Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

facetoucher cat posted:

https://twitter.com/TODAYonline/status/1252771874989203457

Let the culling of celebrities begin, sorry we had to start here

lol Q people are going to be normal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

seattle plague rat posted:

lol u got prescribed a salt lick

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo
Bean talk has been on the wane, but I have bean wisdom to share. To wit, if you have dry beans, and you just don't loving know how to transform them into hot, tasty fiber, here's what you do:

Get a pound of dry beans, and pick through them. Get rid of beans with broken skins, beans that are shriveled, beans that cry out to you in strange voices, beans that only you can see and nobody else in the room, and beans that remind you of your dead lover. Cursed beans cook just fine but honestly it's not worth having cursed burritos on the other end. Also, the shriveled ones turn into loving rocks and sometimes you bite them and it's horrible.

Put the beans in a really big pot. Cover them with 2-3 inches of water, and bring it to a boil. Boil them for two minutes, turn off the heat, cover the pot, and walk off for two hours. Play a video game that only partly satisfies you. Stare outside. Pet your cat absently and mentally construct a dovecote or a poison garden outside your stale, tiny apartment. Shake off your reverie, write in your journal about what is to come, come back inside, and tend to your beans.

Bring the beans back up to a boil and partially cover them this time. Check every 15 minutes or so; taste your cooking beans, and once they're tender to a level that you like, turn off the heat and get ready for THE GREAT PACKING. Basically you want containers for your beans that contain an amount you'd use in a typical recipe (for most beans it's gonna be dividing your dry pound into 3-4 cooked portions) PLUS room for bean juice. Myself, I mostly cook black beans and divide them in 3. You want room in your storage to soak the beans in bean juice with a little room left over for freezing expansion, plus you're going to splash in some vinegar (it does not matter what kind)(In my case, I do a capful of rice vinegar, which I estimate to be roughly 1 tbsp). Goons will tell you bean juice is what farts are made of, but that's also where nutrition is stored. What's worse to you? Wasting away, pale and sad, or being strong and firm and farting like Hephaestus himself as he works his mighty volcanic forge? I know where I've thrown my lot in.

Anyway, shove those containers in your freezer, they'll take about a day to defrost when you need them, and you will. You'll need beans.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

please clap is spreading

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

Man Musk posted:

Just disappointed there is no place to stream ❤️ CHINATOWN and I know I will get made fun of if I watch once upon a time in Hollywood again

If you absolutely must watch a Polanski film please make the ethical choice and steal it.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

facetoucher cat posted:

https://twitter.com/TODAYonline/status/1252771874989203457

Let the culling of celebrities begin, sorry we had to start here

we’re all tom hanks now

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

aers posted:

please clap is spreading

jeb was a visionary

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

atomicgeek posted:

Bean talk has been on the wane, but I have bean wisdom to share. To wit, if you have dry beans, and you just don't loving know how to transform them into hot, tasty fiber, here's what you do:

Get a pound of dry beans, and pick through them. Get rid of beans with broken skins, beans that are shriveled, beans that cry out to you in strange voices, beans that only you can see and nobody else in the room, and beans that remind you of your dead lover. Cursed beans cook just fine but honestly it's not worth having cursed burritos on the other end. Also, the shriveled ones turn into loving rocks and sometimes you bite them and it's horrible.

Put the beans in a really big pot. Cover them with 2-3 inches of water, and bring it to a boil. Boil them for two minutes, turn off the heat, cover the pot, and walk off for two hours. Play a video game that only partly satisfies you. Stare outside. Pet your cat absently and mentally construct a dovecote or a poison garden outside your stale, tiny apartment. Shake off your reverie, write in your journal about what is to come, come back inside, and tend to your beans.

Bring the beans back up to a boil and partially cover them this time. Check every 15 minutes or so; taste your cooking beans, and once they're tender to a level that you like, turn off the heat and get ready for THE GREAT PACKING. Basically you want containers for your beans that contain an amount you'd use in a typical recipe (for most beans it's gonna be dividing your dry pound into 3-4 cooked portions) PLUS room for bean juice. Myself, I mostly cook black beans and divide them in 3. You want room in your storage to soak the beans in bean juice with a little room left over for freezing expansion, plus you're going to splash in some vinegar (it does not matter what kind)(In my case, I do a capful of rice vinegar, which I estimate to be roughly 1 tbsp). Goons will tell you bean juice is what farts are made of, but that's also where nutrition is stored. What's worse to you? Wasting away, pale and sad, or being strong and firm and farting like Hephaestus himself as he works his mighty volcanic forge? I know where I've thrown my lot in.

Anyway, shove those containers in your freezer, they'll take about a day to defrost when you need them, and you will. You'll need beans.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

jebtradamus

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Doctor looming over dying covid patient, withholding care.

You should have clapped.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

I leave feeling pretty good and go home and just loving annihilate some leftover taco meat with a heaping spoon of salt and I feel like a million bucks.

Absolutely wild. And that's why I owe the ER $2,000. Salt paranoia.

would have recommended LGMA therapy for a small fraction of that

I mean I'd have paid you a fair price but not $2000

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

now i'm wondering how covid has affected the top scorers in those pre-show games

speaking of, I better uninstall my theater app before they sell everyone's data in desperation

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

BONGHITZ posted:

i eat trash and i love it, dominos pizza every day

dominos is not trash it is king

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Homeless Friend posted:

Doctor looming over dying covid patient, withholding care.

