Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

so which state will be the first to defy anti-immigration executive orders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

i am a temporary expat so an aussie brand

i used to make my own but my mother colony got mold last batch and i angrily threw it out

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

triple sulk posted:

so which state will be the first to defy anti-immigration executive orders

:ca:

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

not an endorsement posted:

i used to make my own but my mother colony got mold last batch and i angrily threw it out

a perfect metaphor for the US-Britain empire

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

not an endorsement posted:

i am a temporary expat so an aussie brand

ah. not familiar with that one. i really should start making my own but i'm very lazy.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

So the Strib's milquetoast politoonist, Sack, put out this:

My local paper has op-eds advocating closing the border with states that aren't doing lockdowns.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

chairface posted:

So the Strib's milquetoast politoonist, Sack, put out this:

My local paper has op-eds advocating closing the border with states that aren't doing lockdowns.

hell yeah. Build a wall and make the Hawkeyes pay for it!

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Peanut President posted:

please don't have strong opinions on coke, ty

You're driving to a cousin's house across the state. Your now former neighborhood was suddenly occupied by a KAGA militia group the a few days before. The frontlines had been in the suburbs for months, and no one you knew thought the chuds had the manpower for a new offensive. They'd managed to break into the city two days ago, and yesterday the loyal National Guard units started hitting back hard. The KAGA chuds were too busy securing their position to do their normal purges of the libs and degenerates, so you had time to pack up and get the gently caress out. You're not that close to your cousin, but she'd texted you when she saw your city had just turned into an active warzone.

You've been avoiding the main interstates, and so far all the roads Google Maps recommended have had intact bridges. You think you've finally had some good luck after some very lovely days, but then you see something ahead. It's a check point. It's too late to turn back, they've seen you. If you pull around they'd just race to catch up, and their trucks are probably in better shape than your car.

You don't know who's running it. The vehicles and buildings are unmarked. The men with guns have black facemasks but no identifying uniform.

As you pull up to the barricade a masked man with an M-16 approaches your window. You roll it down.

"Please stay in your car. Can I see your ID." You turn over your expired drivers license. It's been months since the DMV was open.

"Why are you driving this way?" he says handing back the license. He's glancing at your car's backseats, which aren't very full despite holding everything you own.

You explain you are going to stay with family after some bad luck, and didn't want to risk the interstates. He seems to accept that explanation.

You think you're about to be let through, but then your heart drops as you see the man reach into a pouch.

The next words you say will determine if you live or die.

The man is holding up a can of off-brand cola. "Just one last thing. What's this called?"

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

can

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost

Atrocious Joe posted:

You're driving to a cousin's house across the state. Your now former neighborhood was suddenly occupied by a KAGA militia group the a few days before. The frontlines had been in the suburbs for months, and no one you knew thought the chuds had the manpower for a new offensive. They'd managed to break into the city two days ago, and yesterday the loyal National Guard units started hitting back hard. The KAGA chuds were too busy securing their position to do their normal purges of the libs and degenerates, so you had time to pack up and get the gently caress out. You're not that close to your cousin, but she'd texted you when she saw your city had just turned into an active warzone.

You've been avoiding the main interstates, and so far all the roads Google Maps recommended have had intact bridges. You think you've finally had some good luck after some very lovely days, but then you see something ahead. It's a check point. It's too late to turn back, they've seen you. If you pull around they'd just race to catch up, and their trucks are probably in better shape than your car.

You don't know who's running it. The vehicles and buildings are unmarked. The men with guns have black facemasks but no identifying uniform.

As you pull up to the barricade a masked man with an M-16 approaches your window. You roll it down.

"Please stay in your car. Can I see your ID." You turn over your expired drivers license. It's been months since the DMV was open.

"Why are you driving this way?" he says handing back the license. He's glancing at your car's backseats, which aren't very full despite holding everything you own.

