Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Jon Irenicus posted:

walk report: miserable weather, just people out with dogs

local senior center is extremely quiet, almost suspiciously so

Bout drat time they shut the gently caress up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Sing Along posted:

Infection2020 now listing more than 6000 new deaths. Can anybody explain why we've had a 3x increase in daily deaths on a Saturday?

as Brix pointed out as if it was a conspiracy against us, we now are beginning to factor in likely covid deaths rather than literally 'this person was tested positive and died'

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

empty whippet box posted:

who made this I need to speak to them

whoops quote is not edit

No idea, it was kicking around my social feeds

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Sir Tonk posted:

that seems extremely not legal

It's a straight up felony lol

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Sing Along posted:

Infection2020 now listing more than 6000 new deaths. Can anybody explain why we've had a 3x increase in daily deaths on a Saturday?

I’m not an expert, but on a cursory analysis of the information, after checking a few sources, the main reason for this increase in numbers seems to be that more people are ceasing to live

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Sing Along posted:

*working for the weekend begins playing*

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Brexit life

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

oh YES

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
different sites are handling the daily death totals differently, infection2020 is saying 6000 deaths today but worldometer is saying only 1600, but both have the same total cumulative death toll

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

oxsnard posted:

they're all dead op

also reported today: some nursing homes have up to 60% infection rate

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

my cat is confused by the smell of all the beans that ive been cooking lately

for her, the only real change quarantine brings is that the apartment has a lot more cooking smells now, I'm around almost 24/7, and it smells more strongly of alcohol than normal

Bund
Mar 2, 2007

you are getting very hungry

Sing Along posted:

Bund posted:

because they just added the ~4k additional nys deaths from 4/14

https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/ handled this better

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

a helpful bear posted:

drat that's awesome. I was pretty impressed there were no holes in the pic. You have lovely cats btw

Thank you to everyone posting their kitties

Thanks, they're my darlings. I was surprised they didn't tear it up but it's been almost 5 years the one-eyed cat likes to hold onto the edge upside down, or did, we're in a new place now so he'll need to find a new relaxing spot

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

Shipon posted:

different sites are handling the daily death totals differently, infection2020 is saying 6000 deaths today but worldometer is saying only 1600, but both have the same total cumulative death toll

regardless there's been a massive spike over the past two days. we've basically just skipped straight through the 30,000s

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Sing Along posted:

WORKING HARD THANK YOU

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Bullfrog posted:

my cat is confused by the smell of all the beans that ive been cooking lately

for her, the only real change quarantine brings is that the apartment has a lot more cooking smells now, I'm around almost 24/7, and it smells more strongly of alcohol than normal

I call this one, "the stink face" when my cats do it

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Hot cross eyes
Hot cross eyes
One a penny
Two a penny
Hot cross eyes

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1251574155289464834

E: the comments, OMG, lmao

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It’s the rational nationalist response when you’re being humiliated and owned

mystes
May 31, 2006

I feel like that's going to be a pita to remove if we're still alive after coronavirus.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

mystes posted:

I feel like that's going to be a pita to remove if we're still alive after coronavirus.

they'll be confused as hell when they dig it up in a thousand years

mystes
May 31, 2006

RaySmuckles posted:

they'll be confused as hell when they dig it up in a thousand years
Archaeologists always just claim everything was some sort of religious thing anyway.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
I get why they are doing it but man that just feels weird/bad since its like a landmark.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
That beachfront skate park is a symbol of LA's sins, and by burying it they will cleanse themselves of the contagion.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mystes posted:

Archaeologists always just claim everything was some sort of religious thing anyway.

Ahh this must be another of their strange totems of death fear

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
with hundreds of worldwide health departments reporting cases, with backlogged testing and disparities in diagnosis criteria, and the different site collating the data, I wouldnt worry too much about the day to day number. look at the trends.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao looks like Chud trap for the replies?

You think they would like it since authoritarian Chuds hate skaters.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/jesteveztv/status/1251626523779571720

So you can be asymptomatic and just spontaneously die overnight? Cool cool

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

wow very vicious and evil of cspam to make more jokes about death during this global plague of death. time to go to qcs

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

mystes posted:

but to which of our gods? ronald mcdonald? mr clean?

mystes
May 31, 2006

facetoucher cat posted:

https://twitter.com/jesteveztv/status/1251626523779571720

So you can be asymptomatic and just spontaneously die overnight? Cool cool
I'm sure they'll find some sort of undiagnosed preexisting condition if that makes you feel better.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

giving someone death is a lovely gift because everyone is getting one anyways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

wow very vicious and evil of cspam to make more jokes about death during this global plague of death. time to go to qcs

Are people still crying over there