You should have clapped.

look at me

im the doctor now

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

🎉 200,000 Worldwide Deaths! 🎉

corn haver
Mar 28, 2020

atomicgeek posted:

Bring the beans back up to a boil and partially cover them this time. Check every 15 minutes or so; taste your cooking beans, and once they're tender to a level that you like, turn off the heat and get ready for THE GREAT PACKING. Basically you want containers for your beans that contain an amount you'd use in a typical recipe (for most beans it's gonna be dividing your dry pound into 3-4 cooked portions) PLUS room for bean juice. Myself, I mostly cook black beans and divide them in 3. You want room in your storage to soak the beans in bean juice with a little room left over for freezing expansion, plus you're going to splash in some vinegar (it does not matter what kind). Goons will tell you bean juice is what farts are made of, but that's also where nutrition is stored. What's worse to you? Wasting away, pale and sad, or being strong and firm and farting like Hephaestus himself as he works his mighty volcanic forge? I know where I've thrown my lot in.

if someone can't figure out bean (with the caveat of under-cooked bean toxicity being a real thing) they are beyond saving

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

i think of demons posted:

if someone can't figure out bean (with the caveat of under-cooked bean toxicity being a real thing) they are beyond saving

Yeah but do you assume they're idiots, full stop, or do you assume they're probably okay but have a pound of dry beans in one hand and terror in the other?

I want to spread knowledge, and zen.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Dilemma: I haven't left the block I live on since March, when I wore mask/goggles/rain jacket with hood cinched down/nitrile gloves (wear cotton mask when stepping off lawn to walk around with my kid, but I have n95s too)

But I'm almost out of weed (been using it for IBS due to anxiety about everyone I know dying) and just got my medical card reactivated in the system. Can't send the wife to pick it up and no delivery

What to do

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

Dilemma: I haven't left the block I live on since March, when I wore mask/goggles/rain jacket with hood cinched down/nitrile gloves (wear cotton mask when stepping off lawn to walk around with my kid, but I have n95s too)

But I'm almost out of weed (been using it for IBS due to anxiety about everyone I know dying) and just got my medical card reactivated in the system. Can't send the wife to pick it up and no delivery

What to do

Where are you in the world, friend

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

mastershakeman posted:

What to do

Gear up, kit your lads with bashers and cutters and seize what's yours by right. Same as any other day in the 'demic.

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

Can't guarantee but maybe somebody here can help you out

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Perfect time to learn how to grow op

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Google Butt posted:

lol we really are just completely hosed and there is no hope, that owns

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

a.lo posted:

dominos is not trash it is king

king of the trash heap

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
Can we, as a society, just agree to stop using the term "viral marketing" from now on?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

mastershakeman posted:

What to do

I mean I know your wife or some of your family might be susceptible to the virus, I've been out and about in the Chicago area without good PPE for the past month and I don't think I've caught it. Of course, I may have already had it back in mid February, but I wouldn't know for sure since I've never been tested.

So I think you'll be find if you just go to whatever weed store you normally use and just use your standard precautions, although I personally think you're going a little overboard with the goggles/hood cinched down stuff.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

mastershakeman posted:

What to do

ive gone to the nearest weed store (which is not the cheapest :sad:) twice now during quarantine, after i learned that smoking weed helps my asthma/allergies or whatever it is thats loving my breathing up

its been emptier than normal, every employee wears masks, they have 6 foot markers on the ground, they have curbside pickup for people who drive, they decommissioned the water cooler, and they make everyone who comes inside wash their hands before going up to the weed counter

...but then everyone shoves their newly washed hands into their filthy plague money pockets and puts their covid bucks on the same dirty counter and rubs their now unclean hands all over it and then the weed that they get, and then grabs the exit handle of the door

lmoa corona

corn haver
Mar 28, 2020

atomicgeek posted:

Yeah but do you assume they're idiots, full stop, or do you assume they're probably okay but have a pound of dry beans in one hand and terror in the other?

I want to spread knowledge, and zen.
i agree, spreading the knowledge on the back of a bag of la preferida pinto beans is an act of social responsibility

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

mastershakeman posted:

What to do

N95 plus goggles should be like good to go. Shave.

TMMadman posted:

So I think you'll be find if you just go to whatever weed store you normally use and just use your standard precautions, although I personally think you're going a little overboard with the goggles/hood cinched down stuff.

If it's not causing insane levels of heat stress it should probably be more common, it makes decontaminating yourself and your poo poo so much lower risk if you have somewhere to leave your plague coat to chill out I would think. This is a long term pandemic and good reusable PPE just seems smart.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

mastershakeman posted:

What to do

walk your printer to the local weedman (or weedgal :wink:)'s house

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lol tom hanks's wife's last name is wilson

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide

Rah! posted:

...but then everyone shoves their newly washed hands into their filthy plague money pockets and puts their covid bucks on the same dirty counter and rubs their now unclean hands all over it and then the weed that they get, and then grabs the exit handle of the door

lmoa corona

watching randoms wearing gloves while out shopping is hilarious and terrifying because they just do everything the same but they are wearing gloves

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Marx Headroom posted:

$34 for 25lbs of beans on meh.com today lads
holy poo poo

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

got any sevens posted:

watch who framed roger rabbit then

i like the colors in CHINATOWN

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Shear Modulus posted:

lol tom hanks's wife's last name is wilson

she makes the tennis rackets

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

703 posted:

watching randoms wearing gloves while out shopping is hilarious and terrifying because they just do everything the same but they are wearing gloves

can you pick your nose wearing gloves?

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

totally legit shopping websites: meh.com, woot.com, harumph.com

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Wrex Ruckus posted:

why did thread favorite BNO Newsroom stop tweeting?

TLDR the main guy who runs it had his dad die unexpectedly.

They are gonna be back up and running soon.

https://twitter.com/bnodesk/status/1254172259666837505?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

BONGHITZ posted:

totally legit shopping websites: meh.com, woot.com, harumph.com

tunfp.com