Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

i'm having a loving crack ping moment

i'm reading the southern victory series by harry turtledove, it's alt history and the premise is the south winning the civil war. 50 years later the CSA with france and the UK fights USA and Germany and loses WW1, and afterwards a hitler analog takes control of the CSA in the early 30s, with his political party, the Freedom Party, where he talks about making the confederacy great again and all the members shout FREEDOM! at each other. a book published in the early 2000s lol. crack! ping!

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

mystes posted:

Other people in the thread are saying that the paper doesn't rule out aerosol transmission.

It functionallt doesn't matter , if it can sit in droplet form for an hour via a/c

kater
Nov 16, 2010

lol the study concludes literally none of that and has such banger quotes as

quote:

Virus transmission in this outbreak cannot be explained by droplet transmission alone. Larger respiratory droplets (>5 μm) remain in the air for only a short time and travel only short distances, generally <1 m (2,3). The distances between patient A1 and persons at other tables, especially those at table C, were all >1 m. However, strong airflow from the air conditioner could have propagated droplets from table C to table A, then to table B, and then back to table C (Figure).

and also

quote:

Although the index patient (patient A1) was asymptomatic during the lunch, presymptomatic transmission has been reported (1). Given the incubation periods for family B (Appendix Figure), the most likely scenario is that all 3 family B members were directly infected by patient A1.

DUDE WAS ASYMPTOMATIC AND SPREAD IT METERS AWAY JUST BY EATING WHOO

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

lmao

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1251246274919256065

Totally normal, nothing to see here. Also the second peak, if anything like the 1918 flu, will kill more than the first and more people will need food

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Emanating waves of death as you sit there menacingly eating your spaghetti.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
:theroni:

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

kater posted:

DUDE WAS ASYMPTOMATIC AND SPREAD IT METERS AWAY JUST BY EATING WHOO

Chew with your mouth closed. Problem solved, time to open up .

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

you can cure stupid

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
That restaurant just goes to show that shared indoor spaces are death traps

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
Time to reopen gyms!

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

facetoucher cat posted:

Totally normal, nothing to see here. Also the second peak, if anything like the 1918 flu, will kill more than the first and more people will need food

food lines hanging out in front of nation, very disrespectful.
:smugdon:

mystes
May 31, 2006

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Time to reopen gyms!
Let's get all the gym owners together to shake hands on reopening.

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Bullfrog posted:

covid stream??

the one world together thing that is on every US broadcast channel right now

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

mystes posted:

Other people in the thread are saying that the paper doesn't rule out aerosol transmission.

It doesn't but it's saying that covid likely spreads largely through droplet transmission, so wearing masks would help cut down the spread pretty heavily.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

facetoucher cat posted:

Fake news. Bread lines only happen under communism!

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

please use the version that is not 5 pixels wide thank you

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Time to reopen gyms!

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

good to see red states getting aboard the balkanization train. choo choo motherfucker.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Grapplejack posted:

It doesn't but it's saying that covid likely spreads largely through droplet transmission, so wearing masks would help cut down the spread pretty heavily.
No it's not. The Twitter poster is saying that. The paper isn't. The paper is saying it's not sure but restaurants should take precautions like spacing out tables more.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
I have it on good authority from none other than the president of this United States so I hope you guys can keep this secret but really this is all no big deal and actually fine

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
the neighbours banging is at 7pm every day now. the guy across the street has a little snare drum. still dont know what it's for, there are no cars driving on the street that they're drumming for.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

euphronius posted:

wearing masks at restaurants

OPEN UP AMERICA

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
https://twitter.com/Besusdfs/status/1251615493116526592?s=19

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
If you cover your drat mouth you'll spread it less

Going to restaurants is going to kill you

Aid Conditioning is directly responsible for spreading droplets further than they would have otherwise

That's all I'm trying to say

Bring on SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!

kater
Nov 16, 2010

im just asking questions but does a building ac really run when its 50 degrees out?

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/NPR/status/1251654498931675136

quote:

Scientists say they can distinguish the sound of a COVID-19 cough.
Researchers with the Embedded Systems Laboratory at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne are developing a diagnostic test on a smartphone app that works by "listening" to the sound of the user's cough.

The mobile app has not been developed yet, but volunteers can upload their cough recordings to the project’s website. Users are kept anonymous, but they are asked for permission to save their location, Orlandic says.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

I have AC on right now.

Am I going to die?

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

lol hi cat

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

kater posted:

im just asking questions but does a building ac really run when its 50 degrees out?

kitchens are hot and have gas burners eating up all the O2, they need air circulation if nothing else, yes

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Thesaurus posted:

I have AC on right now.

Am I going to die?

eventually

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Holy poo poo that's great

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Thesaurus posted:

I have AC on right now.

Am I going to die?

yeah

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Thesaurus posted:

I have AC on right now.

Am I going to die?

Fan Death was Real

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

lol bullshit!

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

eric ciaramella posted:

the neighbours banging is at 7pm every day now. the guy across the street has a little snare drum. still dont know what it's for, there are no cars driving on the street that they're drumming for.

It's the only control they have in their lives. It's why the MAGA chuds are freaking out, it's all about losing control because they really don't know what is going to happen. That's the one thing they can control and do to have some sense of being and to feel like they're making "a difference"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

sit on my Facebook has issued a correction as of 03:16 on Apr 19, 2020