Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Random Stranger posted:

They already did that about a month ago paying a bit above market rate for oil.

I don't know if the strategic reserve was full after that first bailout, but if it isn't after yesterday then someone hosed up. That limits good options here other that direct bailout.

On the "positive" side of things, the oil industry actually does employ a ton of people and is central to the economies of a lot of states. So a bailout in this case actually has a chance of helping people. But bailing out some of the wealthiest companies on earth who are actively killing everyone on the planet isn't great...

Oil industry's dying Cloud.

EDIT: Urgh, what a snype. Have this eggdog as an apology.

hooman fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Apr 21, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Manifest Dynasty posted:

This isn't true. You can get an immigrant visa having never set foot in the US. When you use that visa to enter, you are a permanent resident ("green card holder") from the moment you enter the US.

It takes a least a year to get a green card while you’re here working.
I’ve got one right in front of me.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Man, it's said jokingly, but these MAGA people really are the embodiment of "doing the exact opposite of whatever a Democrat says". I think blue state governors should tell them not to drink under any circumstances and, if they do, definitely not a lot of it.

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008

i am harry posted:

Sure, but the statement I was responding to said they were "for people who are already here have been here for some time." That's simply untrue. The processing time for a case is not the same as the legal requirements to obtain a green card, and only some categories require an amount of time pass after admission before you can adjust. Refugees and asylees, of the top of my head.

The real fuckery here is that AOS applications may be freezing. That means people already physically here trying to become permanent residents. Which is transparently unrelated to his excuse.

Manifest Dynasty fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Apr 21, 2020

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

i am harry posted:

LOOK AGAIN!

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Random Stranger posted:

I don't know if the strategic reserve was full after that first bailout, but if it isn't after yesterday then someone hosed up. That limits good options here other that direct bailout.

On the "positive" side of things, the oil industry actually does employ a ton of people and is central to the economies of a lot of states. So a bailout in this case actually has a chance of helping people. But bailing out some of the wealthiest companies on earth who are actively killing everyone on the planet isn't great...

You actually think they will keep their workers and contracters after getting the bailout?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Yeah production won't be profitable for at least 12 months better keep the riggers and welders on payroll though. :rolleyes:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Ika posted:

You actually think they will keep their workers and contracters after getting the bailout?

Not a chance, I was talking in the theoretical.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

canepazzo posted:

I like their counter-take on the timeless meme:

https://twitter.com/seanmdav/status/1252391630490877952

Losing my job to own...the cons?

These idiots thinks 40 000 people died on purpose just to make Donny Shitpants look bad.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Madkal posted:

These idiots thinks 40 000 people died on purpose just to make Donny Shitpants look bad.

The whole world went into lockdown thanks to the Democrats

hexate
Sep 13, 2012

What do you mean it's not Tom Cruise?

Funny to see how much media coverage this "movement" is being offered. Much like in 2008, it's pretty clear that it's a concerted effort by the donor class to pre-emptively foment a counter-revolution.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Madkal posted:

They would die for Dear Leader if he asked them to. It’s more projection.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Update

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeMyGod/status/1252606243857813505

quote:

A megachurch pastor in Louisiana who has defied orders intended to prevent the spread of the coronavirus by holding large worship services is facing criminal charges for driving a church bus backward toward a protester outside the church, authorities said Monday.
Spell wrote in a text message that he would not surrender and that authorities would have to take him out of his church.

A bus driver as well as a pastor, Spell said he had just finished dropping off church members before his encounter with the protester.

“I approached a man who verbally assaulted my wife and little girls. He’s a crotch-grabbing, middle-finger using against my church ladies,” Spell wrote in a text message. “What would you do to a man like that?”

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

"Branch Covidian" is a great name

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

"Branch Covidian" :golfclap:

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
"Sure I tried to hit him with a bus, he flipped me off" is an interesting legal defense.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

They should just arrest him when he tries to leave his house in the morning. This dude is basically begging for the cops to break down his church doors and drag him out. It's all part of the grift.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Guze posted:

The whole world went into lockdown thanks to the Democrats

man why do they keep voting team not Illuminati if theyre so weak and pathetic and the chad Illuminati is so big and strong that it gets to run the world even when it loses?

whats the point if ClintonSoro just runs the world how ever it likes no matter what?

