Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

biosterous

i went outside because it was really nice out! i finished reading utopia, and then i lay under a tree and looked at the sky through the branches. it was really good!

my favourite chocolate is super super dark, like 80-90% cocoa. my spouse sometimes gets it for me as a treat and it's great!

Manifisto posted:

really good dark chocolate can have an interesting fruitiness.

yes this!!! this is one of my favourite things about dark chocolate. there's the nice bitterness up front but you let it ride and melt and then you get this complex almost berry-like taste, it's just wonderful. sit with the chocolate melting on your tongue, close your eyes, and inhale deeply through your nose and focus on all the good tastes happening

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous

i am very happy with that snype

gallery of sigs

he/him

DreamingofRoses
I love everyone’s flowery sigs and the rolling cats.

The cat in the hammock is giving me late 90’s Geocities nostalgia in the best way.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

Goons Are Great posted:

Alright posting the lyrics of exactly the part of a song I'm hearing right now, guess what it is:

Nananananana nana-nanananana naaahaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaa

Easy one I know but I wanted to start small

katamari damacy?

alnilam

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

katamari damacy?

this or land of a thousand dances

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

I like european milk chocolate like milka but not herseys even though maybe they are all the same. My favorite not-fancy chocolate comes from Poland via my local iranian market and 'E. Wedel' is the brand and it is called 'mchzlocski czswyokltyzys' or whatever the polish for 'milk chocolate' is and I like it because it is not as sweet as some milk chocolate but also not as bitter alot of dark chocolate. It's like halfway between milk and dark chocolate and that's my chocolate sweet spot.

The same store has some russian chocolates and they are good too but I don't read cyrillic so I just grab one and hope its not too dark or full of beets or smelt or something, and if i ask the nice people that run the store which is which they're just like 'i dunno, some russians ask for it and buy it :confused:'

thank you all for reminding me that chocolate is good. im gonna eat some chocolate for my dessert tonight thanks to this thread's endorsement of chocolate.

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Finger Prince

I like dark chocolate but it makes me sneeze every time.

biosterous

what salad dressings do you orbs usually have? right now i have a bottle of raspberry vinaigrette that i am enjoying, i will probably buy more when it runs out

gallery of sigs

he/him

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

i am a vinaigrette enjoyer, my go to is a red wine dijon vinaigrette with scallions and it's great on most things

i also like sesame ginger dressing on most foods

Finger Prince

biosterous posted:

what salad dressings do you orbs usually have? right now i have a bottle of raspberry vinaigrette that i am enjoying, i will probably buy more when it runs out

Usually just Olive oil and a few splashes of balsamic, or sometimes rice vinegar if I don't have any. I don't like saucy salad. Sometimes I'll get fancy and shake together some fancy mustard, garlic paste, and other stuff with the oil and vinegar and make an actual dressing, but usually not.

Papa Was A Video Toaster

this poo poo

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

I always make my own because I don’t eat salad that much and don’t have room in the fridge for dressing. My current fav is walnut oil and sherry vinegar with garlic and Dijon and man is it Good.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

i gnaw my greens straight from the ground like a cow. only dressing i need is the morning mist

alnilam

I am a militant make your own dressing person. It's not hard at all and storebought stuff is like 90% sugar! Join me in my rebellion against the evil forces of Paul Newman etc

alnilam

jk i respect paul newman big time but not his dressing, nor any other store bought dressing

biosterous

newman's olive oil and vinegar dressing is very tasty and has no sugar :eng101:

gallery of sigs

he/him

Stoner Sloth

DreamingofRoses posted:

I love everyone’s flowery sigs and the rolling cats.

The cat in the hammock is giving me late 90’s Geocities nostalgia in the best way.

i remember your cats, they are very excellent and have good names!!

also some pro tier salad dressings itt

on the question of dark vs milk chocolate - definitely like the dark chocolate in general but milk chocolate can be good

there's a new zealand brand called Whittakers that makes milk chocolate with manuka honey and nelson pear and a little taste of caramel that is really good imo

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Manifisto

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

I always make my own because I don’t eat salad that much and don’t have room in the fridge for dressing. My current fav is walnut oil and sherry vinegar with garlic and Dijon and man is it Good.

this sounds really good. I've gotten turned on to sherry vinegar in the past year or so, it's great for making gambas al ajillo when you don't have actual sherry on hand, and I should try it for this purpose. I have not really tried walnut oil but it sounds interesting. I agree that dijon really makes a dressing, my sort of lazy go-to is evoo; a few drops of balsamic, cider, or red wine vinegar; dijon; possibly some garlic or, if feeling extra lazy, some garlic powder; freshly ground pepper (lots); salt; and often some kinda herb, with tarragon or oregano being common choices.

ty nesamdoom!

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Tonight! 10 PM Central (Sunday 3AM GMT)
That's in about 2 hours from now!

Freaked (1993)

Chopping Mall (1986)

Showing on my channel: http://psp-tv.com/r/byob3k

Hope you can join us!

Shifty Nipples

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Weedcrime and chickies??? You never really left friend, you just carried the 'yob with you.

Yeah I just felt really un-chill for a while and I would never want to poison a chill zone like this.

