Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
never trust your fists. only FINRA can help you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019
Pick is the blonde girl who stalked a guy in a wheelchair and lives in Portland, the city where trust fund kids to to live out the 90s, right?

I got real "I'm going to inherit enough money to not need to do anything" vibes off her posting.

Because, lmao.

cumshitter posted:

never trust your fists. only FINRA can help you

Seriously, you and dobbs are the best jokesters on this subforum.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

got a fortune for you all

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Pick posted:

No, if you think that laws mean nothing, even good laws to help people by putting limitations on companies and/or the rich, because the government inherently selective enforces and will only ever protect and/or serve the rich, that's a libertarian stance. Suddenly a lot of all this discourse genuinely does make more sense to me now.

lol look at this dumb poo poo

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

Admiral Ray posted:

collapse won't come all at once and can't be accurately predicted by the people in this thread. make the financial decision that will reduce your stress and give you more options. i'd pay it off because i hate having debt.

Centrist Committee posted:

I’d probably pay the minimums and hoard cash but if owing money stresses you out pay off the cards and enjoy the downtime, no one knows the future and chaos reigns

i split the difference and paid off a good chunk of it but kept a good chunk of cash too

cumshitter posted:

you should pay off your credit card because you promised to pay visa back when you borrowed their money. dont be a jerk.

lol

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

I think we should all embrace the libertarian label and become anarco communists.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

If laws exist only to punish me for certain actions but let others get away for the same thing then why should I support the law? After all if they get the protection of it while also not being obligated to follow it then I'm just supporting something designed to screw me over. Why should I give a gently caress about order when some rich dipshit can get away with a hit and run because his dad owns a car dealership? To somehow pretend the law deserves respect while it's applied selectively only allows for atrocity under the guise of civility

In short the exact sort of :decorum: cspam has poo poo on the past 4 years

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/DeItaOne/status/1253724297035644928?s=19

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Instead of paying back your regular bank (boo!) if you're looking to get rid of your money, why not give it to a local food bank? They could use it :)

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

What if the State just withered away

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Pick's father buried half a million dollars somewhere on her family's compound.

This continues to gently caress me up.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

goth smoking cloves posted:

I think we should all embrace the libertarian label and become anarco communists.

never had the time or energy to decide if im an anarcho communist or just a communist because they're both the same from the perspective of the material reality i live in

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

Admiral Ray posted:

it really isn't, though. if you got to make the laws, why wouldn't that first statement apply to that system too? why would you protect others at the expense of yourself, the maker of the law? the leap between that and "all laws are subverted and should therefor be abolished" isn't really all that far.

dictatorship of the proletariat. At no point have I made that argument despite what Gazpacho and apparently you believe. foh with this dumb d&d bullshit.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

Its way easier to infer from your posts that you love legalism and want to hug & kiss the Constitution despite recorded history than it is to infer from my posts that I'm an anarchist or libertarian.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

are you implying bourgeois governments serve the interests of the bourgeoisie? wow, you sound like a libertarian to me, an idiot.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

help I’m getting mad on the internet again >:-(

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Joey Steel posted:

Seriously, you and dobbs are the best jokesters on this subforum.

give me your money

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

lol he thinks he's only loving over amazon

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

Agean90 posted:

If laws exist only to punish me for certain actions but let others get away for the same thing then why should I support the law? After all if they get the protection of it while also not being obligated to follow it then I'm just supporting something designed to screw me over. Why should I give a gently caress about order when some rich dipshit can get away with a hit and run because his dad owns a car dealership? To somehow pretend the law deserves respect while it's applied selectively only allows for atrocity under the guise of civility

In short the exact sort of :decorum: cspam has poo poo on the past 4 years

Don't forget that if you think a law sucks, or the legislature who made it might selectively enforce it, you must oppose all laws on principle. This is a very reasonable inference, actually.

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

c-spam does mean communism spam, right?

cuz i stept away for a bit and saw 50 new posts and thought "oh boy did the oil do a fun thing again"

instead, no, theres arguing about what the law is and definitions being thrown around and a bunch of talking past each other...

oil is still an untenable $16 a barrel, making me feel p good about my rock touching as opposed to oil slurping job - but wary of what this means for the oil slurping economy of texas

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Quetzadilla posted:

dictatorship of the proletariat. At no point have I made that argument despite what Gazpacho and apparently you believe. foh with this dumb d&d bullshit.

