Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

poz my neg receptors corona

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ827lkktYs

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/COVID19Tracking/status/1252709110522318848

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

Honj Steak posted:

Are there any studies that try to estimate a nationwide infection spread in the US? 0.5% is still pretty bad and puts it right in that uncanny valley area where stopping the lockdown would kill hundreds of thousands, but it's not deadly enough to be easily visible.

30% was the number getting thrown around pre-lockdown, that still feels about right given the money being spent on getting boomers to protest for their own imminent demise

though tbf that was older data, and it's becoming increasingly likely that the roni is far more widespread than testing accounts for so maybe more like 45-50% is a safer number

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Hamelekim posted:

Some expert was saying that the models predict about 10% infection rate so far in the US. So that's still 90% of the population to be infected in subsequent waves as restrictions are lifted. Anyone stupid enough to believe conservative media or politicians deserves what they get. I just hope that they don't bring many others down with them.

It is not physically possible for a disease to infect 100% of a population. Like, I'm not saying social distance/quarantine should end, but there isn't a single scientist saying we need 100% infection rates for this thing to end. Even measles with an r0 of like 15 will peter out before 100% infection.

slippery doc
Jan 17, 2006

kill the boy,
save the man

Tuesday again? Good thing peaks don't actually exist

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/theintercept/status/1252698904866455553

they are literally trying to diagnose prisoners using data analysis from call recordings

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

sincx posted:

don't think him jizzing on his vegetables will do much

worked for horus

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

McDonalds' in Kona are currently the leading disease vector in Hawaii

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Schumer should be dragged out into the street and buried in unsuccessful loan applications

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

sincx posted:

don't think him jizzing on his vegetables will do much

never know until you try

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

dex_sda posted:

retest, and use a different test type for good measure. that's how hiv testing works (or at least did like a decade ago, maybe it changed since) - a hiv test is actually two tests at once, which combine to a 1/5000 false positive rate, and if you get a positive you redo the test again for a much lower chance

Part of the reason that became standard prior to being able to test for HIV-specific things is because the original antibody test returned false positives for a number of things (I recall false positives being common in women who'd given birth several times, for instance). A lot of the early claims of cures related to patients who turned out to have been diagnosed on the basis of a false positive.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/CBPMidAtlantic/status/1252711437857894401?s=20

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mayor Dave posted:

it's been a week where the gently caress are my TRUMPBUX

I WANT TO BUY GARDNENING SUPPLIES AND GET MY OWN CLIPPERS TO CUT MY HAIR AND GROW MY OWN FOOD

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide

is this intimidation?

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

v. happy maryland's strong ties to tha rok are bringing more than bibimbap to the table

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

ShutteredIn posted:

Gotta admit i DID NOT see this twist coming

That's a real needle-ripping off the record moment at the end there

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

we did it everyone we beat hte virus time to open up economie

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Almost halfway to 100k! Can't wait to see what the new goalpost is

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010

703 posted:

is this intimidation?

it's an admission of defeat, that Hogan spamming every single form of media with the arrival of that number of tests made it impossible for homeland security to steal them

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Cabbages and Kings posted:

I think each bloc needs to decide on a common type of munitions and regionally appropriate culturally relevant attire.

I'm so stoked to be joining the RAC

why the gently caress were ND/SD/IA/MO offered membership. none of these states are doing poo poo about corona. jesus christ

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
lol remember 6 weeks ago when Trump asked for like $2B in coronarelief and then made fun of democrats for giving him $8.5B instead? lol they are about to give out another $500B and it isn't going to be anywhere near enough.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

SKULL.GIF posted:

why the gently caress were ND/SD/IA/MO offered membership. none of these states are doing poo poo about corona. jesus christ

Because if you are next to those states you don't want to have to build a wall

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/ConanOBrien/status/1252694348594110465

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

Spoondick posted:

should go well with oats then

i googled this and now i'm staring mournfully at my enormous quaker instant oatmeal quarantine stash

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Cabbages and Kings posted:

I think each bloc needs to decide on a common type of munitions and regionally appropriate culturally relevant attire.

I'm so stoked to be joining the RAC

tennessee to comprise of lawless countryside with narrow highway-centric corridors of order between the city-states

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

Michigan deaths IHME tracking update: we did it, yall

Today we broke out of the backside confidence bounds for (I think) the first time. Granted, the latest model update (Apr 17) shifted today's upper bound to be 418 deaths, but we also had double the expected number (232 vs 108.42).

Maybe these are all carryovers from the weekend and maybe not. lmao forever if the Tuesday, April 28th numbers exceed the April 17 high bound.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/bylenasun/status/1252693423628398596

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://www.wabe.org/many-atlanta-restaurants-say-they-wont-completely-reopen-yet-an-incomplete-list/

partial list of restaurants in ATL that will not fully reopen, just so you know where to actually order from if you're brave enough to order pickup/delivery

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
lol we're gonna bail out everyone but can't afford M4A

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

is this like when there's two storm systems and they collide and make a super storm? SUPER FLU

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

just the flus bro

all of them

at once

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Durf posted:

just the flus bro

all of them

at once

it's just the flu, bro, the flu and it's cousins, all comin over and runnin around in your lungs.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Durf posted:

just the flus bro

all of them

at once

virusmasteranthony

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Spime Wrangler posted:

Michigan deaths IHME tracking update: we did it, yall

Today we broke out of the backside confidence bounds for (I think) the first time. Granted, the latest model update (Apr 17) shifted today's upper bound to be 418 deaths, but we also had double the expected number (232 vs 108.42).

Maybe these are all carryovers from the weekend and maybe not. lmao forever if the Tuesday, April 28th numbers exceed the April 17 high bound.

The IHME guy shouldn't ever be allowed near a graph again

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Siljmonster posted:

virusmasteranthony

lol

BRING IT IN BOYS *chokes to death on lung effluvia*

Durf has issued a correction as of 23:12 on Apr 21, 2020

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

ok, so, release a new trumpian calendar where everyday is a monday AND GET THIS NATION BACK TO WORK? Don't like it? what are you, garfield?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
yeah covid still happening and influenza clogging urgent cares and ERs and then exposing those people to covid

:chloe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

Covid and his Flu Bros, just coming over to run a train on your weak rear end lungs