Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

NofrikinfuN posted:

I work with a guy that had one of these. The surgery looks like someone attacked him above the asscrack with a melon baller. He had to wear a pump for like a month to help it heal.

tell me about this pump. what was it pumping. where was it pumping from. where was it pumping to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

lmao

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1252640875282391040

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

The Jack Chop Guy posted:

do they think getting tested makes you instantly immune

they hear "we can hardly do anything until we start actually testing people" and comprehend "once we test everybody everything can go back to normal!"

they are going to think that for every thing the news tells them that scientists are trying, of course

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Lol at anyone who was saying *well actually Trump doesn't have the power to lift restrictions!*

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

lmao

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

brugroffil posted:

Lol at anyone who was saying *well actually Trump doesn't have the power to lift restrictions!*

Excuse me mr. trump SIR when you publicly declared Chinese people illegal I believe you were unaware of this paragraph of the emoluments clause sir !!

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

not nice

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

split me open mr trump

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

I'm ready for 2020 to have the lowest death toll of any year this decade gently caress it let er rip let's get started in style

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

thanks for nothing, joe pizza

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

plague plague plague Plague PLAGUE PLAGUE

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Bulgakov posted:

lmao :trumppop:

whoopsie doodle at the roads u find yourself having taken

Figure 4: How to stuff your farts back into your rear end in a top hat

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Bip Roberts posted:

split me open mr trump

oh so THIS is how gun nuts feel when they go over the edge

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

anyone surprised by this needs to dramatically rethink who they trust

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Scarodactyl posted:

I bought canned brown bread. Hope it doesn't suck.
Update: it is quite decent. You'd have trouble make a sandwich from it but it's a tastyish dene brown bread. I am assured this is a comfort food in New England. 3 year shelf life too.

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.
Dang. The New York Times thinks it's just the flu bro.

quote:

Antibody studies in other countries have produced similar numbers, noted Dr. John Ioannidis, a professor of medicine at Stanford University and an author of the paper on Santa Clara County.

If the numbers prove accurate, he added, the coronavirus may be much less deadly than originally expected, with a fatality rate more closely resembling that of a bad flu strain than a pandemic of profound lethality.

Neither report has been peer-reviewed or published in a scientific journal, and both pieces of research have met with criticism. Both relied on volunteers, which may have skewed the results, and the investigators say they are now probing their data to see how significant this bias may have been.

They maintain, though, that so-called participation bias would not alter the data enough to negate the overall conclusions.

Many widely available antibody tests have been found to be inaccurate. The investigators say they validated the accuracy of the tests they used beforehand, and argue that the tests could not be so much in error as to invalidate the conclusions.

I mean, they also say the antibody studies are probably trash, so yaknow. Fair and balanced, New York Times. Crazy that a flu killed like 40,000 people in two months. Wild rear end flu.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
can't believe nobody posted this classic

mystes
May 31, 2006

I think you mean it increases your chance of dying WITH coronavirus.

Also since this is from a study in veterans hospitals, cue Trump trying to shut down the VA immediately.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

slopJoe 2020330 posted:

tell me about this pump. what was it pumping. where was it pumping from. where was it pumping to.

basically since the wound was a big gaping hole, it had to be packed with a bunch of medicated gauze and i think the pump was like a way to keep it drained regularly? i cant recall if he had to wear something like a colostomy bag to store that fluid in or what, he was off work the whole time

things like cysts are tricky because when they are gone, the body tends to fill the void with whatever the gently caress. i had surgery on my right cheek for a lymphangioma and for about a month i had to go back to the childrens hospital every week so they could drain it with a needle. i have a pretty nasty scar because by the time i went back in it was always swollen from all the fluid collecting. the pump avoids this.

my coworkers rear end probably healed better than my face :smith:

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

I'm ready for 2020 to have the lowest death toll of any year this decade gently caress it let er rip let's get started in style

1) Coronavirus is FAKE NEWS
2) Remove FAKE NEWS numbers from death count
3) Actually people have been coming back to life in 2020

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Goa Tse-tung posted:

can't believe nobody posted this classic

Dave Mustaine scratches his rear end, so what?

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

lawyers itt what is the goon rate on getting a last will and testament drafted?

mystes
May 31, 2006

Holy poo poo the difference in death rate in the study

quote:

About 28% who were given hydroxychloroquine plus usual care died, versus 11% of those getting routine care alone.
Lol at the people who have been posting things here like "Hydroxychloroquine is perfectly safe. Stop calling it aquarium cleaner! :smug:" in the last week.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
"WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO LOSE?"

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Michigan chuds, both obsess over their civil war victories over the Confederacy and fly Confederate flag

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
when was the last time we had 9/11s amount of people dying every day (in the USA)

oh

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/IAPublicHealth/status/1252632934131077121?s=19

We are doing great in iowa. Nobody worry about food chains!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

TMMadman posted:

hahahahaha

60% of working age people could be tested in the next 9 days?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

the govern of Maryland has to smuggle tests in lamo

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

Hmm

*Fires up state and county health roadmaps for TN*

23% of adults in TN smoke
33% of adults in TN are obese
20% are in poor or fair health in TN

All of these are worse than the national average. Pretty decent chance the person who made the poster is "one of the weak"

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

congrats on 2.5m confirmed cases worldwide

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds

kaleedity posted:

congrats on 2.5m confirmed cases worldwide

Here's to another 2.5 baby

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

well they are protesting so minorities will get back to work so

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

NofrikinfuN posted:

basically since the wound was a big gaping hole, it had to be packed with a bunch of medicated gauze and i think the pump was like a way to keep it drained regularly? i cant recall if he had to wear something like a colostomy bag to store that fluid in or what, he was off work the whole time

things like cysts are tricky because when they are gone, the body tends to fill the void with whatever the gently caress. i had surgery on my right cheek for a lymphangioma and for about a month i had to go back to the childrens hospital every week so they could drain it with a needle. i have a pretty nasty scar because by the time i went back in it was always swollen from all the fluid collecting. the pump avoids this.

my coworkers rear end probably healed better than my face :smith:

would it help if you replaced part of your face with a sick mask like the dude in the genghis khan video

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

this but unironically

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

https://twitter.com/schwarz/status/1252636598291832832

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

https://twitter.com/JoshuaPotash/status/1252647741139845121?s=20