Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

BigglesSWE posted:

Him repeating "if we didn't do anything it would've been X amounts worse" is gonna be the major selling point from the chuds once the poo poo hits the fan for real. "Well it would've been SO MUCH WORSE if Obummer was still in office!"

yeah but i think most folks have zero faith in trump and him blatantly trying to move the goalposts of success like 10 year old kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

March does feel like months ago

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Did they have time to ask him about the oil collapse, or is that gonna be the highlights of tomorrow?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1252367736564408321

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1252374768436654081

this speaks so hard about how bad freddy hosed his brain up.

I’m playing the Final Fantasy VII Remake now and I swear to god they remodeled President Shinra to look like Fred Trump.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

I’m playing the Final Fantasy VII Remake now and I swear to god they remodeled President Shinra to look like Fred Trump.

fred looks more like my one dead "cool" uncle crossed mixed with doctor phil than shinra. but thats just me

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Trump has single handily now and forever killed the argument that a fictional bad guy is too evil.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

FuturePastNow posted:

March does feel like months ago

I mean, heck, so does April.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU
Edit: gently caress, wrong thread. I'm real smart.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Flip Yr Wig posted:

https://twitter.com/GovKemp/status/1252339586291949568

I'm genuinely amazed that they're leading here with the businesses that specifically involve close physical contact with the general public. One has to assume they're intentionally trying to amplify cases.

It's gonna hit Atlanta the hardest which is probably the point. Bunch of loving racists "Atlanta isn't the real Georgia" bullshit designed to hurt PoC the most.

rko
Jul 12, 2017

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Even to Bloomberg that money isn't nothing, it was a huge chunk of cash that he got nothing out of. And he really did get nothing—his campaign didn't solicit donations (So no donor lists) and he only got his campaign staff by paying them triple of what anyone else was. That isn't a sustainable campaign for anyone who isn't one of the ten richest people on earth, and even for Bloomberg it's difficult to believe he could have sustained that rate of spending through the general election, even with party help. And while, yes, he's influential within the Democratic Party, he already has been for some time. All the presidential run did was waste a ton of his own money and damage his personal reputation. (Also, he's 78—he ain't running again).

As to Sanders, I don't think going after Biden directly would have done him any favors. It may have damaged Biden himself, but voters discouraged from Biden wouldn't have automatically gone towards Sanders, and if anything may have been pushed away from him. Primaries are tricky like that.

When Bloomberg entered the race, it was back when literally everyone thought Biden wasn’t going to be able to cinch the nomination, you know, two months ago. And however big that chunk of cash was, it’s nothing compared to what he would owe in taxes with a successful Sanders presidency. All he would have to do is deny Bernie a solid plurality at the convention and he could trust the Dems to do the rest. It wouldn’t even matter if he was loathed, if he’d have to spend a billion. It’d all be worth it.

I can only assume Obama didn’t call and tell him not to bother as a joke.

I agree that Sanders attacking Biden more wouldn’t have changed anything. It’s nice to think it would, but the primary electorate has already proven it will ignore the emperor’s nudity if the media spends enough time covering his incredible wardrobe. Ffs they slow walked a serious rape accusation to protect him. I have yet to see a credible explanation for how Bernie beats that, ever, with any strategy short of doing The Talented Mr. Ripley to Rupert Murdoch.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
I think Bloomberg would have been a serious contender on Super Tuesday had the path not been cleared for Biden, and Bloomberg’s looming presence was probably a factor in everyone coalescing around Biden, so in a way he did make a difference and he did get what he was after (a centrist nominee, just not the one he wanted).

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

One of these days OANN is just gonna ask "Why are you so awesome?"

OANN: Mr. glorious godking President, is it true that you have the biggest dick out of all presidents ever?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Lmao I'm playing FF7 remake right now and passed an NPC who said "everything coming out of the President's mouth is complete bullshit." Big mood there game.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_r...gn=desktop_push

quote:

The leader of a Central church who's defied Louisiana's limits on crowd sizes due to the coronavirus outbreak was issued an arrest warrant for aggravated assault after nearly hitting a protester with a church bus, police said.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Guze posted:

Georgia precautions are not really enforceable and basic poo poo you should be doing anyway like cleaning and washing hands

https://twitter.com/JonShirek/status/1252333887390433283?s=20

"PROHIBITING WORKERS from touching stuff
businesses to supply what they think their employees need *shrug* i don't know
PROHIBITING WORKERS from gathering
business should maybe think of doing or not doing stuff as they see fit, maybe, sorta."

