Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
well, here's the free copy of gunsmith, first come first serve

FNB66-TWNJG-XABHT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Oh snap, so Crysis 1 feel, but with state of the art graphics?

Hell loving yes!

So...fancier shadows and no change otherwise?

I hope I can still mod the suit powers/energy. :getin:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

M_Gargantua posted:

Still waiting for that original Farcry remake in mega computer melting graphics

i want them to keep the original voice acting and cut scenes

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

My Spirit Otter posted:

well, here's the free copy of gunsmith, first come first serve

thanks

Thanks!

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Aww maaan, I thought that post by the Crysis account meant that the game had already dropped. :(

Back to Subnautica.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

EBB posted:

i want them to keep the original voice acting and cut scenes

I'M GONNA SHOOT YOU IN THE FACE!!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I'M GONNA SHOOT YOU IN THE FACE!!

skip anywhere, it's all awful and all gold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lJ4WWdyLSA

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH2-oM7IWpY

A legit good watch

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Yeah i'm glad the doom devs are good sports about how bug free yet STILL exploitable of a game they made. At the start Marty Straton says "Why don't you beat the game fast playing the right way, that would be more impressive" In all honesty the commentary on the Any% run is much more interesting than seeing someone brutally execute demons for three hours strait, because the 100% Ultra-Nightmare is a beautiful ballad of violence but its ~3-4 hours of your life to watch. (maybe 2:30 in the future, who knows!)

M_Gargantua fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Apr 19, 2020

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
In the meantime watch someone go slowly insane playing a Half-life 2 mod designed specifically for him to go insane while streaming it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL8rxqodeRI

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
You can just start here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL8rxqodeRI&t=1352s if you want 5 minutes of misery rather than the whole half an hour.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

The thrown barrel knocking him off the elevator was just perfect. :allears:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

“Let’s put purple goo in the skybox!” :laffo:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Who needs new workout music? :getin:

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

M_Gargantua posted:

Yeah i'm glad the doom devs are good sports about how bug free yet STILL exploitable of a game they made. At the start Marty Straton says "Why don't you beat the game fast playing the right way, that would be more impressive" In all honesty the commentary on the Any% run is much more interesting than seeing someone brutally execute demons for three hours strait, because the 100% Ultra-Nightmare is a beautiful ballad of violence but its ~3-4 hours of your life to watch. (maybe 2:30 in the future, who knows!)

I think any% is kind of stupid but I appreciate their attitude towards it. They seem to respect it more than anything. It would be goddamn amazing if the devs made a game against speed runners out of it though and I really hope it happens.

A cutscene with nothing but a countdown timer when you launch into the sky would be the best troll.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Played War Thunder for a bit today. First impressions is the game is actively hostile to the player. Spending points to despair is bullshit, the UI is a complete mess, and there are a ton of game mechanics all designed to siphon money out of the player.

Seriously how the gently caress does the UI make any sense? X doesn’t do things. It’s a mixture of needing d-pad inputs and thumb sticks but there is no sense of rationale.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

bloops posted:

Played War Thunder for a bit today. First impressions is the game is actively hostile to the player. Spending points to despair is bullshit, the UI is a complete mess, and there are a ton of game mechanics all designed to siphon money out of the player.

Seriously how the gently caress does the UI make any sense? X doesn’t do things. It’s a mixture of needing d-pad inputs and thumb sticks but there is no sense of rationale.

Cause Gaijin. Also I only play it on PC but I'm currently taking a break due to the Object 279 bullshit (I'd totally wallet warrior it, but I'm on a PC game budget right now)

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Yeah, I tried it and I guess it was kinda cool but it wasn't my jam

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
World of Tanks is much more of what I want. Super fun.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Well I think my current Bannerlord game is glitch locked. I was about to have a battle and managed to turn an enemy lord via charm dialogue, but now every time I leave the dialogue screen and go back to the world map, he just talks to me again. Happens every time whether I try to hold in place or move somewhere else. Dude just keeps talking to me and I can't get anywhere else. :mad:

I was doing so well this game too, 60 palatine guards and everything.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

The Rat posted:

Well I think my current Bannerlord game is glitch locked. I was about to have a battle and managed to turn an enemy lord via charm dialogue, but now every time I leave the dialogue screen and go back to the world map, he just talks to me again. Happens every time whether I try to hold in place or move somewhere else. Dude just keeps talking to me and I can't get anywhere else. :mad:

I was doing so well this game too, 60 palatine guards and everything.

Just keep trying. You'll eventually be able to get away from the convo

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Someone in the Games Bannerlord thread suggested using the teleport cheat to get away, and that worked. Game salvaged!

