Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Baron von Eevl posted:

I was at a Melvins/Jello and the Melvins show back in the day and there was a giant dude in a denim jacket that had a huge confederate flag backpatch, he was wasted already but kept pulling tallboy cans out of his jacket, I'm not sure how many pockets he had on inside of that thing but it was wild, like a clown car. Anyway he was standing in the back with like the soundguy and the olds who just wanted to stand there and watch the openers with their arms crossed and like a pregnant lady and just kept wanting to get rowdy and start a pit, in the back of the venue. He kept getting beers out and drinking half of them then throwing the half-filled can into the crowd and would push people from behind to try and get a pit going. Eventually some little skinhead guy (he was picking a fight with Mr. Confederate so hopefully he was a SHARP and not just a neonazi) came up telling him to loving cut it out. The skin was like a full head shorter than Lynyrd Shythyd, probably more than 12" difference between them. The confederate guy just scoffed and made a sort of mocking "putting my dukes up" gesture. The skin just like hopped up and hit him once in the jaw and, my dudes, the big guy came down hard. Landed on his face, didn't even put his hands out to break his fall or anything. Eventually some people working the show managed to scrape him up off the floor and bring a mop to clean up the blood pouring out of his severely busted nose like this poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Memento posted:

loving hell

"anything I don't like is communism" really is a way of life with these people

I mean, a lot of people do that here with capitalism too. Everyone likes to blame things they don't like on something. Personally, I like to blame things I don't like on Mesopotamia. loving futile crescent. :argh:

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Yes it was almost exactly that gesture.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

hooah posted:

I understand that, but I just don't get the appeal. But as oldpainless said, to each their own (in this case).

Used to be in pits a lot, and the appeal is the physicality. It's basically dancing, except metal, you know. Always left the pit sweaty and with some bruises. Stopped doing it though because the risk of twisting your ankle or something is too great, even if the people are good, and sometimes they're not good... And I guess I just got old.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Can't blame her, the mango temptation is too strong for anyone to resist.

Solice Kirsk posted:

I mean, a lot of people do that here with capitalism too. Everyone likes to blame things they don't like on something. Personally, I like to blame things I don't like on Mesopotamia. loving futile crescent. :argh:

You'll rue the day you insulted Mesopotamia. Just ku wait.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Baron von Eevl posted:

I was at a Melvins/Jello and the Melvins show back in the day and there was a giant dude in a denim jacket that had a huge confederate flag backpatch, he was wasted already but kept pulling tallboy cans out of his jacket, I'm not sure how many pockets he had on inside of that thing but it was wild, like a clown car. Anyway he was standing in the back with like the soundguy and the olds who just wanted to stand there and watch the openers with their arms crossed and like a pregnant lady and just kept wanting to get rowdy and start a pit, in the back of the venue. He kept getting beers out and drinking half of them then throwing the half-filled can into the crowd and would push people from behind to try and get a pit going. Eventually some little skinhead guy (he was picking a fight with Mr. Confederate so hopefully he was a SHARP and not just a neonazi) came up telling him to loving cut it out. The skin was like a full head shorter than Lynyrd Shythyd, probably more than 12" difference between them. The confederate guy just scoffed and made a sort of mocking "putting my dukes up" gesture. The skin just like hopped up and hit him once in the jaw and, my dudes, the big guy came down hard. Landed on his face, didn't even put his hands out to break his fall or anything. Eventually some people working the show managed to scrape him up off the floor and bring a mop to clean up the blood pouring out of his severely busted nose like this poo poo.

Just out of curiosity, what's a "SHARP"?

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

SkinHeads Against Racist Punks

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Skinheads Against Racial Prejudice, I think.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Gonna guess the AR in SHARP is for "anti-racist". So I'd say maybe a Skin Head Anti-racist Punk?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Solice Kirsk posted:

In America, blaming everything on capitalism will get you closer to the truth than blaming everything on communism. But that might actually be true of blaming Mesopotamia.