Quetzadilla posted:

Its way easier to infer from your posts that you love legalism and want to hug & kiss the Constitution despite recorded history than it is to infer from my posts that I'm an anarchist or libertarian.

i didn't say you were a libertarian or anarchist, just that the leap from "laws aren't applied equally" to "abolish all law" isn't that crazy. the missing step would be "and laws can't be applied equally", which isn't something people have said here.

lol

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
lol at that prince rip-off at 7:40

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Admiral Ray posted:

i didn't say you were a libertarian or anarchist, just that the leap from "laws aren't applied equally" to "abolish all law" isn't that crazy. the missing step would be "and laws can't be applied equally", which isn't something people have said here.

lol

its entirely correct that laws cannot be applied equally in a capitalist society. the solution is not to get rid of all laws, but to get rid of capitalism.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

its entirely correct that laws cannot be applied equally in a capitalist society. the solution is not to get rid of all laws, but to get rid of capitalism.

i agree.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

I think this is the take away yes

laws are just part of human activity. it’s how we behave. like how ants have ant hills and so forth

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

Admiral Ray posted:

Quetzadilla posted:

foh with this dumb d&d bullshit.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

:nws: Four Loko Fleshlight :nws:
lol have we reached peak bro?

“BRUH! Pizzaslime has brought together the legends that are Four Loko and Fleshlight for something so good, you’ll want to stick your dick in it (not actually sure what else you would do with it, LOL). If you’re reading this, the official and super-rare Four Loko x Fleshlight Sex In A Can collab is within reach. But don’t delay - this amalgam of your two favourite brands is only available for a limited run. So what are you waiting for?! GO LOKO!”

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

euphronius posted:

I think this is the take away yes

laws are just part of human activity. it’s how we behave. like how ants have ant hills and so forth

have you ever considered if ants have laws?

i bet they do; i'm sure that ant traffic and moving codes are incredibly complex, far beyond what we could reckon

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Raising stamp prices requires congress. :psyduck:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

Pick none of that means anything, it can all go away in a flash if that's what needs to happen to protect the interests of capital

The law is an absolute joke and isn't designed to and never will work for people like us, least of all financial regulations. There's a literal lawyer replying who agrees with me

EBSA is the sole fed agency monitoring and enforcing compliance with every ERISA plan (401Ks, pension plans, etc).

It has less than 1000 employees.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

atelier morgan posted:

ah, that's your objection :allears:

Ah well... nevertheless

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Penisaurus Sex posted:

have you ever considered if ants have laws?

i bet they do; i'm sure that ant traffic and moving codes are incredibly complex, far beyond what we could reckon

if by law you mean instinctual social construct used by gregarious animals then yes

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

IRA's are a scam from when they killed pensions and decided on a way to force people to invest in the market. The fact that it is useful to some workers doesn't change the fact that it's primary function is yet another giveaway to the rich.

A sane society would have good pensions or social security actually good enough to retire on instead of IRA s. If you want to invest your extra money in stocks that's fine, but lol forever that average workers are forced to do that to have a retirement.

WorldsStongestNerd fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Apr 24, 2020

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Pick posted:

What is the mechanism for any... entity? Particularly a corporation, to remove your own personal money from any account where the assets are in your name*. Your 401 is associated with your employer. The funds are not held by or accessible to your employer. It's like saying that if the economy gets bad enough, Congress will let Pepsi arbitrarily withdraw from your checking account.

*which, as noted, you will always have the right to have in a cash equivalent.

Your talking about trustees. The mechanism for keeping tabs on them and monitoring is EBSA.

Reference my earlier post.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Pick posted:

It's sort of clever, you set it up so the only legislation you'll accept is legislation that will never exist (in some cases because it would be impossible to actually legislate or construct legislation for), so in the meantime any other laws that exist or things the government does are illegitimate. So you get to enjoy the libertarianism without copping to it under the guise of leftism. hence all the "dunks" on "lanyards" etc. huh! :thunk:

you’re a moron who thinks autistic people are all mass murderers

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Admiral Ray posted:

squizzle doesn't like when people bandy about the phrase neo-nazi, which is a good thing imo.

pick would love the T4 program so I’m not sure what the issue actually is

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
this poo poo is boring who cares

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

you’re a moron who thinks autistic people are all mass murderers

what the gently caress....? if this is true, that’s EXTREMELY hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Shageletic posted:

Your talking about trustees. The mechanism for keeping tabs on them and monitoring is EBSA.

Reference my earlier post.

factually true but the point is the trustee can't and won't remove assets from you--the account owner-- and randomly grant access to your employer so they can change/withdraw it

it doesn't take much manpower to ensure that trustees exist and are not giving away the money randomly to someone it doesn't belong to