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Feldegast42 posted:

The chud states are beginning to reopen so it looks like the protests are actually really successful, who would have thought it

I guarantee the protests had nothing to do with it. Chud states have been chomping at the bit to open and determined by mid to late April they'd be open since March

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

DrNutt posted:

Lmao I'm playing FF7 remake right now and passed an NPC who said "everything coming out of the President's mouth is complete bullshit." Big mood there game.

There’s a LOT of post-2016 America in 7R’s Midgar so far.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

rko posted:

And however big that chunk of cash was, it’s nothing compared to what he would owe in taxes with a successful Sanders presidency. All he would have to do is deny Bernie a solid plurality at the convention and he could trust the Dems to do the rest. It wouldn’t even matter if he was loathed, if he’d have to spend a billion. It’d all be worth it.

The potential tax difference makes the math even easier, but it's more than that, it's about preserving a political system that Bloomberg can purchase.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Madkal posted:

OANN: Mr. glorious godking President, is it true that you have the biggest dick out of all presidents ever?

The best part is, that with his track record of bungling up these wide open goals ("I'll tell the American people you're a terrible journalist!") he'll probably just scream "THE FEMALE ORGASM IS A LIE!" in response.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Madkal posted:

Yet another we will know is factually untrue(loving LBJ) yet he will still say.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Jaxyon posted:

Yet another we will know is factually untrue(loving LBJ) yet he will still say.

I’m pretty sure no other human, let alone president, has had a dick as big as LBJ’s swinger was.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

DrNutt posted:

there's a whole lot of that. It's almost surreal.

theres a side quest where a shinra fluff journalist wants your help to uncover a literal robin hood character and you basically screw him over to protect their identity

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Dubious posted:

there's a whole lot of that. It's almost surreal.

theres a side quest where a shinra fluff journalist wants your help to uncover a literal robin hood character and you basically screw him over to protect their identity

Oh yeah it's great, I'm on ng+ right now, just hadn't heard that little bit of flavor dialogue before. Highly recommend this game for anyone trapped inside and needing a good escape. But also you get to hear Barret call out neolibs and see oppressed underclass take up AKs and start screaming for the blood of fascists. It's pretty cathartic.

Jesus Christ I just passed another guy who said "not gonna make it into work for awhile, might as well drink" :stare:

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Flip Yr Wig posted:

https://twitter.com/GovKemp/status/1252339586291949568

I'm genuinely amazed that they're leading here with the businesses that specifically involve close physical contact with the general public. One has to assume they're intentionally trying to amplify cases.

So I see Kemp is gonna let Corona go all Sherman and make Georgia howl

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

DrNutt posted:

Oh yeah it's great, I'm on ng+ right now, just hadn't heard that little bit of flavor dialogue before. Highly recommend this game for anyone trapped inside and needing a good escape. But also you get to hear Barret call out neolibs and see oppressed underclass take up AKs and start screaming for the blood of fascists. It's pretty cathartic.

Jesus Christ I just passed another guy who said "not gonna make it into work for awhile, might as well drink" :stare:

There’s a woman in Sector 7 who straight up goes “They’re going to shut the food markets down soon. Better stock up on toilet paper too.” :tinfoil:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1252392877826535426

https://twitter.com/AbbiRochaTV/status/1252374641164775426

quote:

Police have issued an arrest warrant for the controversial pastor of Life Tabernacle Church in Central, Louisiana. The warrant accuses pastor Tony Spell of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, the Central Police Department says.

Police in Central say Spell allegedly backed up a church bus into the direction of a person protesting in front of Spell’s church Sunday. Video of the alleged incident shows the bus coming to a stop just short of where the protestor was standing

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I'd say that trying to hurt another human sounds like the sort of thing Jesus might've had issues with, but lets be honest, most of these schmucks hasn't touched a Bible in decades.

rko
Jul 12, 2017
https://twitter.com/eoinhiggins_/status/1252399256381448199?s=21

I don’t think I’ll ever stop being angry about how the Democratic establishment has handled Trump. We were given a comic book villain who personified everything wrong with American society as our opponent, and it seems like the liberals are still going to find a way to lose without even a bit of dignity.

