Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

kater posted:

personally i hope the cure is drinking

I was a raging drunk for a long time then one day I was like, I don't want to do this anymore and just stopped now I can't drink without getting seriously sick. I don't know how I broke drinking for myself but it sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
you fools have been using hi-potions, while i have been drinking antidotes. i am now immune to the rona.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/iamTannenbaum/status/1252801773703770113

it's beautiful, I love seacows

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

only 26k new cases and 3k new deaths, time to open er up

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
gently caress you scientists, I'll drink and smoke if I want to, you know what else suppresses the immune system?

Constant terror!

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

facetoucher cat posted:

it's beautiful, I love seacows

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

anime was right posted:

you fools have been using hi-potions, while i have been drinking antidotes. i am now immune to the rona.

yeah but I took an electro elixir that will come in handy this tornado season

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

I've eaten so many beans.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

It's always been depressing, now the rich are saying the quiet part loud and are more than willing to sacrifice the people they've been extorting via paycheck so they can keep their own funds up.

This is going to get violent real quick, especially when the second wave hits. I don't care if America has various means to stifle dissent and rebellion. That just means the eventual counter to it will be even more violent and result in more deaths.

Happy times all around, it seems.

I tried telling this to my friends and when they asked me who said it I went “Mad Doctor Cthulhu” and they just stopped responding

so it seems you’re right

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

Stereotype posted:

In Hawaii everyone is still crazy on edge and no one wants to leave their house and we have had zero new cases two days in a row. What is wrong with these states where they are like "welp we had another 2000 people infected just today and it is still increasing every single day, but people really want to go out so we are going to force them to do that." How are they so disconnected from reality?

nobody who's calling for a reopening cares about the numbers. half of them think it's a hoax and the rest are literally calling for the country to be culled to protect their freedoms and way of life.

however up here our county in michigan hasn't had a new case in like three weeks (still at 2 confirmed, all neighboring counties at two or fewer) and people are continuing to improve their distancing behavior. I really hope whitmer has developed a deep hatred for these protestors and keeps our poo poo shut down out of spite if nothing else. it would be nice to make it through this as an island of health, but once people start openly defying the no-travel orders we're hosed.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

majestic and delicious, just like the dodos

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

it would be really nice if there were widespread N95 availability by the time the second wave hit

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Stereotype posted:

This is all just so depressing now

https://twitter.com/screaminbutcalm/status/1105577845642878976

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

lol no one is gonna follow these rules. People arent bothering even at essential jobs where they can easily go about their day and meet social distancing and hygiene standards like government office jobs.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Spime Wrangler posted:

it would be really nice if there were widespread N95 availability by the time the second wave hit

Sorry, major shortage after wildfire season.

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

https://twitter.com/GenePark/status/1252801504299438080

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

is life even worth living if you will never own as hard as dancing pallbearers

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Spime Wrangler posted:

where are we gonna get that many masks before june?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

BeefThief posted:

where are we gonna get that many masks before june?
from china, who manufactures them

oops we're bipartisanly declaring war on china

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

whoopsy!

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

gonna be some sad poo poo when when o f these dudes gets the rona

dont eevn want to think about it

kater
Nov 16, 2010

would be pretty epic to dance at ur own funeral

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

coke posted:

im trying to recommend people to get a car battery maintainer like a cheap ctek charger that will keep the car battery good forever if you even if you dont drive it for a long time

or else since the lead acid battery self discharges over time, especially during summer or hot days, you might get stranded if you ever need it in an emergency after this lock down

also turning the car on and just idling wont actually raise the alternator voltage high enough to charge, you actually need to actively having some load on the engine in order to charge the battery, and the alternator can barely maintain the charge on the battery means getting a charger should keep the battery going for a long while

is driving once a week enough?

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
https://twitter.com/DavidAFrench/status/1252800729636634625

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
when people start going to nail salons, and uh, the freaking dentist where basically the hygienist creates aerosols of coronavirus everywhere that they can't possibly disinfect, and the number goes up, you'll start seeing people still not freak out

when people start needing the corpse wagon coming to their homes to pick up good ol' grampa and the number goes up, you'll start seeing people still not freak out

when people notice that hey, I'm not able to buy XYZ, or their salon doesn't have the brand of items they want because their delivery driver is loving dead, and the number goes up, you'll start seeing people still not freak out

when people notice, hey why is baseball not really opening up? people will start to freak out

when school starts and people start getting really sick and the staff starts dying they'll just hire more, people will take kids out of school and home schooling will become more prevalent

when football doesn't open up in the fall, people will flip poo poo, they're not going to put their prized players on the field or allow them to get autographs from a bunch of germ factories

when halloween comes around and cities ban going around to houses you'll hear people flip poo poo

when thanksgiving comes around and families are dying, fewer are going out, you'll not be able to find food and people will start freaking out

when christmas shopping is not really happening because people don't have money and half of the family is dead or dying, people will be upset because they can't CONSUME

or they're just going to start shooting each other as soon as the first person gets kicked out of an applebee's after some chud state lifts the ban too early and there's a misunderstand about masks and when the cops don't really stop the first person it's a free for all and everyone will do it from then on out

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

I got mine from china, they're really nice quality imo but I don't know poo poo about masks. I've also got some home made ones but I really like the disposable surgical

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Tom Brady caught cruising during a pandemic. smdh

gregday
May 23, 2003

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/TheBoredShow/status/1252362595119460352

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Ringo Roadagain posted:

lol no one is gonna follow these rules. People arent bothering even at essential jobs where they can easily go about their day and meet social distancing and hygiene standards like government office jobs.

https://civileats.com/2020/04/14/critical-food-and-farm-rules-have-been-rolled-back-amid-pandemic/

it's not like they're even inspecting our food lmao

quote:

In mid-March, the FDA announced that it would temporarily suspend routine domestic facility inspections, including at food processing facilities, dairy farms, and animal feed processors. This followed the agency’s announcement earlier that month that it would postpone most foreign facility inspections. The agency, which regulates about 75 percent of the U.S. food supply, said it would continue to conduct “for cause” inspections due to suspected outbreaks.

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

dew worm posted:

is driving once a week enough?

once a month is enough. every two months is enough.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

holy... this is a thing of beauty

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

facetoucher cat posted:

I was a raging drunk for a long time then one day I was like, I don't want to do this anymore and just stopped now I can't drink without getting seriously sick. I don't know how I broke drinking for myself but it sucks

could be liver damage honestly

i ran into the same thing with soft drinks, now if i drink pepsi or white grape juice i feel like im being squeezed to death

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

georgia?

https://twitter.com/RFERL/status/1251895261611413508

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

ok so where can I find a crt? computer museum?

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

nice

extremely nice

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

that owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

if I didn't know the social distancing and facemasks were because of coronavirus I would have just assumed this was a regular Orthodox Mass