You explain you are going to stay with family after some bad luck, and didn't want to risk the interstates. He seems to accept that explanation.

You think you're about to be let through, but then your heart drops as you see the man reach into a pouch.

The man is holding up a can of off-brand cola. "Just one last thing. What's this called?"

drat

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/LizaYuzda/status/1252330518127017985

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

lol. it's happening

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lol

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

lol at any Canadian who thought we wouldn't balkanize them with us out of spite, just lmao

animist
Aug 28, 2018

bacteria flavor

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

:yeshaha:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Empire of Cascadia gains cores on: British Columbia (All counties), Washington (All Counties), Oregon (All Counties), California (All Counties)

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

not an endorsement has issued a correction as of 06:42 on Apr 21, 2020

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
cascadian solidarity

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

As a former waiter and Texan, it would be a completely coherent exchange to ask someone what they wanted to drink, get the response 'coke', then ask what *kind* of coke, and to end up with Sprite as the request. Nothing about that would be noteworthy. But now that I live in Massachusetts I've trained myself to refer to everything generically as 'soda' and no one seems to mind.

I have vague memories of somewhere calling everything 'cola' but I can't recall if that was California, Oklahoma or Virginia.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
This triggered a quick "Who quoted me?" and I find this upsetting

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Nix Panicus posted:

As a former waiter and Texan, it would be a completely coherent exchange to ask someone what they wanted to drink, get the response 'coke', then ask what *kind* of coke, and to end up with Sprite as the request. Nothing about that would be noteworthy. But now that I live in Massachusetts I've trained myself to refer to everything generically as 'soda' and no one seems to mind.

I have vague memories of somewhere calling everything 'cola' but I can't recall if that was California, Oklahoma or Virginia.

Oklahoma is ‘coke’ too

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

important to know as soda checkpoints sound plausible in that state

also questions about nascar numbers, or college football jersey numbers

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

there is a map that gets posted everyone goons talk about this which is approximately all the time

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Atrocious Joe posted:

lol

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
"I only drink Faygo, whoop whoop fam-i-ly"

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

this, except the entire country is authoritarian right

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

euphronius posted:

there is a map that gets posted everyone goons talk about this which is approximately all the time

that map getting posted is what STARTED this.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

chairface posted:

that map getting posted is what STARTED this.

the circle of life

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Go all the way: Longer-Chile.

animist
Aug 28, 2018
chile will not be truly complete until every ocean is completely bordered by it

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

A friend's concept of how it'll shake out. He assumes the Western Canadian coast will be part of Pacifica but didn't want to redraw the map to include it. ID and MT sections of Pacifica are resource colonies with only nominal control, same with the Dakotas for the Great Lakes. It also assumes the forcible division of MO between Greater Texas and the Great Lakes with some river as the border between the two.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

i assume the white areas indicate no recognized government

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Florida is white because it’s underwater

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

Soup du Jour posted:

Florida is white because it’s underwater

west virginia is reserved for The Arena

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Why is New Jersey part of the VA,DC,MA alliance instead of the NY?

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
The southwest mega-drought is going to make things interesting. I should really get around to read The Water Knife.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Vernii posted:

A friend's concept of how it'll shake out. He assumes the Western Canadian coast will be part of Pacifica but didn't want to redraw the map to include it. ID and MT sections of Pacifica are resource colonies with only nominal control, same with the Dakotas for the Great Lakes. It also assumes the forcible division of MO between Greater Texas and the Great Lakes with some river as the border between the two.

The real mistake here is in this world assuming these beautiful organic borders defined by natural boundaries, that there will still be those straight lines like the part of Texas that juts westward, California's southern border with Mexico, or that angular bit of Louisiana.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the underlying land control systems will still be powerful and respect a lot of those boundaries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

given the post apocalyptic levels of pollution that will exist, anything near the source of a watershed will be more attractive

Denver, grand junction, Boise, Durango, Santa Fe, etc