Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

SelenicMartian posted:

But did you think of the blue seas?

Sea sickness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'm told every hardcore alcoholic eventually just ends up on vodka.

That seems fair. I should probably slow down

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

gin is the only drink that cutting with tonic sounds like a good idea

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Ghost Leviathan posted:

If you really want to get kids not to do drugs, just show them TCC.

My brother had to do an anti-drug unit for the kids he teaches and I suggested he just make them watch "Requiem for a Dream".

He didn't, but I stand by the suggestion.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

goatsestretchgoals posted:

it is, but when sitting out on your porch enjoying the afternoon its better to mix it with lemonade

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Fake edit counterpoint: Making kids take a few shots of gin would be more effective than DARE ever was.

while staying with family my kid accidentally drank some horrible watermelon vodka thing that looked like fruit punch and has committed to never drink alcohol again

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Shadow0 posted:

Sometimes I slightly kind of regret avoiding drinking because there're (presumably) so many flavors out there to experience. But now that I think about it, the most common thing I hear when people talk about alcohol is how much they hate the flavor of X.

I mean, there are a poo poo load of flavors and it can be very fun to sample a lot of stuff, but for me there's always the burning lovely taste of highly concentrated alcohol that accompanies it. There's some mostly high end stuff that actually is smooth and nice to me, but it's hard to find.

If you mix it as I said, as in gin and tonic, or whisky soda, or basically anything that dilutes it a bit, it can taste very nice. I once drank with a guy who has bigly into gin and tonic and he let me try a bunch of fancy gins that all tastes vastly differently, it blew my mind.

Don't let the ghost of flavors undrunk influence you tho, if you don't like it then more Power to you, it's ultimately not healthy in any case.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Son of Rodney posted:

I mean, there are a poo poo load of flavors and it can be very fun to sample a lot of stuff, but for me there's always the burning lovely taste of highly concentrated alcohol that accompanies it. There's some mostly high end stuff that actually is smooth and nice to me, but it's hard to find.

If you mix it as I said, as in gin and tonic, or whisky soda, or basically anything that dilutes it a bit, it can taste very nice. I once drank with a guy who has bigly into gin and tonic and he let me try a bunch of fancy gins that all tastes vastly differently, it blew my mind.

Don't let the ghost of flavors undrunk influence you tho, if you don't like it then more Power to you, it's ultimately not healthy in any case.

Yeah, I've already made it this far in life without it.

But also, the fact that you need to mix it with stuff to make it palatable speaks volumes. I'll just drink the mix-ins on their own.

That said, paying $7 for Sprite with some grenadine sucks. It's good though.

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

Tesseraction posted:

Sloe gin looks like bloody water at least

And is one of the key ingredients of a Sloe Comfortable Screw (and its variant, the Sloe Comfortable Screw Against the Wall)

Tinestram has issued a correction as of 16:20 on Apr 23, 2020

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The sloe is pronounced "sloo" not "slow".

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Wait, my drinking started at vodka and vodka-based mixes. Where am I supposed to go from there?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Randalor posted:

Wait, my drinking started at vodka and vodka-based mixes. Where am I supposed to go from there?

Mouthwash from Dollar General

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Randalor posted:

GHB (I'm joking though, that stuff is pretty dangerous and the consequences from taking it can be pretty astounding.)

Dickbutt Ouroboros
Nov 13, 2002

handbandit?
Son of a bitch!

ManBoyChef posted:

GHB (I'm joking though, that stuff is pretty dangerous and the consequences from taking it can be pretty astounding.)

I learned how to make that from nail polish remover in TCC. (not joking)

The most dangerous part was the extremely narrow dosage window. Good times otherwise.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I'm boring and just drink tequila and whiskey and the occasional wacky mix like vanilla flavored vodka and sprite (or any other fruit flavored soda).

Are there any funny goon alcoholism stories?

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

The funny thing is that originally it was the other way around.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
if you're not drinking at least 2 Manhattans every Trump-night lmao

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Elephant Ambush posted:

I'm boring and just drink tequila and whiskey and the occasional wacky mix like vanilla flavored vodka and sprite (or any other fruit flavored soda).

turn off your monitor

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

if you're not drinking at least 2 Manhattans every Trump-night lmao

:911:

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Man, I really wonder what HST would say to all this.

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

Power Khan posted:

Man, I really wonder what HST would say to all this.

