Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019

Epic High Five posted:

Trump: I'M STOPPING ALL IMMGRATION! CHINA VIRUS! MIGRANT CARAVANS COMING IN TO BRING DISEASE AT WHIM OF CHINA!!!!

Libs: *trying to force circular block through square hole* hurr durr I'm stupid as gently caress, everything I believe in is stupid poo poo and I've done nothing but lose for decades, but gurrrrrrr I'm an expert harhar, VOTE FOR OUR INSANE lovely PERSON NOT THE OTHER ONE, BECAUSE I SAID SO NOT BECAUSE HE PROMISES A BETTER WORLD IS NOT POSSIBLE

Fixed.

EDIT: Maybe I'm the dumb one. I'll bear this shame instead of editing it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Joey Steel posted:

Fixed.

EDIT: Maybe I'm the dumb one. I'll bear this shame instead of editing it out.

we're all the dumb ones here, dumbass

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

ghouls walk among us and this is what they look like

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
It's astonishing that they're no longer even hiding what they are, yet so many people don't seem to care nor is the media holding them to account.

Or, at the very least, putting garlic in their mouths and a stake through their hearts.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

BattleMaster posted:

ghouls walk among us and this is what they look like

wish this tweet had been posted a week or two ago so i could joke about it without getting banned :sigh:

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Epic High Five posted:

they'll show up to the polls to vote for their Strong Daddy even if it means they loving die horribly from a fake news chinese virus, just like they've done so far

in like every state the uncontested Republican primary has received more Trump votes than the leading Dem specifically because they all love Trump so much, the notion that he's unpopular is bitchmade poo poo for idiot losers, he's literally the most popular President among his base in like 100 years, dumb rear end libs have no loving clue since they're like mental babies who are unable to process anything in terms of the real world

who cares, corona could easily kill/scare off the old ppl vote in florida by more than the margins of recent close elections

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

who cares, corona could easily kill/scare off the old ppl vote in florida by more than the margins of recent close elections

whatever effects we can expect from covid in november we're also seeing right now, with a CFR of ~1% it means that there will be hordes of lunatic Nugle fanatics voting in spite of everyuthing else, and those peooeoeol will go to Trump overwheliming.ly, HQIL SATAN

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 minutes!

pseudanonymous posted:

They might strategically prefer to lose an election than see a permanent entrenchment of mail-in voting. If 100% of the country had mail-in voting republicans would probably never get a majority again without a major party realignment

well that's why IF such a thing were to ever happen (which it won't), it will be a temporary, one time, hopefully-never-to-be-attempted thing

Megillah Gorilla posted:

It's astonishing that they're no longer even hiding what they are, yet so many people don't seem to care nor is the media holding them to account.

Or, at the very least, putting garlic in their mouths and a stake through their hearts.

i mean, if you think about it, why would they try to hide it at this point? any facade of humanity the republican party had was torched the moment they accepted trump at the nominee. almost anybody horrified by what that texas governor is saying is more than likely already not a republican. so i'm sure they figure, "why the gently caress not?".

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

ShadowHawk posted:

I have a feeling that Republican efforts to prevent expansion of mail-in-voting will severely backfire.

Normally the logic is that suppressing mail-in ballots means only more dedicated people go to vote, and they bias Republican. Seniors are among that group.

But this next election we might be in another pandemic wave in November - seniors will be way less likely to go vote unless they can mail it in.

i think i read somewhere that a study done where they found out mail-in ballots are neutral in terms of advantaging democrats/republicans. so the gop is fighting mail-in for no other reason than they think it will cost them the election, but who cares if people die from it, as long as they weren't gop.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Apparently Missouri is now planning to sue China. "The Chinese government lied to the world and silenced whistleblowers," the lawsuit says.

Silencing whistleblowers, eh? :thunk:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
australia has mail in ballots because voting is mandatory does it not

and that place is a conservative shitheap

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Excuse me, it's a racist conservative shitheap :eng101:

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Good christ, imagine if the guy from The West Wing ran.

Martin Sheen also did the official "play if the world ends" video.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Sheen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC_gXD5OE88

Maybe his son, Charlie "Tigerblood" Sheen can be vice president!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUQP-RRinl0

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Minrad posted:

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Excuse me, it's a racist conservative shitheap :eng101:

any democracy murdoch touches turns into a land of incestuous paedophiles ruling the country

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Minrad posted:

yeah australia has poo poo like mandatory voting, vote by mail, ranked choice voting. and yet it still elects horrible shitheads. people who are hung up on the specific electoral mechanics are missing the forest for the trees

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Stoatbringer posted:

Apparently Missouri is now planning to sue China. "The Chinese government lied to the world and silenced whistleblowers," the lawsuit says.

Silencing whistleblowers, eh? :thunk:

Are they the only state doing this?

You know what they say: “Missouri loves company”.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

My mom has a Trump supporting friend who's 82 and thinks the virus is no big deal and isn't afraid of getting it. These dumbasses are going to go out and vote for him.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
With any luck, the side effect of in person voting is a tremendous amount of dead chud boomers

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Shipon posted:

yeah australia has poo poo like mandatory voting, vote by mail, ranked choice voting. and yet it still elects horrible shitheads. people who are hung up on the specific electoral mechanics are missing the forest for the trees

Seems like it says more about Australia than the methodology

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Australia is an island surrounded by murderous fish, populated by murderous spiders and birds and with vast swathes of the land uninhabitable. We Brits then decided to put other Brits on the island and see what happened. Consider it a lesson well learned.