Leon Sumbitches posted:

SkinHeads Against Racist Punks

I've come across leftists skinheads who call themselves "red skins." :o:

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

YggiDee posted:

Skinheads Against Racial Prejudice, I think.

It's this. :eng101:

Here's a picture.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
The people blaming communism are probably blaming Mesopotamia too these days although they might not know it by that name.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Communist Manifesto, Chapter 17 : Standing six feet apart.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

They should call themselves SKinheads Against Racism because SKAR sounds way more badass than SHARP.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

i will stake out the compromise position of SKARP

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Moon Slayer posted:

They should call themselves SKinheads Against Racism because SKAR sounds way more badass than SHARP.

There used to be a group called the South Chicago Anti-racist Skins (SCARS). Not sure if they're still around. You meet a lot of interesting people when you live in a punk squat for years.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Yeah 18 year old me was concerned when I was going to local shows and skinheads were showing up. Finally ended up talking to some of them and they're like "yeah we're not racists we just like punk rock". Pretty cool people all around.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Yeah, the whole skinhead thing was originally just a working class signifier, but of course nazis co-opted it because loving nazis.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Baron von Eevl posted:

Yeah, the whole skinhead thing was originally just a working class signifier, but of course nazis co-opted it because loving nazis.

Just like juggalos. Clowns used to be a symbol of the working class, and ICP co-opted it to spread magnet related disinformation.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Moon Slayer posted:

Skin Heads Advocating Racial Tolerance

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

LifeSunDeath posted:

Just like juggalos. Clowns used to be a symbol of the working class, and ICP co-opted it to spread request magnet related disinformation.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Ok well that is technically true.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Son of Rodney posted:

I'm curious about what goons would classify a Stromboli as

Is it a calzone? A rolled up pizza? A wrap? A burrito? Some kind of shrimp?
I made stromboli because of this post and they were pretty drat good.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Memento posted:

loving hell

"anything I don't like is communism" really is a way of life with these people

McCarthyism is a brain disease

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

LifeSunDeath posted:

Just like juggalos. Clowns used to be a symbol of the working class, and ICP co-opted it to spread magnet related disinformation.

They've been proven more and more right as scientists keep releasing studies that say things like taking a nap with your dog makes you suicidal

doverhog
May 31, 2013

MizPiz posted:

They've been proven more and more right as scientists keep releasing studies that say things like taking a nap with your dog makes you suicidal

That's not true though? Studies indicate having a dog is good for your mental and physical health.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

doverhog posted:

That's not true though? Studies indicate having a dog is good for your mental and physical health.

dog is very good for health, I won't hear another word on the matter.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

MizPiz posted:

Ha jokes on you. I was already suicidal before I even GOT a dog. Answer that scientits

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

The only ethical consumption under capitalism is eating your dog, to save yourself from suicide. Science has proven it.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LifeSunDeath posted:

Juggalo hate was just a way to hate on poor people in a socially acceptable way

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

hawowanlawow posted:

I wanted to see king buzzo next month but the tickets were like $100

I have some news for you about this thing called the coronavirus

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Randaconda posted:

It was never socially unacceptable to hate poor people in america

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Randaconda posted:

Yeah. All subcultures get hate, because they by their very definition are apart.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Huh, it's true. When artfully applied you can't even tell when someone is wearing make up.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/rUv6O4k.mp4

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica

Tragic.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

This is amazing work. As a student of history I can say that I’ve seen hundreds of gifs like this, and have shown little to no emotion. The gifs were just windows to a past I’ve never lived in, people who I never knew or would ever know. But this gif made me stop and evaluate. Putting Storm Troopers in made me actually look at what is really happening. Putting something that everyone is familiar with in a situation that no one knows, and to make people feel those emotions well, that takes amazing talent. Thank you.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Great, as it Star Wars fans didn't have enough reason to be anti- Rose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

I was waiting for the stormtrooper who bonked his head everything on the propeller, and it never came.