It’s extremely loving depressing, and it only gets more so when you consider how inept liberalism vs. rising fascism tends to work out in history.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

BigglesSWE posted:

Him repeating "if we didn't do anything it would've been X amounts worse" is gonna be the major selling point from the chuds once the poo poo hits the fan for real. "Well it would've been SO MUCH WORSE if Obummer was still in office!"

Him insisting of getting massive credit for doing the bare minimum and not even that is really loving grating.

That's the thing: it will be worse.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/493695-who-chief-worst-of-coronavirus-pandemic-still-ahead

quote:

The director of the World Health Organization (WHO) warned Monday that the worst of the coronavirus pandemic is still ahead.

“Trust us. The worst is yet ahead of us,” WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said during a briefing.“Let’s prevent this tragedy. It’s a virus that many people still don’t understand.”

He's not wrong. It's a century later and we're making the exact same goddamn mistakes that we made during the Spanish Flu pandemic. We're letting political considerations supercede medical advice while also assuming that the first wave will be the worst. We're loving this up bad, and I'm not even sure that Cuomo or Newsom have the guts to hang on for as long as will be necessary. We're setting ourselves up for an extremely bad summer.

Paradoxish fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Apr 21, 2020

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

rko posted:

https://twitter.com/eoinhiggins_/status/1252399256381448199?s=21

I don’t think I’ll ever stop being angry about how the Democratic establishment has handled Trump. We were given a comic book villain who personified everything wrong with American society as our opponent, and it seems like the liberals are still going to find a way to lose without even a bit of dignity.

It’s extremely loving depressing, and it only gets more so when you consider how inept liberalism vs. rising fascism tends to work out in history.

If Michigan Wisconsin is any indication Biden might win actually, but who knows. Go volunteer and help some people out if following politics makes you depressed.

E: sorry, I meant the Wisconsin primary election.

America Inc. fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Apr 21, 2020

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Paradoxish posted:

It's a century later and we're making the exact same goddamn mistakes that we made during the Spanish Flu pandemic.

Turns out the real virus is the intersection of human hubris and ignorance.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Paradoxish posted:

That's the thing: it will be worse.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/493695-who-chief-worst-of-coronavirus-pandemic-still-ahead

He's not wrong. It's a century later and we're making the exact same goddamn mistakes that we made during the Spanish Flu pandemic. We're letting political considerations supercede medical advice while also assuming that the first wave will be the worst. We're loving this up bad, and I'm not even sure that Cuomo or Newsom have the guts to hang on for as long as will be necessary. We're setting ourselves up for an extremely bad summer.

yeah. we dont have a good count on the first wave and first wave spikes are gonna start popping up hard. second wave is loving coming at some point and thats gonna probably be way more deadly.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

BigglesSWE posted:

I'd say that trying to hurt another human sounds like the sort of thing Jesus might've had issues with, but lets be honest, most of these schmucks hasn't touched a Bible in decades.

Jesus approves of whipping bankers with a scourge.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/NickMiller510/status/1252332849153273856

cunny mcalister
Mar 21, 2004
Somehow less than meets the eye.

BigglesSWE posted:

Did they have time to ask him about the oil collapse, or is that gonna be the highlights of tomorrow?

They did and he answered so well it took me off guard. I'm sure it helped that it was something in his wheelhouse and he wasn't on the losing end of it.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

What is it about California and not understanding what that song means :v:

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

nine-gear crow posted:

is his ear melting down his neck too?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Angry_Ed posted:

What is it about California conservative white dickheads and not understanding what that song means :v:

ftfy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

The joke was that Ronald Reagan appropriated it for his campaign theme (and thus started that trend). I'm well aware all conservatives are dumb idiots who keep thinking it's a positive song. The Boss should've stuck with his demo version of it for people who don't comprehend things beyond melody
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22Gh1wQEe1I

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Apr 21, 2020