TRUMP

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Elephant Ambush posted:

I have some benzo stories.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

there's very few funny booze stories outside of like, inside jokes among friends

just not the right kind of brain altering and it's too normie. I'm sure if joose was sold on every street corner, your co-worker talking about blacking out for 3 days and ordering a piano would be droll and not worth discussing

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

GHB also causes HGH levels to rise so at least you’ll be jacked and sleepy all the time instead of skinny and sleepy all the time like boring ol opiate addicts.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Shadow0 posted:

Yeah, I've already made it this far in life without it.

But also, the fact that you need to mix it with stuff to make it palatable speaks volumes. I'll just drink the mix-ins on their own.

That said, paying $7 for Sprite with some grenadine sucks. It's good though.

yeah eating plain peppercorns sucks, may as well never mix them with anything

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Shadow0 posted:

:) "What does this taste like?"
:eng101: "It tastes like this other thing you haven't tasted."

I, too, am a teetotaling weirdo, but I've at least tasted a few, and find all alcohols taste exactly like Windex.

Which I have also sampled, obviously.

nerd

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Epic High Five posted:

there's very few funny booze stories outside of like, inside jokes among friends

just not the right kind of brain altering and it's too normie. I'm sure if joose was sold on every street corner, your co-worker talking about blacking out for 3 days and ordering a piano would be droll and not worth discussing

Yeah I wasn't asking for tragic life destroying stories, just funny stuff like embarrassing poo poo people did while blacked out that didn't really hurt anyone.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Elephant Ambush posted:

Yeah I wasn't asking for tragic life destroying stories, just funny stuff like embarrassing poo poo people did while blacked out that didn't really hurt anyone.

When I was in college I knew a few people who'd get blackout drunk and jump in front of cars or smash poo poo and run screaming into the night and later we'd figure out they'd actually drunk maybe one whole can of Coors

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Epic High Five posted:

my second time ever drinking was at a mexican place doing margarita monday and i was like 'wow i can't taste booze in these huge glasses at all! i'll have more!' and that's how i ended up puking in the bushes along a main street in the middle of southern california summer evening yet somehow not getting picked up for public intoxication. no idea how i'd have made it back to my friend i was visiting's place if he hadn't been there with me :barf:

this is very boring but i do find it amusing in hindsight so i'm making GBS threads the thread up

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Kitfox88 posted:

my second time ever drinking was at a mexican place doing margarita monday and i was like 'wow i can't taste booze in these huge glasses at all! i'll have more!' and that's how i ended up puking in the bushes along a main street in the middle of southern california summer evening yet somehow not getting picked up for public intoxication. no idea how i'd have made it back to my friend i was visiting's place if he hadn't been there with me :barf:

this is very boring but i do find it amusing in hindsight so i'm making GBS threads the thread up

It's fine because I like seeing your av

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

the best part about being an alcoholic is that you don’t remember the embarrassing poo poo you did

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

Elephant Ambush posted:

It's fine because I like seeing your av

I feel like 2/3rds of people have a "second time drinking" story more or less like this one because your body hasn't recognized alcohol as poison just yet and you don't have a good mental model for how to drink safely. I drank a shitload of vodka the second time I drank for similar reasons, and had to figure out how to get into my parent's house without being seen because I was shirtless after throwing away my puke-covered t-shirt.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

the best part about being an alcoholic is that you don’t remember the embarrassing poo poo you did

Other people do though and will never let you live it down

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Notahippie posted:

I feel like 2/3rds of people have a "second time drinking" story more or less like this one because your body hasn't recognized alcohol as poison just yet and you don't have a good mental model for how to drink safely. I drank a shitload of vodka the second time I drank for similar reasons, and had to figure out how to get into my parent's house without being seen because I was shirtless after throwing away my puke-covered t-shirt.

Your avatar makes me want to hear some of Shane MacGowan drunks stories. I still can't believe he didn't drink himself to death in the 80s.

Fuzzy McDoom
Oct 9, 2007

-MORE MONEY FOR US

-FUCK...YOU KNOW, THE THING

we have found the grail

https://twitter.com/politico/status/1253392663002468354?s=20

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

That dog in the pic they used has seen SO MUCH poo poo.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Imagine how diseased your brain has to be to cry tears of joy upon seeing the dumbest man alive come out on stage in anticipation of two hours of him interrupting himself.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

I am all of a sudden in overwhelming favor of opening the US back for business, baby.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Groovelord Neato posted:

Imagine how diseased your brain has to be to cry tears of joy upon seeing the dumbest man alive come out on stage in anticipation of two hours of him interrupting himself.

it's a trump rally not a biden rally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Kitfox88 posted:

it's a trump rally not a biden rally

oh my god you're so loving clever