Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Rapner posted:

I've been playing the poo poo out of Random Dice lately.

It's a PVP or Co-op tower defence, using a range of different 'dice' towers that level up as you merge them. You have a team of 5 dice and the strategy around it is really satisfying.

It's very addicting and not ad-riddled.

This is really fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Tombstone Monarch posted:

I've been playing it for a while. It's definitely Heroes 3 all over again, in a good way.

Any goon guilds in existence? I don't to play with the anonymous weirdos so I made my own guild and am the only member atm, ha

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

This HOMM game seems pretty cool but man it bums me out to see a beloved franchise of mine turned into a F2P rear end F2P game like this. The art style in particular just feels like every one of those games you see ads for that's just like "Tap to Level Up M'Lord!"

That said, I'll get in on a goon guild if one exists :shobon:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
If there are no active goon guilds, I started one on NA-23 server called "Hates The Game". (I enjoy playing but also hate the art style). The guild is up to level 3 at the moment.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Dash Rendar posted:

If there are no active goon guilds, I started one on NA-23 server called "Hates The Game". (I enjoy playing but also hate the art style). The guild is up to level 3 at the moment.

I had to start over to switch but I wasn't too far in. I'll join as soon as I'm able to!

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Hungry Cat continues to crack me up. There was a streak where they kept promising it wasn't going to be a bird then it was a bird. There's a bunch of trademark violations, but they're all for stuff that the devs clearly like so its hard to fault then too much. And this week's puzzle is a nod to Final Fantasy 7, but for whatever reason they deep cut and feature Red XIII. This game is something else.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Arms_Akimbo posted:

Hungry Cat continues to crack me up. There was a streak where they kept promising it wasn't going to be a bird then it was a bird. There's a bunch of trademark violations, but they're all for stuff that the devs clearly like so its hard to fault then too much. And this week's puzzle is a nod to Final Fantasy 7, but for whatever reason they deep cut and feature Red XIII. This game is something else.

Last week's was a nod to the same game. I wonder when they're going to come out with a new fresco. It's been since December!

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

There is a new-ish fresco that came out this year. I'd still like more of them regularly, though.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Really? The Christmas presents one is the last one I have. Strange. Maybe I'll contact the developers.

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

Yup, there's a new one since December, and another one came out today! Have you tried updating via Google Play?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Last update I see is from February 21st, nothing pending.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Monster Super League started up another festival with "increased 5* rates." The actual rates are not specified, but I am assuming that this is a bump up from 0.1% to 0.2% or 0.3%.

(Did six 10+1 pulls, got one 5*. Fortunate to get that.)

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Anybody got some thoughts on the final fantasy android ports? I wouldn't mind getting seven or nine but they're not exactly cheap and I've seen some reviews saying they don't work too good.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
The prices they're charging for yhe ff games is fuuuuuuucking ridiculous lmao dont pay for them sir

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Never buy a square game on android that isn't on sale.

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
Chrono Trigger is $10, what RPG on Android is better than Chrono Trigger that costs less, with no ads or IAP?

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

Honky Dong Country posted:

Anybody got some thoughts on the final fantasy android ports? I wouldn't mind getting seven or nine but they're not exactly cheap and I've seen some reviews saying they don't work too good.

Depending on your phone, IX may not work. There's that scene near the beginning where you're fighting in front of a crowd, and text boxes will overlap. This causes the game to hard crash on about half of Android phones (mostly older ones.) The bug has been there for over a year and SE has done nothing about it

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

I ended up emulating them as it was easier.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I've done FFV Fiesta on FFV Mobile. I don't really have any nostalgia for the original graphics though so I didn't mind the new ones. I also got it on sale, mind.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

The prices they're charging for yhe ff games is fuuuuuuucking ridiculous lmao dont pay for them sir

this.
also their sales are insulting.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

The weird mix of auto and manual saving in the android port of FFT resulted in me losing progress three times in the one week I played. Stay away from any phone ports SE makes.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Man the PVP in Rockman X Dive is completely broken.

How is that even hitting me?

Funktor
May 17, 2009

Burnin' down the disco floor...
Fear the wrath of the mighty FUNKTOR!
Are there any good old-school-style rail shooters on Android or iOS?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Mulderman posted:

Man the PVP in Rockman X Dive is completely broken.

How is that even hitting me?