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

“I approached a man who verbally assaulted my wife and little girls. He’s a crotch-grabbing, middle-finger using against my church ladies,” Spell wrote in a text message. “What would you do to a man like that?”

Turn the other cheek? :shrug:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
but moses said an eye for an eye.

*gets RPG ready for a non white just walking on the sidewalk*

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Slowpoke! posted:

They should just arrest him when he tries to leave his house in the morning. This dude is basically begging for the cops to break down his church doors and drag him out. It's all part of the grift.

I used to live in Central. It's the most white-flight area around Baton Rouge. Saw tons of Tea Party bumper stickers back when I lived there. There's a nonzero chance that members of the police attend that church. It's also an evangelical hotspot in a geographic area that's otherwise mostly Catholic.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

canepazzo posted:

I like their counter-take on the timeless meme:

https://twitter.com/seanmdav/status/1252391630490877952

Losing my job to own...the cons?

I wonder what pays more, being a trump grifter or an ad for Raid: Shadow Legends

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Charliegrs posted:

I wish I was able to make political comic strips but I suck at art. But man would love to make one of a boomer wearing a maga dying on a ventilator. His last words before succumbing to the corona: "At least I got to own the libs....."

Make sure you put a Ford or Chevy logo on the ventilator. Maybe put a protest sign, fishing rod, or golf clubs in the corner

V And a TV in the room with Trump ranting about fake death counts

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Apr 21, 2020

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

SocketWrench posted:

Make sure you put a Ford or Chevy logo on the ventilator. Maybe put a protest sign, fishing rod, or golf clubs in the corner

Something has to have a big “DEBT” label as well.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Calvin pissing on coronavirus? *scribbles it out* DEMOCRATS there we go

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

I wonder when Bruce gets his royalty checks every month does he laugh about all the morons who still don't get the song 40 years later, or does it piss him off or what.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Failed Imagineer posted:

I wonder when Bruce gets his royalty checks every month does he laugh about all the morons who still don't get the song 40 years later, or does it piss him off or what.

Both

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

canepazzo posted:

"Branch Covidian" :golfclap:

I literally just watched the Waco documentary on Netflix yesterday and am happy I now understand this.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Yeah probably

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Failed Imagineer posted:

Credence Clearwater Revival has him beat in that department.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Random Stranger posted:

energy companies were going bankrupt left and right before oil prices turned negative

this is great for exxon, chevron, etc - but most american drilling (oil and gas) is done by smaller companies that are basically all preparing bankruptcy filings if they didn't already file

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/Newsweek/status/1252556817772744704

We need an opposite of :fireman:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

That's one gently caress of a quote

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

This is the guy who a few weeks ago said older people should be willing to die for the economy.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

because i was curious: he's not up for re-election this year. next texas governor election is 2022, so we will not get to see the ads based on these for some time

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

evilweasel posted:

because i was curious: he's not up for re-election this year. next texas governor election is 2022, so we will not get to see the ads based on these for some time

Same for Desantis.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

holeeeeeeeeey poo poo. look at those numbers! 6 to 1???! and this was a group that thought that trump was, until recently, doing a great job. now they disapprove of him almost as much as millenials! :monocle:

better late than never, i guess. seems it finally occurred to them that they're the prime demographic for the rona.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

The most important thing in life is making number up, may we all have the chance to sacrifice our lives for the glory of stock dividends.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Mr Interweb posted:

holeeeeeeeeey poo poo. look at those numbers! 6 to 1???! and this was a group that thought that trump was, until recently, doing a great job. now they disapprove of him almost as much as millenials! :monocle:

better late than never, i guess. seems it finally occurred to them that they're the prime demographic for the rona.

Turns out Seniors don’t like literal Death Panels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I have not seen any polls on DeSantis lately but before all of this happened he was doing pretty well