Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

made pea soup from the Easter hambone today, but with it went the last of my fresh mirepoix ingredients and veggies besides onions

the first major gap in my pantry reveals itself...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Seems like the effects of all those Easter gatherings is kicking in

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Ive only gotten so-so veggies & fruits twice and I’ve used curbside and/or delivery for years. They weren’t even bad, just not my ideal. It’s not a valid reason to go into a store in a pandemic imo.

We had one like food service company that would dump lovely ones on us at a supply boat company bc we were always headed offshore and couldn't do much, but we were apparently one of their largest accounts and basically owned the poo poo out of them by ditching them lmao

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
if it was me in the white house press corps room iwould tell that man (donal trump the president of the united states)

"lick my rear end buddy"

what could he do? let him stew in it, ialready said it

Coatlicue
Sep 14, 2012

it doesn't matter
how fast or how far,
you're still runnin' like a fool
Reading a collection of Pablo Neruda's poetry.
Good stuff:

What we know comes to so little,
what we presume is so much,
what we learn, so laborious,
we can only ask quesions and die.
Better save all our pride
for the city of the dead
and the day of carrion:
there, when the wind shifts
through the hollows of your skull
it will show you all manner of
enigmatical things, whispering truths in the
void where your ears used to be.

From "Flies Enter a Closed Mouth" (1958)

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

that's not including if the US opens up

the Y-axis just gave me a stroke

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Bilirubin posted:

the Y-axis just gave me a stroke

That's a log axis, it's hyper common. Go retake high school math.

mystes
May 31, 2006

spaceblancmange posted:

Imagine how big your brain must have to be to predict this
If it was really big, they wouldn't be showing people wearing proper PPE in the picture.

Ayin
Jan 6, 2010

Have a great day.
need this in the style of

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

aren’t total tests daily a pretty lovely metric because some states just dump many days worth of negatives at a time,

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

what's up

The Vinja Ninja
Mar 16, 2006

Sometimes, time beats you.

mycomancy posted:

That's a log axis, it's hyper common. Go retake high school math.

Its-a-bad chart

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

got any sevens posted:

they're getting a dose of what they signed up for real fast

Yeah this is like a standard weekend in an infantry battalion

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

number of cases

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ringo Roadagain posted:

aren’t total tests daily a pretty lovely metric because some states just dump many days worth of negatives at a time,

it's one of those 'they are and they aren't' things. They are in the sense that yea one state deciding to 'update' their numbers over the weekend to go 'oh yea turns out all these old people in the nursing home DID die of the rona, woopsie', but also it's still a pretty rough jump because even if that is the explanation then we're talking about a poo poo load of hidden deaths. It's a bad thing regardless, even if it's not a 100% rock solid trendline

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Yeah the CBO claiming the unemployment and economy will turn around in 1 quarter / 3rd Quarter looks like a garbage prediction given real world history,

etalian has issued a correction as of 03:25 on Apr 26, 2020

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

eric ciaramella posted:

number of cases

hmm

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Lmao millions of people met their terminal end because some rich assholes wanted to impress their friends at dinner

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Man Musk posted:

Lmao millions of people met their terminal end because some rich assholes wanted to impress their friends at dinner

Imagine not flying all over the world coughing on every one

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

atomicgeek posted:

Bean talk has been on the wane, but I have bean wisdom to share. To wit, if you have dry beans, and you just don't loving know how to transform them into hot, tasty fiber, here's what you do:

Get a pound of dry beans, and pick through them. Get rid of beans with broken skins, beans that are shriveled, beans that cry out to you in strange voices, beans that only you can see and nobody else in the room, and beans that remind you of your dead lover. Cursed beans cook just fine but honestly it's not worth having cursed burritos on the other end. Also, the shriveled ones turn into loving rocks and sometimes you bite them and it's horrible.

Put the beans in a really big pot. Cover them with 2-3 inches of water, and bring it to a boil. Boil them for two minutes, turn off the heat, cover the pot, and walk off for two hours. Play a video game that only partly satisfies you. Stare outside. Pet your cat absently and mentally construct a dovecote or a poison garden outside your stale, tiny apartment. Shake off your reverie, write in your journal about what is to come, come back inside, and tend to your beans.

