Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

Wait a minute. Uh if the Dolphins are trying to move up to 3 AND KEEP 5 then they are going to pay a boatload of picks to Detroit. And that makes me wonder if Detroit is getting into the Trevor Lawrence Sweepstakes

If Stafford goes down again or is for some reason completely ineffective post-injury they're there already. But even though there seems to be some odd thought going around that Stafford is finished he was balling the gently caress out last year until he got hurt.

The Lions weren't all that good even when he was playing, but at least it wasn't his fault in 2019.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Stafford was on pace for 40 TD’s, nearly 5,000 yards and the best completion percentage of his life before his back was detonated.

Hopefully he’s all healed up, but it wouldn’t surprise me if he wasn’t. Sure would be nice if he had a running game to take all the pressure off of him to win games by himself, but the Lions haven’t had a running game for 20 years.

Maybe they’ll develop one when interim head coach Bevell takes over in Week 5.

The Lions probably win at least one conference title if Stafford had a running game the last decade.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The real question for KC is how do they handle the loss of the player solely responsible for their making and winning the Superbowl last season, Terrell Suggs.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

kiimo posted:

Wait a minute. Uh if the Dolphins are trying to move up to 3 AND KEEP 5 then they are going to pay a boatload of picks to Detroit. And that makes me wonder if Detroit is getting into the Trevor Lawrence Sweepstakes

It's roughly equivalent to the Dolphins giving up #18, #26, and #39.

I don't think Matt Patricia and Bob Quinn are worried too much about their 2021 picks at this point.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Gonz posted:

The general logic is that the Cardinals are going to draft a tackle.

But that offense could be extremely spooky/skerry if they drafted someone like Jeudy or Lamb or Ruggs.

Kyler throwing to Fitz, Nuk, Kirk and any one of those three could be devestating.

it would be, but more than anything the offense needs better pass pro otherwise all that receiving talent could be wasted. An underrated part of Mahomes' success has actually been the Chiefs pass protection

Although, the Cardinals are running that weird spread concept so who knows, it could work

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Cards have some great receivers, but you draft for the future and Fitzgerald will need to be replaced. But, obviously if a great LT prospect is there, you take the LT.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Schrags with some notes.

https://twitter.com/PSchrags/status/1253081011975532545
https://twitter.com/PSchrags/status/1253081342755078144
https://twitter.com/PSchrags/status/1253083671445241863

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Slowpoke! posted:

Cards have some great receivers, but you draft for the future and Fitzgerald will need to be replaced. But, obviously if a great LT prospect is there, you take the LT.

100% agree. Gotta protect that #1 pick investment.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Will lol extremely hard if Tua drops to new england.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

really queer Christmas posted:

Will lol extremely hard if Tua drops to new england.

I could've poo poo out these takes he got from "working the phones in the last 24 hours" in a minute or two, I wouldn't take it too seriously.

I just don't think he could fall that far, injuries be damned. He's a special player who may well be better than Joe Burrow, and there seems to be pretty wide consensus that he is at LEAST the second best quarterback available here. When has the second best quarterback in a given year fallen to the end of the first round?

More importantly I don't WANT it to happen

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Play posted:

I could've poo poo out these takes he got from "working the phones in the last 24 hours" in a minute or two, I wouldn't take it too seriously.

I just don't think he could fall that far, injuries be damned. He's a special player who may well be better than Joe Burrow, and there seems to be pretty wide consensus that he is at LEAST the second best quarterback available here. When has the second best quarterback in a given year fallen to the end of the first round?

The best quarterback fell to the very end of the first round two years ago.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

2005 also

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
My top 100 and top 10 for each position with their CBS page links:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1udOR8WF4VCr4gL5R7pBJMw_j_Xt05V1OKb_yuLPQM7Q/edit?usp=sharing

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

This is good and I appreciate the effort put into it.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The best quarterback fell to the very end of the first round two years ago.

true, but that's the guy who ENDED up being the best quarterback, not the consensus before the draft, like in Tua's case where he is considered the best or second best QB on offer

give goons credit though, we were way ahead of the curve on lamar jackson

Cavauro posted:

2005 also

got me there

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The consensus best QB in 2013 went 2nd round.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Play posted:

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

The 2020 NFL Goon Draft is complete! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3918124

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
This is a really hard draft to pinpoint because everyone either has a ton of injuries or a lot of inconsistent play with flashes of brilliance.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I dunno if I buy this current theory about all the OTs worthy of a first round pick going in the top 10. The only way I see it happening is if
Giants
Jags
Arizona
Browns
'
All go OT Giants sure, but the Jags defense got gutted this offseason, Arizona has huge holes elsewhere. I suppose this is all assuming Miami are ready to jettison Rosen and San Diego take Herbert because you gotta think if neither of those teams want Hebert or Tua all bets are off.

