Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

MadJackal posted:

The guidelines two weeks ago said we gave azithromycin AND plaquenil for patients with a QTc less than 550.

Five five zero.

Oh, AMAZINGLY there was a new guideline a week ago to immediately stop azithromycin on all COVIDs.

countdown till they discontinue plaquenil as well because by all accounts it doesn't help either

start giving out those dope IL-6 inhibitor cuban antivirals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

the quarantine just got 5 weeks longer

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

yea right, american police would have shot all three of them and then sued the family for emotional distress for having to kill their children and set up a gofundme for themselves which would rapidly have busted $10,000

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

https://twitter.com/tobiaschneider/status/1251959920456589312

ocd-satisfying protest

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Homeless Friend posted:

you forgot the zpak dumbass, what do they teach you people in medical school

They make nice camping stuff but not sure what that has to do with his post

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
switzerland has three "language regions": german (blue), french (yellow) and italian (red). the covid mortality of each region is correlated a lot more with the neighbor country that speaks that same language than with the other swiss regions. could speaking german cure the coronavirus?

https://twitter.com/luzischutz/status/1252148713176383490

poty has issued a correction as of 09:55 on Apr 20, 2020

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Have you goon docs tried slapping nicotine patches on your roni patients yet?

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

MadJackal posted:

The guidelines two weeks ago said we gave azithromycin AND plaquenil for patients with a QTc less than 550.

Five five zero.

Oh, AMAZINGLY there was a new guideline a week ago to immediately stop azithromycin on all COVIDs.

wow, 550, that's crazy. i understand why that is crazy of course but perhaps some context for the goons who don't understand what that means (not me) would be helpful

Jackhammer
Jul 10, 2008

poty posted:

switzerland has three "language regions": german (blue), french (yellow) and italian (red). the covid mortality of each region is correlated a lot more with the neighbor country that speaks that same language than with the other swiss regions. could speaking german cure the coronavirus?

Covid-19 is actually latin strain of the MGS 5 vocal chord parasite.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Sphyre posted:

wow, 550, that's crazy. i understand why that is crazy of course but perhaps some context for the goons who don't understand what that means (not me) would be helpful

If we prescribe drugs which gently caress around with your heart's wiring, it can kill you. There are many drugs we prescribe for many reasons, which combined can kill you.

The people higher up than me said for COVID patients we should prescribe a couple drugs which maybe kinda work, but we sorta kinda knew didn't do anything other than push up the the chances of loving around with your heart's wiring into the "Oops, dead" range.

MadJackal has issued a correction as of 10:04 on Apr 20, 2020

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Sphyre posted:

Higher number = greater likelihood you have a dangerous or fatal arrhythmia develop

Normal number is 400 to 450. In general it's not recommended to give anything that can increase the number when it gets close to or reaches 500.

But I guess MadJackal's institution just wanted to keep their practitioners on their toes in terms of recognizing Torsades.

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

MadJackal posted:

If we prescribe drugs which gently caress around with your heart's wiring, it can kill you. There are many drugs we prescribe for many reasons, which combined can kill you.

The people higher up than me said we can prescribe a couple drugs which we sorta kinda knew didn't do anything other than push up the the chances of loving around with your heart's wiring into the "Oops, dead" range.

Also you’re normally supposed to start worrying about drugs that screw up the heart wiring when the qt hits 450-500ish. So prescribing two meds that make that qt measurement higher at the 550 range is total crazytown and only being allowed because the *ahem* powers that be, really wanted hydroxychloroquin to work out.

Cardiologists across the country were freaking the heck out over it.

Nodelphi has issued a correction as of 10:11 on Apr 20, 2020

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

MadJackal posted:

The people higher up than me said for COVID patients we should prescribe a couple drugs which maybe kinda work, but we sorta kinda knew didn't do anything other than push up the the chances of loving around with your heart's wiring into the "Oops, dead" range.

COVID also leads to Pulseless Electrical Activity (AKA you die because the wiring is fried despite whatever the EKG says). And in the early days we were giving drugs which mess around with the heart despite us not really knowing if they help.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Nodelphi posted:

Also you’re normally supposed to start worrying about drugs that screw up the heart wiring when the qt hits 450-500ish. So prescribing two meds that make that qt measurement higher at the 550 range is total crazytown and only being allowed because the *ahem* powers that be, really wanted hydroxychloroquin to work out.