Is the game decent apart from that? I've always been a Mega Man fan but I'm not interested in PVP at all.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
Any good free games I missed in the last couple years? I played a bit of retro bowl and dungeon crusher based on this threads recs but I'm hoping there are some must haves I missed

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

New Leaf posted:

Is the game decent apart from that? I've always been a Mega Man fan but I'm not interested in PVP at all.

It suffers from clunky on screen controls. And it's incredible grindy.
Just clearing the story mode forces you to grind a lot. It's... not good. I really want to like it, the concept is fine. But you fight with the controls and if you manage to deal with that, you grind the same stages over and over and over again in order to progress.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Any more goons playing this in a clan? This seems like something I could waste a week on.

Edit: Lol gently caress games that make the "BUY" button red and the "BACK" button green/blue.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Apr 20, 2020

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

explosivo posted:

Any more goons playing this in a clan? This seems like something I could waste a week on.

Edit: Lol gently caress games that make the "BUY" button red and the "BACK" button green/blue.

I have been playing this for a bit now and being in a good clan makes so much difference. Like, 400 emeralds a day, plus a shitload if hero shards from sieges and events.

Im only at LVL 1730ish, but have unlocked heroes that should take me past 4000, just gotta get em to mythical.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Be careful with MSL. I played it about 4 or 5 years back. It's basically a summoners war lite, but it very well may be reaching EoL at this point. It was never huge to begin with, and always kind of existed in the shadow of summoners war. If they are throwing a ton of currency and pull rate up you might have a game that won't be there in a few months.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Zotix posted:

Be careful with MSL. I played it about 4 or 5 years back. It's basically a summoners war lite, but it very well may be reaching EoL at this point. It was never huge to begin with, and always kind of existed in the shadow of summoners war. If they are throwing a ton of currency and pull rate up you might have a game that won't be there in a few months.

Oh, good lord, I'm not putting money into it. And it might actually be refreshing for one of these games to die off before I burn out on it.

FistLips
Dec 14, 2004

Must I dream and always see your face?
Looking for a simple, but fun multiplayer game that does NOT require you to connect with Facebook to play with others. I've enjoyed "8 Ball Pool" by Miniclip, but a bit tired from it by now. Same with Wordfeud. I also like golf/minigolf games, but all of the ones I've found so far have required Facebook connection to play with others. tl;dr: Looking for a simple, but fun game to play with my SO without connecting to Facebook.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

FistLips posted:

Looking for a simple, but fun multiplayer game that does NOT require you to connect with Facebook to play with others. I've enjoyed "8 Ball Pool" by Miniclip, but a bit tired from it by now. Same with Wordfeud. I also like golf/minigolf games, but all of the ones I've found so far have required Facebook connection to play with others. tl;dr: Looking for a simple, but fun game to play with my SO without connecting to Facebook.

My wife is weirdly into the Dr Mario game, which has live multiplayer. I also liked Ruzzle for a bit if you want a Boggle-like, I think the FB hook is optional.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I don't know about simple, but Spaceteam is a fun multiplayer game co-op where you both have to frantically read instructions and push buttons to keep your spaceship alive.

I've been playing Random Dice, which is a tower defense that you can do co-op or pvp with friends.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Space team guy is working on a new game called Blabyrinth which is like a coop dungeon crawler/escape room/yelling at your friends simulator. I played an early demo of it last year and it looks pretty cool so far, keep an eye out.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Go RV! posted:

I don't know about simple, but Spaceteam is a fun multiplayer game co-op where you both have to frantically read instructions and push buttons to keep your spaceship alive.

I've been playing Random Dice, which is a tower defense that you can do co-op or pvp with friends.

Your recommendation reminds me that Galaxy Trucker exists (premium app) and that I think it has local multiplayer.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

FistLips posted:

Most of the .io type games fit into these criteria I think.

FistLips
Dec 14, 2004

Must I dream and always see your face?
Thanks for your suggestions, guys!

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Most of the .io type games fit into these criteria I think.

The what now?

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Play Store discoverability is such trash. Dead By Daylight is out, but you would have no idea by browsing the store

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bhvr.deadbydaylight

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Lone Goat posted:

Space team guy is working on a new game called Blabyrinth which is like a coop dungeon crawler/escape room/yelling at your friends simulator. I played an early demo of it last year and it looks pretty cool so far, keep an eye out.

This reminds me a lot of Escape!, the board game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

FistLips posted:

Thanks for your suggestions, guys!

The what now?

https://iogames.top/hubs/android/

Basically really simple instanced MMO games with no long-term progress, but good to pop into for a quick game.

Searching the play store for ".io" seems to bring up the bigger ones.