I also really don't think Tua would drop past the Panthers at 7 either.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i've got 3 or 4 main ideas about this... one is that the cardinals have had o line problems forever and last year due to the marcus gilbert injury they went into the season with basically the same idiots and I was expecting kyler to get absolutely demolished due to them... and it didn't really happen. so in an awful situation our o line coach got us something kyler can work with.

second, if that tweet about 4 tackles gone before the 11th pick has any amount of truth... the cards should be sniffing around to avoid another 2013 draft where we are handcuffed by the previous picks and take a loser (the 5th o lineman at the 8th pick)

third, I feel like I've said this for 3-4 years now, but last year's injuries seemed unlucky. this year we'll have marcus gilbert and max garcia back. who knows.

e: and yeah, if 4 QBs go before the cards pick then we take the best OL and laugh

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

BlindSite posted:

I dunno if I buy this current theory about all the OTs worthy of a first round pick going in the top 10. The only way I see it happening is if
Giants
Jags
Arizona
Browns
'
All go OT Giants sure, but the Jags defense got gutted this offseason, Arizona has huge holes elsewhere. I suppose this is all assuming Miami are ready to jettison Rosen and San Diego take Herbert because you gotta think if neither of those teams want Hebert or Tua all bets are off.

I also really don't think Tua would drop past the Panthers at 7 either.

Rosen is not in Miami’s plans at all. Either our front office made a stupid trade or our coaching staff can’t develop a QB.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ehud posted:

Rosen is not in Miami’s plans at all. Either our front office made a stupid trade or our coaching staff can’t develop a QB.

Maybe he's just bad. I was never a believer in Rosen and didn't think he was going to make it. Tua just makes way too much sense.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Alternatively, Josh Rosen isn't that good and should have never been drafted as high as he was drafted.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

BlindSite posted:

Maybe he's just bad. I was never a believer in Rosen and didn't think he was going to make it. Tua just makes way too much sense.

I can simultaneously believe that Rosen might just be bad and that he might have been good but we'd never know now

What NFL QB probably holds the consecutive "maybe we can fix him" seasons record

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

GD_American posted:

I can simultaneously believe that Rosen might just be bad and that he might have been good but we'd never know now

What NFL QB probably holds the consecutive "maybe we can fix him" seasons record

bradford probably

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Matt Cassel got way too many chances but i don't feel confident that anyone thought they could fix anything in particular

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

BlindSite posted:

If he’s just bad then that fits into my “the front office made a stupid trade” category.

In any case, they don’t like Rosen and he might not even be on the team after this weekend.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Diva Cupcake posted:

I'm obviously happy now but holy poo poo was I so pissed that was the year my team had the first overall pick.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

this is not a "I am smart" statement posed as a question. it's an ignorant dumb rear end question. Why did people think Rosen was going to be good? Is he really sarcastic just like Aaron Rodgers

edit I guess he was owning but got a lot of concussions??

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Apr 23, 2020

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Play posted:

true, but that's the guy who ENDED up being the best quarterback, not the consensus before the draft, like in Tua's case where he is considered the best or second best QB on offer

give goons credit though, we were way ahead of the curve on lamar jackson

Well, the broad concensus is that Tua would be the best or second best QB IF he were healthy and able to stay healthy.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I would be amazed if Tua get's past Carolina.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Well, the broad concensus is that Tua would be the best or second best QB IF he were healthy and able to stay healthy.

Honestly if he didn’t have injury concerns Cinci would have a long night

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Roseman has a podium all ready

https://twitter.com/markmeany/status/1253039995264421890?s=20

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Diva Cupcake posted:

Enough time has passed that I can now see the humor in EJ Manuel somehow being a first rounder.

I was just happy that they didn't take Ryan Nassib. What a year.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Amy Pole Her posted:

Honestly if he didn’t have injury concerns Cinci would have a long night

I still think it would be Burrow but I think things might be a whole lot more interesting for Washington and New York even after getting their "future" guys last year and Detroit could be chasing a kings ransom right now.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Teddy was the consensus best QB for the 2014 draft and fell to 32 as the third QB selected.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

fsif posted:

Enough time has passed that I can now see the humor in EJ Manuel somehow being a first rounder.

I was just happy that they didn't take Ryan Nassib. What a year.

Holy poo poo I forgot about the Marrone/Nassib hype. What a terrible draft.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I keep forgetting the draft is tomorrow. Excited for the Titans to draft someone I never heard of but turns out to rock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Diva Cupcake posted:

Holy poo poo I forgot about the Marrone/Nassib hype. What a terrible draft.
Haha, terrible draft is an understatement.
The 2013 "top" 10, everyone: Eric Fisher, Luke Joeckel, Dion Jordan, Lane Johnson, Ziggy Ansah, Barkevious Mingo, Jonathan Cooper, Tavon Austin, Dee Milliner, and Chance Warmack.
Like, I'm pretty sure Lane Johnson is the only guy who isn't a JAG at best. The third round was pretty great though!

But, as quarterbacks go, it's between Mike Glennon and Matt Barkley as the best.