Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
potatoes are so good in the oven tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

the problem with piling potatoes that high is you're going to end up with even more potatoes as those ones start growing on the previous potato compost below and above

endless potato

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

you love to see it folks

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

The demand for potatoes really seems to rely on mass access to deep fryers. Easily 90% of my potato intake last year in restaurants.

it is a symbiotic relationship...the potato relies on the deep fryer to propagate the next generation

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lmao "not fully aware of the severity." yeah sure.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

The demand for potatoes really seems to rely on mass access to deep fryers. Easily 90% of my potato intake last year in restaurants.

you can deep fry at home with a few basic safety precautions and get paid to get potatoes now it seems

twit666
Nov 16, 2006

Soiled Meat

TurboFlamingChicken posted:

Moving that amount of food costs a lot of money that's the reason why so many grocery stores won't move all of their expired food to food banks because it cost too much money that they have to pay for

Guy I know works for a liquor distributor. They poured out $750,000 worth of beer last week because it expired. Nobody's drinking out of kegs. All the bars are closed.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

really regretting going for the switch instead of the copper still for a work gift two years ago

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

if ur stockpiling taters u need to build more schnapps distilleries, duh

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

twit666 posted:

Guy I know works for a liquor distributor. They poured out $750,000 worth of beer last week because it expired. Nobody's drinking out of kegs. All the bars are closed.

i will make the sacrifice to drink the kegs and eat the potatoes if someone has to do it i will take one for the team i am a hero

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

quote:

We know if John was still here with us he would acknowledge the national crisis we are in, abide by the stay-at-home order, and encourage family and friends to do the same," she said. "But sadly he is not with us and we will forever have to live and cope with how his life ended far too soon."

lady you're getting poo poo over your dead husband because he did the exact opposite and died :lol:

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

lol does anyone else remember 2 months ago when there was an article about how crop yields were lower than expected and we might not have enough potatoes to cover the demand for french fries?

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

my bony fealty posted:

is this like oil, will they pay me to take their potato

give me the potatoes Idaho

you can glean them but tbh those aren't the good potatoes those are the russet ones for ore-ida or simplot so they're mostly size over flavor

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

just make booze from them fuuuck

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Norton the First posted:

Eh, Russets. No great loss.

this guy gets it

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

"there is no market for the extra potatoes". Lol, bullshit.

En Garde Motherfuckers
Apr 29, 2009

Hey. Is it just me, or do my balls itch?
I wager the average goon could eat at least 5-6 baked potatoes in a sitting, if pressed. The population of this thread alone could successfully be put to work ensuring minimal potato spoilage

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

shovelbum posted:

How many landlords do evictions with nothing but a new set of locks and a few chud buddies with ARs and body armor tho

you think the county sheriff is going to let their protection racket go without a fight? c'mon man they dont do stand around and watch for free

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
its simple: take the free oil and and the money you get from it to buy the potatoes, use the oil and potatoes to make and sell french fries. pure profit.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

WarEternal posted:

"we dont want out food going to poor people"

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

WarEternal posted:

if the government were run with competence or compassion they would be mass buying things like these potatoes to distribute to food banks

that would be something, huh?

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

isolation, virus destroys nuts

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Best beans for chili are red kidney, pinto, and red chori/adzuki.

Best beans for farting are black beans, red kidney, and those Goya brand grey speckled ones I can only find in Carnicerias.

I put espresso in my chili with red kidney beans and red chori beans, and my colon has never been cleaner. It was like pressure washing my digestive system. I was making GBS threads pure fiber via a 60 psi air cannon. I lost like 5 pounds.

This has been bean chat.

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

you can deep fry at home with a few basic safety precautions and get paid to get potatoes now it seems

paid for free oil, paid for free potatoes

the future is now

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

jacket potatoes are great. bake potato. put tuna-corn-mayo mix on baked potato.

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
those ffools the discarded pile ofpotatoes will only grow more and more potates

well be overrun in 5 or 6 seasons

u gotta bake or fry them to deactivate

gravy worx too

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

NofrikinfuN posted:

if the government were run with competence or compassion they would be mass buying things like these potatoes to distribute to food banks

The fact that no billionaire is turning this into even an opportunity to self promote via free french fries for all is telling

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
I wish the internet was around during the OG Great Depression so I could read their archived posts

Curious if the tone of everyday conversation would be basically identical to the tone today

Norton the First
Dec 4, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

i don't care for potatoes

What the gently caress? I know everyone here is about beanposting, but again, what the gently caress?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1253372084887203843?s=19

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

Lol your deniar dumb gently caress husband/father is loving DEAD. I hope you learn for once in your arrogant lives you stupid fucks.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

NofrikinfuN posted:

someone explain to me how this doesn't end in starvation, I'm still wondering.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WftbbPe7bhE

Nurse Fanny
Aug 14, 2007

neato

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

wow 1/4 of the city

tht seems more inline w/expectations than the ca study from a couple days ago

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

WarEternal posted:

someone explain to me how this doesn't end in starvation, I'm still wondering.

Probably a good time to buy a farm share / join a csa if you can afford it

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

etalian posted:

lol people always assume the worst when they see a NJ license plate.

Probably to prevent stuff like this happening.

https://twitter.com/shaunking/status/1244377243129909248

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008

So a 0.8% CFR. Plausible IMO

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

This is going to be the excuse to open everything back up lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

this would put the CFR at ~0.5%, which isn't out of range of the estimates accounting for possible missed cases.

neat!