Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Have docs tried cocaine on their patients?

Because it would own pretty hard if original Coca Cola could come back.

And I'm 99.999999% sure we have the perfect guy in the white house to deschedule it.

I want to start a legalize cocaine lobby.

Need to raise $100,000 to send a really chatty guy to D.C. to suggest that legalizing cocaine will solve any problem that comes up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Destroying my lungs to the point where I need oxygen and being on dialysis both for the rest of my life to own the libs

Utz
Aug 1, 2008

by vyelkin

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Pook Good Mook posted:

This is really important for people to remember. The median income for Trump's voters was like $70,000. Note how many loving new pick-ups are in the pictures. These are all suburban dipshits. Working class people are probably working.

yeah the defense of chuds using language of the left is almost always strasserite poo poo

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

https://twitter.com/horiananee/status/1252213349200388098?s=21

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

shovelbum posted:

I never got how the gently caress you can afford those trucks on anything under like $300k

they can't

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

FAUXTON posted:

yeah the defense of chuds using language of the left is almost always strasserite poo poo

The defense of settler whites using language of the left is by definition strasserite poo poo bc whiteness is incompatible with proletarianness?

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

You can't, and probably most of the people who have them can't afford them

A new base model F-150 is $28,000 if you pay cash straight up. That's more than I owed after 4-years of undergrad.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Pook Good Mook posted:

A new base model F-150 is $28,000 if you pay cash straight up. That's more than I owed after 4-years of undergrad.

The cheapest ones on the lots are like $50k lmao

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

shovelbum posted:

I never got how the gently caress you can afford those trucks on anything under like $300k

I looked into buying a truck since I do trailwork as a summer job and a hobby and I have a big garden. Even with a good downpayment the monthly payments are loving crazy.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

Atoramos posted:

What's sorta funny is that the second (or third?) waves of death will still occur before November. It seems like the more politically smart move would be to keep everything locked down to actually decrease infections making it appear we overreacted, then point to 'them Dem governors' for keeping everything locked down as though it weren't necessary.

But of course that suggests Trump is capable of making the 'smart move' and that America isn't a death cult for Number.

no, it’s perfect. cement this now so that when elections roll around, things are so bad you have to cancel elections. failing that, trump can just do press-conference rallies 3 times a day that are willingly and lovingly broadcast on all major news outlets.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

I looked into buying a truck since I do trailwork as a summer job and a hobby and I have a big garden. Even with a good downpayment the monthly payments are loving crazy.

Even like medium duty diesel trucks are cheaper than modern pickups, I know they might not have THE HORSES but you could be rolling around in one of those big landscaping trucks and unless you needed to pull a cattle trailer or whatever you'd be way ahead for both price and function.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

shovelbum posted:

That's the magic of the 72 month car loan.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

shovelbum posted:

The cheapest ones on the lots are like $50k lmao

I was surprised it was $28k, I had to look it up because I assumed they were all 50-60k, which is what the ones on the lot are priced at.

Incidentally, a $50k pick-up is more than I owed after loving law school. And you get a private 5-year loan to boot.

Of course, most of these suburban dipshits are calling them "business vehicles" and buying them through their bullshit LLC.

shovelbum posted:

Even like medium duty diesel trucks are cheaper than modern pickups, I know they might not have THE HORSES but you could be rolling around in one of those big landscaping trucks and unless you needed to pull a cattle trailer or whatever you'd be way ahead for both price and function.

I'm happy they're bringing back small pick-ups like the Ranger. I'd actually consider buying those because the utility they offer is actually what I'd need occasionally. I don't have a boat or horses to tow.

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

“He would just raise one cheek and he would look at me and smile,” she told the paper

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/619389/mr-rogers-loved-farting

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

PostNouveau posted:

I want to start a legalize cocaine lobby.

Need to raise $100,000 to send a really chatty guy to D.C. to suggest that legalizing cocaine will solve any problem that comes up.

My man have you heard of Donald Trump?

