Hey. Is it just me, or do my balls itch?

yes please!

but icecream first. or liberty i guess