Dude, I've got some share of PTSD from the insanity of this response. Catch 22 poo poo.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

poty posted:

no it just means the people from that language went there skiiing in February and March

Italy side especially had agressive ads and forced open their skilifts etc, so Italians who couldn't ski in Italy just went to Switzerland (and Austria which transported the virus all the way up to northern Germany lol)

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

lmao these amateurs didnt even bomb the kids and burn down the neighborhood :sad:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lol at going to school only to end up having to listen to donald trumps medical advice, cant get more owned then that

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

MadJackal posted:

Dude, I've got some share of PTSD from the insanity of this response. Catch 22 poo poo.

Yeah I went through Katrina and have some latent PTSD from that and this is so much worse. Supply chain is still screwed up, the treatments change almost daily and administration constantly wants to paint a rosy picture of everything.

That’s not to mention the fact that outside this forum I’m like as not going to be accused of being a crisis actor.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

don't worry i'm outside surrounded by people but we're social distancing properly. huh, air? what is air? what is breath? molecules? hmm.. i dunno. speed of molecules in air, i dunno.. look, i don't even ask where the food goes after i eat it. sometimes it comes back up, i dunno. i'm just walking behind this guy, no way i'm breathing in what he's exhaling or anything. i'd know it, trust me. this is my little zone, nothing enters without me knowing. it'll be fine. relax... relax....

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Nodelphi posted:

Yeah I went through Katrina and have some latent PTSD from that and this is so much worse. Supply chain is still screwed up, the treatments change almost daily and administration constantly wants to paint a rosy picture of everything.

That’s not to mention the fact that outside this forum I’m like as not going to be accused of being a crisis actor.

I can call you one here too if it makes you feel more at home. I won't mean it but if it helps get you through the day I'll lie.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
they don’t call it practicing medicine for nothing, bazingo

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Homeless Friend posted:

lol at going to school only to end up having to listen to donald trumps medical advice, cant get more owned then that

lol

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Farm Frenzy posted:

i think its good

if twitter respond by blocking some news source from being linked, you will not be able to link to the source of a news piece. I think that would be bad.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
:thunk:

https://twitter.com/cnni/status/1252167890930995200

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

oh well what the hell

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
So I had some weird whiplash yesterday with good/bad reactions to this stuff.

Went to a local place to pick up a sandwich, and they had a sign on the door that they're limiting occupancy to two people waiting for pick-up at a time and please stand outside to wait your turn. So I waited by the curb when this dude (with no mask, of course) just walks in and literally everyone in the place starts yelling at him before he can close the door. It was pretty hilarious.

Later on I had to go to Target to pick up some medication for my mom. Waiting outside and a cop walks up to a woman sitting in her car, makes her roll down her window while he's like a foot away from her face, and yells at her to put on a mask. While she was sitting alone in her car.

On the bright side it's actually really nice to see a solid 4/5 people walking around with masks and gloves. Less nice to see them shoving their gloved hands all over their faces and constantly playing with the masks.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
So is Gileads drug actually doing poo poo or is it another one of those bullshit things.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Posting from 15 pages back to say that ohmygod I want to murder chipndip and every last one of you who made more than one post responding to them.

Here have some more Lucius.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Telsa Cola posted:

So is Gileads drug actually doing poo poo or is it another one of those bullshit things.

Phase 3 severe trials won't be done until the end of the month. Probably it'll be effective without being a miracle cure.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Cops in southrn California executed a black man in walmart today

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Dancer posted:

Here have some more Lucius.

wanna rub that belly :3:

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

All those pics of crystal clear skies have come at a terrible price:

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Toys For rear end Bum posted:

All those pics of crystal clear skies have come at a terrible price:

holy loving poo poo

I'm having flashbacks to ~2000

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
man fuckin bullshit gas prices in :ca: haven't budged that much at all

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Doc Fission posted:

wanna rub that belly :3:

If he's comfy enough (for instance because you've already sufficiently rubbed other parts of him), he will even let you :3: .

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc
oh my god, the comic came true, trump found the gas prices and economy levers and he flipped them

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Nodelphi posted:

meanwhile,

https://twitter.com/OrthoA/status/1251285148030681088

CHOOSE DEATH

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
that'll show him :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/bopinion/status/1252180721302732803?s=20

https://twitter.com/economics/status/1252180721441046537?s=20