Bring the beans back up to a boil and partially cover them this time. Check every 15 minutes or so; taste your cooking beans, and once they're tender to a level that you like, turn off the heat and get ready for THE GREAT PACKING. Basically you want containers for your beans that contain an amount you'd use in a typical recipe (for most beans it's gonna be dividing your dry pound into 3-4 cooked portions) PLUS room for bean juice. Myself, I mostly cook black beans and divide them in 3. You want room in your storage to soak the beans in bean juice with a little room left over for freezing expansion, plus you're going to splash in some vinegar (it does not matter what kind)(In my case, I do a capful of rice vinegar, which I estimate to be roughly 1 tbsp). Goons will tell you bean juice is what farts are made of, but that's also where nutrition is stored. What's worse to you? Wasting away, pale and sad, or being strong and firm and farting like Hephaestus himself as he works his mighty volcanic forge? I know where I've thrown my lot in.

Anyway, shove those containers in your freezer, they'll take about a day to defrost when you need them, and you will. You'll need beans.

HORSEGAZEBO

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Man Musk posted:

Also because countries didn't want to shut down horrible rich people hang out spots like the golf country club or ski lodge.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Ringo Roadagain posted:

They've been higher for several days in a row now though

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

haven't driven my lovely car in a few days. some bitch rear end mouse made a nest in my air filter and made it smell like mouse piss when you turn on the vent. rodent rear end piece of poo poo. in conclusion, crush car culture

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007

Spinz posted:

I dropped 35 lbs just walking fast and gorging on veggies. The beauty of salads and veggies is you can eat a fuckton and still lose weight.

Here, did you make the veggies into stews etc. or just roast them plain? I should give this a go but my palate is poo poo and any way of increasing the chance of me sticking to it would help I feel. Also what vegetables did you find yourself eating most frequently?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Farm Frenzy posted:

if there isnt a coup after this the us military are the biggest cucks of all time. of all time

the generals are such loving wusses lmao

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Beachcomber posted:

Are prepared subs safe for consumption? I really want one, but have been resisting because they aren't heated. And heating would ruin them.

Food is safe if it's been heated or left alone for a week, and only then.

You're taking a risk at all other times, and you have to ask yourself how likely is it the staff at the location you're ordering from would work through illness and how strict the restaurant's hygiene standards are.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/cd_hooks/status/1254174003146743808

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/WOWK13News/status/1254239544460947457?s=20

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1253921591253139456

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

roni break. Look at this couples happy relationship puff piece get them owned.

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

dear mr chomo,

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Inceltown posted:

lowtax made a property app? where can i get it

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Inceltown posted:

lol

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Rookoo posted:

Here, did you make the veggies into stews etc. or just roast them plain? I should give this a go but my palate is poo poo and any way of increasing the chance of me sticking to it would help I feel. Also what vegetables did you find yourself eating most frequently?

Well I don't know what you mean by palate is poo poo. I roasted carrots, sweet potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, zuchinni, and onions after sprinkling with olive oil. Whatever they had I bought. Almost doesn't matter with veggies. 375 ish on a cookie sheet on parchment paper, easy clean up

And I sauteed in olive oil kale, leeks, bok choy, onions etc
And put this ^ cold atop lettuces

In addition I ate raw veggies too. The roasted and sauteed veggies are genuinely good and again you can eat a HUGE amount of veggies and not go high in calories. No dip or anything. Ate an avocado a day too for fat.

I'm blessed with loving veggies. Besides this I ate fruit and roasted chicken. We all know how to eat right. I knew that I really really was going to eat a lot (I had quit smoking) so I made sure I had plenty of veggies to eat. It really worked.

Good luck, pm if you want.

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

Inceltown posted:

unfortunate

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

they're just offensively bad at sex to the point police have to arrest them

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

So brave! Getting America Back 👏 To 👏 Work 👏

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Inceltown posted:

When did the forums get a property app? :thunk: