Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

cali burrito top pick:

rf beans
rice
light pico to make room for ketchup
fries
light guac

-

Couple people in my neighborhood are stating they're getting 4,000 (450/wk + 600/wk) a month right now in Unemployment, their pre-tax total. Do you guys think the CARES act will be retroactively taxed next year?

Ban this filth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Occasionally I get an itch for a CaliBurro ans I get some Del Taco :thumbsup:

We need someone to map out the TJ / SD / OC / LA taco borders.

I argue that the LA sphere begins either at the King Taco off the 5 or at El Tepeyac.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
Refried beans and ketchup??

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

atelier morgan posted:

What the gently caress

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

atelier morgan posted:

It's layers you see the beans are too later so they don't see the ketchup. You squirt a little red line rough through the potatoes and wrap it back up

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

It's layers you see the beans are too later so they don't see the ketchup. You squirt a little red line rough through the potatoes and wrap it back up

WAR CRIME BURRITO

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
You are exiled from the Western States Pact. Go to America, and do not return here.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Mar 23, 2021

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

If the SoCal side puts ketchup in their burritos I'm defecting to the north. I'll never say hella but I will protect burritos from the people who will hurt them.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Absolutely not.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Im Norcalian. And you have to use the right ketchup, low sugar ketchup

this would never work with 8 grams of sugar Heinz.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Apr 23, 2020

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

cali burrito top pick:

rf beans
rice
fries
light guac

Would. Though I might add a little carne asada.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
And I thought I was a heathen because my absolute favorite burrito is simply carne asada, guac, and cheese. No pico, no refried beans, no rice, just meat, avacado, and dairy, as those are the most delicious ingredients. I will happily consume a salad alongside my burrito to get the vegetables.

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

Hawkperson posted:

If the SoCal side puts ketchup in their burritos I'm defecting to the north.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO is going full sovcit with burritos. No side will claim him

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.
Breakfast burrito superiority foreva, start my day with a crispy brick of eggs papas cheese and chorizo with tapatio applied lovingly.

Highbrow Slick fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Apr 23, 2020

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Do you also eat steak well-done and slather it with ketchup?

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

When somebody asks what I want in a burrito I usually go with beef and say everything when asked about what else to add. The mix of ingredients changes with venue, but I've never been disappointed by anything made by people who's primary language is spanish. Mission burritos cooked in Mexican style are tasty.

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

cali burrito top pick:

rf beans
rice
fries
light guac

-

This is some serious NorCal poo poo right here. Rice and beans are filler.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Counterpoint: Some sugar is good.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I like tacos more than burritos.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Sydin posted:

I like tacos more than burritos.

All this sandwich talk is making me hungry

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

BeAuMaN posted:

Do you also eat steak well-done and slather it with ketchup?

Ew steak is bad tier. Never eat a cow.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

The reason you Nor Cal Bastards dropped the "the" is because you don't deal with enough new people, places, or things on a daily basis where you need the "the" to figure out what the nouns are.

"I'm going to running store."
"You're going to go running?"
"Now I'm going to THE running store."
"oooh."

lol it's because the full name is "highway 1" or "interstate 280" or whatever. So you just shorten it to the number.

SF residents do their own "the" thing with neighborhoods though, where we chop the word "district" off of the end of the name. So instead of "the Mission District", or "the Richmond District", we usually say "the mission" or "the richmond", etc.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

MickeyFinn posted:

rice is filler

beans are life :colbert:

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

lol my mom used to call 101 "Redwood Highway" all the time which I guess is technically true but it's not labeled that and no one else says it

yeah i remember old people saying things like Nimitz freeway and Bayshore freeway, when i was a kid. Don't hear it that much now....though the Central freeway and Embarcadero freeway are names that are alive in my brain. Probably because they were/are little freeway spurs, and were all/mostly demolished within my lifetime, and its not like you can say you're demolishing highway 101 lol

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

MickeyFinn posted:

Yeah, they fill one up with rice and beans, which are good

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I should have known...that ketchup is legit good though. I'm still not sold on the burrito application. But it's good drat ketchup.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Ew steak is bad tier. Never eat a cow.

Lmao you’re beyond parody

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth
Don't eat beef. Pork is better for the environment. Eat more pigs.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Rah! posted:

rice is filler

beans are life :colbert:

Bean Crew checking in. The only wholesome lunch I could afford as a student was a bean and cheese from La Vic or Iguanas

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

Bean Crew checking in. The only wholesome lunch I could afford as a student was a bean and cheese from La Vic or Iguanas

The burger king next to the engineering building would always waft into the classroom before lunch. I ate too many whoppers.

Also top dog is best dog.

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
It’s a shame the owner of top dog is a libertarian psycho, because thems some tasty encased meats.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

cali burrito top pick:

war crime indeed

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Portrait of Cheems II of Spain by Jabona Neftman, olo pint on fird

Still Dismal posted:

It’s a shame the owner of top dog is a libertarian psycho, because thems some tasty encased meats.

God that libertarian propaganda is so loving weird. I do rosamunde instead

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

Hawkperson posted:

I should have known...that ketchup is legit good though. I'm still not sold on the burrito application. But it's good drat ketchup.
If its real heavy on the fries it might work out.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

FRINGE posted:

If its real heavy on the fries it might work out.

thats what ive found. the fries are usually piled above everything else. so they tend to be much drier, and feel like you're eating a piece of bread inside the burrito, so a little ketchup gives them a slight lubricant for maximum cali-burrito enjoying.

droll posted:

Don't eat beef. Pork is better for the environment. Eat more pigs.

MEAT is MURDER. Pig Farms are usually in poorer rural areas and cause asthma and other illnesses due to breathing in 50,000 gallon vats of pig poo poo

Here's Pig poo poo Lake, Open air, wicking horrific fumes into the environment making minorities sick and permanently displaced with Asthma.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Apr 23, 2020

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
also starting on the first of this year the trump admin loosened pork regulations to the point that USDA inspectors were all "whoa, i'm not eating pork anymore though you can go ahead if it's local and you know where it's coming from" to the press

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

also starting on the first of this year the trump admin loosened pork regulations to the point that USDA inspectors were all "whoa, i'm not eating pork anymore though you can go ahead if it's local and you know where it's coming from" to the press

They want you to die of brain worms. The regulation us like half a minute per hog of inspection on slaughterhouses running hundreds of hogs a day.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
Y'all can't the norcal crowd just agree:
- The Mission burrito is a culturally significant food.
- The fries in a Cali burrito are a far better burrito filler because you can't really make crispy rice.
- Senor Sisig makes a bomb-rear end Filipino pork burrito with fries that fits into neither category perfectly yet surpasses both, thus establishing a new burrito tier above all, and socal will fall beneath our might once we push it down there.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

CMYK BLYAT! posted:

- The fries in a Cali burrito are a far better burrito filler because you can't really make crispy rice.

I love Cali burritos, but you can absolutely make crispy rice. You need a non-stick pan. Dump in cooked rice (hot rice is best I have found). Turn up the heat. Fry until crisp. Delicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
I don’t hold animal life equivalent to human life and think it’s fine to eat meat in the abstract, but animal agriculture is probably not sustainable in the long run.

If all of the externalities of meat were priced in instead of it being massively subsidized it would correctly be seen as a luxury good, a once a month thing for most people. I’ve been trying to eat less myself.