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

should I just assume anyone BRRRRMMMMMMMing around in a giant shiny ugly truck in my poo poo rear end poor neighborhood hasn't paid it off yet

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

shovelbum posted:

it involves not saving money for a rainy day, not funding college for kids, etc

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,

Pook Good Mook posted:

maybe I'm weird but 28k is a ridiculous amount of money to spend on a vehicle

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

The protest and media support for them is in part an attempt to win over the working class to the position that "reopening the economy" is the only solution to the crisis.

Tanning salon owners and used car dealers are being sacrificed to take up any fuel for a real working class movement, or even any real relief from above.

Can't let this stuff get too much attention!
https://twitter.com/IlhanMN/status/1251294620983558144?s=20
lol data for progress
https://twitter.com/hillside_villa/status/1252049626535886849?s=20
https://twitter.com/PopResistance/status/1251290845937983488?s=20

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Nothus posted:

That's the magic of the 72 month car loan.

lol even then its like double the down payment of a decked out accord or camry

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

shovelbum posted:

poo poo, i'm looking into getting a diesel wrangler and that's still going to be north of $40k

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Pook Good Mook posted:

Of course, most of these suburban dipshits are calling them "business vehicles" and buying them through their bullshit LLC.

wait how does this work, i should be running a scam this is america

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Don’t like it, leave, etc

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
and those lift kits they all put on their fully loaded pickups arent cheap either

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

snoo posted:

should I just assume anyone BRRRRMMMMMMMing around in a giant shiny ugly truck in my poo poo rear end poor neighborhood hasn't paid it off yet

Probably. Though as a general rule, they're usually millionaire assholes RPing as working class people.

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.

pretty soon there's gonna be some sweet deals at auto auctions on late model diesel pickups that've never pulled a load heavier than a chud and his wife

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1252262411194769410?s=19

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://www.marionstar.com/story/news/2020/04/16/coronavirus-marion-ohio-man-dies-case-count/5145803002/

quote:

MARION — A Marion County man diagnosed with the coronavirus in late March has died.

OhioHealth officials confirmed Thursday that John W. McDaniel, 60, Marion, died at 1:34 p.m. on Wednesday, April 15 at Riverside Methodist Hospital in Columbus. He was receiving treatment for the COVID-19 virus at Riverside when he passed away.

I...

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

shovelbum posted:

wait how does this work, i should be running a scam this is america

As long as you can conceivably name some nonsense you do out of your home a "business," then you can start a business and expense your car purchases.

My loving old landlady had an LLC. My wife's parents are semi-retired and one of their cars is a "business expense." It's nonsense.

Note, this type of light fraud is absolutely nothing compared to the poo poo that major corporations get to pull and no where near as costly. Bullshit is still bullshit though.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

vyst posted:

Mods change my name to COVID and Cambria

Thats an A+ handle

custom title:

No, I hope you die right now,
Will you drink my chemical?

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Pook Good Mook posted:

As long as you can conceivably name some nonsense you do out of your home a "business," then you can start a business and expense your car purchases.

My loving old landlady had an LLC. My wife's parents are semi-retired and one of their cars is a "business expense." It's nonsense.

Note, this type of light fraud is absolutely nothing compared to the poo poo that major corporations get to pull and no where near as costly. Bullshit is still bullshit though.

I thought you had to turn a profit eventually? And couldn't expense the whole thing unless you only used it for business? Guessing that's entirely unenforced?

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

look up sticker price on a late model king ranch power stroke diesel 4x4

think of how many of those you see used as pristine commuter vehicles

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

shovelbum posted:

I thought you had to turn a profit eventually? And couldn't expense the whole thing unless you only used it for business? Guessing that's entirely unenforced?

Hahahahaha this is loving America man.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

and those lift kits they all put on their fully loaded pickups arent cheap either

even then they buy the cheapest kits installed by the cheapest labor that will disintegrate after only a few miles of being off road

an actual vehicle that's built to go off road isn't cheep at all and it sucks that 99% of modern SUV's are just supersized cars since there are hardly any real options

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol owned.

Imagine how many helicopter and drone strikes Corona-chan is unlocking with this killstreak!

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

eighty-four merc posted:

look up sticker price on a late model king ranch power stroke diesel 4x4

think of how many of those you see used as pristine commuter vehicles

Yeah and unless I'm really doing something wrong and all my neighbors are millionaires, they're not being driven by millionaires

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

crush car culture