Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Halser posted:

Overconfidence I guess
There's also the chance he's a moron

Either a severe case of overconfidence or... PF was getting really near something very very serious for the Bolsonaros and not replacing Valeixo was really not an option

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

dumbassery and overconfidence love to walk hand in hand

but yeah, this is the first major rupture of the moralist front; Moro is seen as far more "credible" and hopefully his wounded pride actually helps throwing more fuel to the fire

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Plutonis posted:

Why is that account posting it though, that is an artist for Brasil 247 (Pro PT site)

I assume it's like nearly every other boomer account on which it can sometimes rt jokeposts and so on.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

https://twitter.com/perrart/status/1253700029983924225?s=19

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
bolsonaro is going to push back soon and it will be fun to see

moro was in full opposition mode and way harsher than I expected and it might have been an unexpected move from him catching bolsonaro unprepared

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

nerdz posted:

bolsonaro is going to push back soon and it will be fun to see

moro was in full opposition mode and way harsher than I expected and it might have been an unexpected move from him catching bolsonaro unprepared

Yep

https://twitter.com/jairbolsonaro/status/1253724196003295232

spivak
May 19, 2010
The thing is: there is nothing that Bolsonaro can possibly say that would make him look better, but his dumbass is way too blind to see this.

This would be a nightmare even for a skilled politician, and we are talking about probably the dumbest world leader we have ever seen.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

bolsonaro still thinks he can trump this out, but he is no trump

spivak
May 19, 2010

dead gay comedy forums posted:

bolsonaro still thinks he can trump this out, but he is no trump

This still amazes me. Trump is always painted as the retarded brain-worms president, but he managed to make the republican establishment into his bitch. Why is Bolsonaro so ineffectual? He had a supermajority on congress AND a majority on senate, and managed to squander it all following crazy people like Olavo de Carvalho. It really amazes me comparing the two dumb presidents, and maybe it's just my vira-lata complex, but our seems to be orders of magnitude dumber

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

spivak posted:

This still amazes me. Trump is always painted as the retarded brain-worms president, but he managed to make the republican establishment into his bitch. Why is Bolsonaro so ineffectual? He had a supermajority on congress AND a majority on senate, and managed to squander it all following crazy people like Olavo de Carvalho. It really amazes me comparing the two dumb presidents, and maybe it's just my vira-lata complex, but our seems to be orders of magnitude dumber

brazil seems like a much harder country to not govern - there are different bases of power, and bolsie seems to have convictions that trump just doesn't

so trump can say whatever and let his cobble of plutocrats run the country for their own benefit, actually following through on that stuff means having to cross powerful interests. bolsonaro is loving up by putting actions to his words, basically

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

spivak posted:

A large part of it is the fact that Brazil is a multiparty system and doesn't use districts.

Republicans fall behind Trump because if they cross him he will boost a primary challenger. There isn't the same disciplining mechanism in Brazil, because since its not district level voting you don't get to vote against someone, and if a party removes you from commissions and committees, you just jump to another party.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

spivak posted:

Trump is always painted as the retarded brain-worms president

Trump is a savant, much like Dustin Hoffmann's famous character in Rain Man

Bolsonaro is just a loving dumbass

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
I feel like US politics are extremely disfunctional in a "stability at all costs for the status quo" way while ours is the exact opposite

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Also Im very curious to see who Bolsonaro is going to find to replace Moro

Anyone who gets his job now will have no credibility whatsoever

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

and the panelaço begins again

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

https://twitter.com/i/status/1253776864184872960

lmao

spivak
May 19, 2010
He is claiming that he turned off the heating of his pool to lead by example.

Jesus, this is dumb as gently caress

spivak
May 19, 2010
He is talking about Inmetro, what a dumbass

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

nerdz posted:

I feel like US politics are extremely disfunctional in a "stability at all costs for the status quo" way while ours is the exact opposite

going through this angle I would say that both are very similar, however, for the USA is the maintenance of the neoliberal order through their control over international capital, while in our case is to never leave the condition of a secondary exploitation economy

every single leadership that attempted otherwise was pretty much considered heinous in every account: Vargas, Kubitschek (who was loving lmao a liberal) and Lula were responsible for trying different things in a national stage and welp