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

anyone else grab farming sim 19 when it was free on EGS and feel like doing some quarantine farming?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

bannerlord is fun but a lot of the game feels either unfinished or bad. Tracking down a NPC is annoying as hell.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

PookBear posted:

bannerlord is fun but a lot of the game feels either unfinished or bad. Tracking down a NPC is annoying as hell.

So like the previous games jank but with better graphics?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I went into my Steam library looking for something else to play, ended up back on Dawn of War: Soulstorm. Playing the campaign on difficult as Imperial Guard is every bit the meat grinder you’d expect it to be :twisted:

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Isn't it early access and being patched like daily?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Icon Of Sin posted:

I went into my Steam library looking for something else to play, ended up back on Dawn of War: Soulstorm. Playing the campaign on difficult as Imperial Guard is every bit the meat grinder you’d expect it to be :twisted:

I unearthed some of the Dawn of War expansions a couple of months back, and the ratio issues on a 4K screen just made the entirety of it almost unplayable. Still played a couple of hours because it was still fun, the fun just didn't outlast the GUI frustration unfortunately.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I unearthed some of the Dawn of War expansions a couple of months back, and the ratio issues on a 4K screen just made the entirety of it almost unplayable. Still played a couple of hours because it was still fun, the fun just didn't outlast the GUI frustration unfortunately.

The camera zoom is what kills me on it. I want to see my full company of guardsmen marching off to their inevitable doom, not be zoomed in to one or two squads (and that’s the furthest extent).

Dawn of War 2 was smaller-scale, and doesn’t quite have the same epic feel to it...and I barely played 3, but I remember disliking it for some reason. The last expansion for 2 was pretty cool, but didn’t let you import your :black101: commander from the base game or the first expansion...but still stood well-enough on its own. I’m pretty sure people are still playing Last Stand, but probably not the actual multiplayer RTS part of it :v:

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Yeah I'm a huge 40k goon but I tried DOW 3 for a couple hours on a free weekend and uninstalled it in disgust. Couldn't put a solid reason for it other than it felt like some other game with a 40k skin on top of it. Didn't feel right at all.

Did really enjoy 1 and 2 though. It's a shame all the latest 40k games have come from smaller studios and generally been pretty terrible.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Internet Wizard posted:

Isn't it early access and being patched like daily?

The main problem is tracking down other NPCs to interact with them is a pain in the dick. You have to use the encyclopedia to look up where they were last seen, head there, use the encyclopedia to see where they were last seen, head there, and rinse repeat until you find them. If you could Track them and have where they were last seen appear in the top right it would be an easy fix and make finding nobles far less annoying.

And to form your own kingdom you have to track down every faction leader

PookBear fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Apr 22, 2020

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

this thread has been pretty quiet since FF7 came out 👀

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Listen: K.K. Slider is coming to my island tomorrow and I'm nervous, OK? This is our big chance and I don't want to gently caress it up.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I just beat FF7R. If I didn't know Cyberpunk 2077 was coming out this year I would say this would likely be my game of the year.

The characterizations and VAs for each character were perfect, Cloud in the remake is a socially awkward dork, not the broody emo dude from the later FF7 movie/games. Biggs, Wedge, and Jessie in particular were all awesome and turned characters that were mostly forgettable in the original (partly because they're only in the first hour of the game) into great regular supporting characters to the main cast.

All I'll say about the Wall Market chapter is that it was both awesome and hilarious and that if you don't like the Honeybee Inn section then there is a serious flaw with you as a human being.

There's so many little touches that remind you of the original that are perfectly executed, I felt like I was back in middle school again.

The weak point for the game is the side quests because they don't really add much of anything to the story but there really aren't that many of them. The rewards for doing them are really good though, plus they generally just make you fight stuff and the combat system is one of the strong points of the game.

A minority of people are furious that the game isn't a 1 for 1 retelling of the original but personally I'm 100% on board with what Square has done with the remake so far.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

The boss fights in Ff7R are some of the cooler boss fights I’ve seen in single player games. They have phases and you typically can’t just button mash your way to victory. You have to actually respond to what the boss is doing beyond just dodging attacks.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

this thread has been pretty quiet since FF7 came out 👀

Well between that and a Maximus Cup based on *raises eyeglasses* loving Ring Fit adventure

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

The gently caress, its april 24 here and I cant download chimera squad

What gives

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

The gently caress, its april 24 here and I cant download chimera squad

What gives

Yeah wtf.

I bought a key on Humble and it's still unavailable.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://i.imgur.com/rrheCn3.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

i'm up to what i assume is the final battle in ff7r and BOY HOWDY DO I LOVE GETTING loving STUNLOCKED