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

Manifisto

thanks for putting this together! it's always fun to revisit past threads and that one really did have some great stuff, excellent choice.

ty nesamdoom!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Manifisto posted:

this sounds really good. I've gotten turned on to sherry vinegar in the past year or so, it's great for making gambas al ajillo when you don't have actual sherry on hand, and I should try it for this purpose. I have not really tried walnut oil but it sounds interesting. I agree that dijon really makes a dressing, my sort of lazy go-to is evoo; a few drops of balsamic, cider, or red wine vinegar; dijon; possibly some garlic or, if feeling extra lazy, some garlic powder; freshly ground pepper (lots); salt; and often some kinda herb, with tarragon or oregano being common choices.

Yeah it’s really pretty good. Nice with nutty stuff like arugula etc. I got the recipe from a Jacques pepin shrimp patty (was a disappointment) on top of salad. Overall it was underwhelming but the sherry vinegar/walnut oil dresssing stuck around! I haven’t tried just sherry vinegar and olive oil but I bet it would be good too. Starting to cook with brown fortified wines and their byproducts really is a pro-move. Those things have got so dang much flavor in them

Robot Made of Meat

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

i gnaw my greens straight from the ground like a cow. only dressing i need is the morning mist

Dope Fiend Killa G: Naked, moist, and gnawing on plants.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

I like european milk chocolate like milka but not herseys even though maybe they are all the same.
When I was in school in England, an American moved to my town. He brought a Hershey bar to school to let people try it. It was universally reviled, largely because it was loving disgusting and tasted like wax, which even the cheapest garbage chocolate of the UK was infinitely better than.

But I don't know now, probably Hershey has got better and chocolate elsewhere has got worse, in the decades since.

Edit: in those days I guess it actually had to be listed on the ingredients, because it said "paraffin wax" right on there. Apparently it's still an ingredient but now covered up under one of those generic "additives" umbrella words.

roomforthetuna fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Apr 26, 2020

Manifisto

roomforthetuna posted:

When I was in school in England, an American moved to my town. He brought a Hershey bar to school to let people try it. It was universally reviled, largely because it was loving disgusting and tasted like wax, which even the cheapest garbage chocolate of the UK was infinitely better than.

But I don't know now, probably Hershey has got better and chocolate elsewhere has got worse, in the decades since.

there is a very popular theory (held by many experts, it's not just a wild guess, but trade secrets make confirmation difficult) that hershey adds butyric acid to its chocolate, or else uses processes that result in the production of butyric acid. it is a distinct sour taste, it's found in parmesan cheese but also in vomit so, y'know, depending on your food associations over your lifetime can come across as quite unpleasant. apparently much more so for europeans who are not used to those flavors in chocolate. I guess americans who are used to it actually have some preference for it? I dunno, I don't eat hershey's chocolate anymore, and this theory makes me all that much more uninterested.

ty nesamdoom!

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Manifisto posted:

there is a very popular theory (held by many experts, it's not just a wild guess, but trade secrets make confirmation difficult) that hershey adds butyric acid to its chocolate, or else uses processes that result in the production of butyric acid. it is a distinct sour taste, it's found in parmesan cheese but also in vomit so, y'know, depending on your food associations over your lifetime can come across as quite unpleasant. apparently much more so for europeans who are not used to those flavors in chocolate. I guess americans who are used to it actually have some preference for it? I dunno, I don't eat hershey's chocolate anymore, and this theory makes me all that much more uninterested.
Interesting, that *does* sound more like the flavor in question - "earwax" was how we described it at the time. I had just assumed it was paraffin wax because that was the unfamiliar thing on the ingredients list.

Escape From Noise

TVsVeryOwn posted:

at first i was afraid, i was crucified

City of Glompton

hi i liked the chicken pics thanx for posting shifty nipples

i had a nice night and drank rum and coke and listened to a little waylon and willie and played my guitar on the deck and ate chicken tendies and watched more avatar the last airbender

real good day today.

i like cheese fantastico dressing and i guess i could make it myself. maybe after all this nonsense is cooled off a bit i'll try that

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Trying

I'm only technically and legally drunk. You can't fire me for that

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

alnilam posted:

I am a militant make your own dressing person. It's not hard at all and storebought stuff is like 90% sugar! Join me in my rebellion against the evil forces of Paul Newman etc

100% in, i do not like sugary dressings

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

oh but seriously I posted:

I'm only technically and legally drunk. You can't fire me for that

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

i am awaiting the opening of the store so that i can obtain necessary supplies. after losing almost 24 hours to a stress fugue i need to actually do something.

Escape From Noise

I mostly use my own balsamic vinaigrette. But, as awful as I'm sure it is, I do like the Japanese sesame dressing. It goes well on side salads when I do curry!

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
Good morbning.

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
who's been posting in my forum
posting what iiiiiiiiii post
when I don't post it

take the moon

by sebmojo
i like hershey puke chocolate

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

take the moon

by sebmojo
i will eat it literally all day over other chocolate. yes i am conditioned to taste of puke and demand it in my xhoxolATE. the chocolate has won. i eat puke and love it. thanx

----------------

take the moon

by sebmojo
catch me eating puke and making bad posts. its my brand. the bad posts never stop and neither does the flow of puke into my mouth in strange reversal of norm causality

----------------

Shifty Nipples

City of Glompton posted:

hi i liked the chicken pics thanx for posting shifty nipples

i had a nice night and drank rum and coke and listened to a little waylon and willie and played my guitar on the deck and ate chicken tendies and watched more avatar the last airbender

real good day today.

i like cheese fantastico dressing and i guess i could make it myself. maybe after all this nonsense is cooled off a bit i'll try that

I like your username it makes me imagine Eazy-E Dr.Dre and Ice Cube going around giving surprise hugs to people

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

i feel like posting a thread but i am lazy and anxious