(there is Arthur Bernardes too, who kinda predicted the Great Depression and defended a massive industrial effort along with an agricultural revolution in the Cerrado hinterlands in order to achieve economic independence)

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
The whole thing is just unbelievable

edit: https://twitter.com/pblnns/status/1253786070354886657

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
very weak showing from bolsonaro, clearly caught with his pants down. unspinnable. almost makes me hopeful here

we'll see if moro is going to take further steps from now on to posture himself as opposition or just gently caress off, I'll take either

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Well, he basically called Moro a liar an accused him of blackmail. Also confessed everything Moro accused him for, and than denied everything. It was that and half an hour of incoherent babbling

And Moro is already firing back

https://twitter.com/SF_Moro/status/1253793469627326464

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

lmao

Maia can get them owned by next week if he wants to

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Elias_Maluco posted:

Well, he basically called Moro a liar an accused him of blackmail. Also confessed everything Moro accused him for, and than denied everything. It was that and half an hour of incoherent babbling

And Moro is already firing back

https://twitter.com/SF_Moro/status/1253793469627326464

just absolutely unforced errors like namedropping Marielle completely unprompted. Good move associating this speech and moment with her

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous

now THATS a big brain U turn

into a crash and burn

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

nerdz posted:

just absolutely unforced errors like namedropping Marielle completely unprompted. Good move associating this speech and moment with her

l m a o

imagine him getting cross-examined by a psychoanalyst, rip

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

bagual posted:

now THATS a big brain U turn

into a crash and burn

Just gotta have to suck that government tit as long as you can

It gave the dude a mansion in Brasilia after all

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
just laughing at the minions on my FB that usually spam forwards all asking for people to stay calm and take some time to analyze the situation

ie wait for the narrative push from whatsapp

spivak
May 19, 2010

nerdz posted:

just laughing at the minions on my FB that usually spam forwards all asking for people to stay calm and take some time to analyze the situation

ie wait for the narrative push from whatsapp

This seems unspinable though, as the poster above was saying. Like, there is no way to turn on Moro now without heavy losses, I would say

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

There was a light attempt at trying to spin that here as him just being "someone else who left the administration" and trying to make his concerns somewhat petty When Compared To Corona, which means Bolso's influence still hasn't dissipated on the portuguese commentariat.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Maan, Brazil is some WILD poo poo.

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous

Dias posted:

Maan, Brazil is some WILD poo poo.

sure is, this motherfucker for example is wearing socks to a live address to the nation

https://twitter.com/menezes_barboza/status/1253791233803202560

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

bagual posted:

sure is, this motherfucker for example is wearing socks to a live address to the nation

https://twitter.com/menezes_barboza/status/1253791233803202560

Covid's on fire
Paulo Guedes is terrified

man this country is such a trainwreck i don't even know how to react to poo poo anymore

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Dias posted:

man this country is such a trainwreck i don't even know how to react to poo poo anymore

Macunaíma and Tim Maia were extremely right all along

the ultimate lesson about Brazil is that everything goes to poo poo if you decide to be extremely moral and serious about it

thus I am eagerly awaiting the ultimate presidential campaign of the current republican era: Romário

Global Disorder
Jan 9, 2020
Christ, I still can't believe yesterday happened. Who'd have thought a country's self-destruction could be that crazy?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Honestly, the political implosion is welcome, it's almost entertaining, it keeps me from stressing out about the pandemic or more important stuff like Babu's forthcoming elimination from BBB.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Moro is already hitting hard with receipts

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
It's so loving obvious globo is going to go full "Collor in 1989" levels of support for Moro president. That Moro had already interfered in favor of Bolsonaro in the PSL laranjas investigation has already been memoryholed.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

goddamnit brazil i just woke up

https://theintercept.com/2020/04/25/flavio-bolsonaro-rachadinha-financiou-milicia/

an expose on Flavio Bolsonaro having helped the Rio militia buy buildings illegally, according to an investigation

The headline is a quote from Queiroz, his driver and probably accomplice: "A comet-sized dick"

i love this country

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Greenwald is having a lot of fun pointing out that Globo accepted the Moro receipts without hesitation while always preceding reporting over Vaza Jato leaks by calling them 'supposed whatsapp messages'

e:

Plutonis has issued a correction as of 16:37 on Apr 25, 2020