Sucks for the like 15% of Australians who aren't just an arse coated in swastikas.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Murdoch just literally owns Australia lock stock and barrel

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Epic High Five posted:

Trump: I'M STOPPING ALL IMMGRATION! CHINA VIRUS! MIGRANT CARAVANS COMING IN TO BRING DISEASE AT WHIM OF CHINA!!!!

Libs: *trying to force circular block through square hole* hurr durr I'm stupid as gently caress, everything I believe in is stupid poo poo and I've done nothing but lose for decades, but gurrrrrrr I'm an expert harhar, VOTE FOR OUR INSANE lovely PERSON NOT THE OTHER ONE, BECAUSE I SAID SO NOT BECAUSE HE PROMISES A BETTER WORLD

Hey man sometimes they realize that if you angle it just right you can get like maybe a corner of that peg through that hole (and then someone just takes it back out again).

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Groovelord Neato posted:

My mom has a Trump supporting friend who's 82 and thinks the virus is no big deal and isn't afraid of getting it. These dumbasses are going to go out and vote for him.

The friend probably won’t unless Trump does that version of voter fraud that uses the names of dead people.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Shipon posted:

That includes activating new voters. The 40% of eligible voters that dont vote in presidential years aren't wise gurus waiting for someone with Correct Politics to come along. They have all the problems of the other 60%, and are likely even less informed on average.

Lots of new voters were activated for the Dem primary, and they voted Joe Biden.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

One More Fat Nerd posted:

That includes activating new voters. The 40% of eligible voters that dont vote in presidential years aren't wise gurus waiting for someone with Correct Politics to come along. They have all the problems of the other 60%, and are likely even less informed on average.

Lots of new voters were activated for the Dem primary, and they voted Joe Biden.

There were a lot of stories of 'I spent months convincing my family member to vote for Bernie, and then at the last minute they cracked and voted Biden'.

A lot of it really comes down to the news media being absurdly biased and not presenting Bernie as a legitimate option unless forced to.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Huh? What in the world are you basing this on?

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

ElGroucho posted:

With any luck, the side effect of in person voting is a tremendous amount of dead chud boomers

yeah, but they'll already have voted

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

ElGroucho posted:

Seems like it says more about Australia than the methodology

considering how deeply diseased this country's people have been since the founding of this country, i'm not sure we'd fare any better even if we had 95% eligible voter participation

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There were a lot of stories of 'I spent months convincing my family member to vote for Bernie, and then at the last minute they cracked and voted Biden'.

A lot of it really comes down to the news media being absurdly biased and not presenting Bernie as a legitimate option unless forced to.

There were stories of older people actively campaigning for Sanders and then voting for Biden when they got in the booth.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Platystemon posted:

Are they the only state doing this?

You know what they say: “Missouri loves company”.

:catstare:

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Groovelord Neato posted:

There were stories of older people actively campaigning for Sanders and then voting for Biden when they got in the booth.

Oh we're doing "people are saying" now?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

the electability scam was the most damaging imho

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

pseudanonymous posted:

Many people are saying!

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

pseudanonymous posted:

Y'know, I'd been reading/repeating this sort of thing too, based entirely on some Super Tuesday Sanders staffer tweets, so i looked at exit polls where they asked if someone was a new primary voter for a few states:

SC: Biden +7
Texas: Sanders +13
Virginia: Biden +10
California: Sanders +19

I couldn't find it for most states, maybe some other goon has more patience.

Seems the effectiveness of activating new voters was inconsistent, and if I had to guess, related to the size of the hispanic community in the state.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1253034005462646784

maybe i'm dumb but maybe the mayor of a city should be responsible for the health and safety of its citizens...

can't wait for all the old chuds protesting 85+ degree weather demanding they be allowed to play their favorite slot machines.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Shipon posted:

Has Australia managed to politicize believing the virus is real?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Y'know, I'd been reading/repeating this sort of thing too, based entirely on some Super Tuesday Sanders staffer tweets, so i looked at exit polls where they asked if someone was a new primary voter for a few states:

SC: Biden +7
Texas: Sanders +13
Virginia: Biden +10
California: Sanders +19

I couldn't find it for most states, maybe some other goon has more patience.

Seems the effectiveness of activating new voters was inconsistent, and if I had to guess, related to the size of the hispanic community in the state.

the ratfuck did a hell of a job in getting people committed to turn out for Bernie to change their mind, I have no idea how we break these people of following Maddow's lead. Something like 70% of Dems have an absolute and bedrock faith in legacy and cable media, it's horrifying that they'll vote for somebody they don't like in the least just because the smiling people on TV say that dude's more electable, and never even stop to think about how being declared "electable" by MSNBC and CNN is historically a kiss of death

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Strong Sauce posted:

https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1253034005462646784

maybe i'm dumb but maybe the mayor of a city should be responsible for the health and safety of its citizens...

can't wait for all the old chuds protesting 85+ degree weather demanding they be allowed to play their favorite slot machines.

they have made it pretty clear over the past decade+ they dont think the government should care about or be involved in its citizens health

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1253041723510587394
i guess i shouldn't be surprised, but that LV mayor is amazing, not a trace of a soul to be found

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Shipon posted:

Arizona has permanent early vote by mail available to everyone, and still manages every day to earn the title of The Florida of the West