Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

cyka blyat posted:

It's really irresponsible to recommend benzos in this threas, even jokingly.

To those reading: DO NOT TAKE BENZOS FOR FUN. EVER.

That poo poo will ruin you. You will gain a dependency real quickly. It is not like weed.

Just smoke weed to relax. Dont gently caress with pills.

seconded it, these are dangerous AF. They are super addictive and I'm not a doctor but IIRC you take them once and you're addicted.

e: go back and read my horror story if you need to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Pardot posted:

You know they felt super clever when they ordered this

ive been buying corona lately cause im also extremely clever

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

facetoucher cat posted:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/22-Woodlane-Dr-Newnan-GA-30263/61222107_zpid/

someone buy me this house, hell, a few of us can come live it it. It's not totally finished so we can finish it then totally gently caress it up

Wow, almost every part of that house can kill you. Covid haus rocks!

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/FarangisN/status/1254309348886614016?s=19

Dancer
May 23, 2011
I just remembered there's a second angel in my house and the two of them look great together.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/theadvocatebr/status/1254150236978757633

quote:

Rev. Tony Spell has been placed on house arrest, East Baton Rouge Parish District Attorney Hillar Moore said. A judge on Friday, April 24, asked Spell if he’d comply with state orders that limit the number of people who can gather in one place at the same time.
Spell replied by quoting a bible verse, Moore said.

Moore said Spell remained silent when asked a second time. The judge interpreted Spell’s silence to mean he would not comply with those state orders.

District Attorney Moore said Spell choosing to remain silent will likely present a contempt of court issue that will need to be addressed. Moore said efforts by his office to have Spell’s bond revoked are still pending in court

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

re ben carson

he is incredibly skilled at a very specific field of medicine that has very few people in it due to the attrition of pursuing that career. say he graduates at 21, goes right into med school, gets out 23/24, then jumps right into a 7 year residency (general surgery and neuro) and THEN does another 2 years of pediatric neuro.

That's how you get there at 33. That's insanity. You have to be a sociopath to do that and completed devoted to that and nothing else.

And surgeons are the dumbest people in medicine too but that's another conversation. for the record the smartest docs are infectious disease.

I had a professor who was an old burned out surgeon that was chief resident at Texas Christian which is a giant loving hospital in Houston. Got to the last year of her residency, took time off to have a kid, and then quit. Couldn't do it anymore. The reason she quit is because they wanted her to do another 2-3 years for pediatric neurology because there just aren't that many of them.

She was hilarious by the way and her stories were amazing. when she first started as a resident they would have them stitch up the drunks on saturday night. back then they were allowed to suture the patients ears to the sheets, so if they woke up and started getting rowdy they'd calm down real fast.

anyway my point is for him to get to that position at all means he has no abilities in anything else. That's not an insult; it's just the truth of the matter.

now yeah having someone with a medical background who can look at and interpret data would be a vast improvement, but Carson has completely sold out and will say whatever trump tells him to. Then trump can just look at some female reporter and scoff "well he's a brain surgeon are you a brain surgeon?" because it sounds good for medicine.

both the docs we have in this thread have more relevant experience

like after typing all this out i really don't know how much of an improvement he is over anyone

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

facetoucher cat posted:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/22-Woodlane-Dr-Newnan-GA-30263/61222107_zpid/

someone buy me this house, hell, a few of us can come live it it. It's not totally finished so we can finish it then totally gently caress it up

i love this aesthetic, it's a perfect house/fortress/library from the 80s. and the bridge over the indoor pool is genius.

Dancer posted:

I just remembered there's a second angel in my house and the two of them look great together.

:3: adorable, and the catte is beautiful too

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Going outside will cause another spike? Guys, we're past the peak. They wouldent call it the peak if there was another, larger peak looming in the distance. Peak = passed, so now things = normal.

Everyone is under the impression this is a one time temporary thing. When it takes off again in a month people are not going to accept being told to get back inside.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/jeremyhobson/status/1254411723454513152

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao Trump and the Chud states are going to do it!

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

re ben carson

he is incredibly skilled at a very specific field of medicine that has very few people in it

The same Ben Carson famous for separating two twins joined at the head who died right after?

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Nodelphi posted:

Wow, almost every part of that house can kill you. Covid haus rocks!

I like this death trap

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao at how mnuchin also selling that lie that double digit employment would get fixed in a few months.

Recovery has always been slower than the massive job losses we saw starting in March.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

i am harry posted:

The same Ben Carson famous for separating two twins joined at the head who died right after?

Well you don’t cut something in half and expect it to live. Babies aren’t earthworms.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

CODChimera posted:

I take Clonazepam sometimes but i dunno if it does anything

My mom has been taking that for nearly three years now. As of just two weeks ago, I'm finally down to giving her just .5 mg in the morning, down from .5mg in the morning and 1 mg at night, after nearly a year of watching and adjusting. When she has withdrawal, it ruins her. We've made so much progress, but it took a lot of effort to get here.

Yeah, benzos are no joke. gently caress 'em and the industry that has propped them up. Goddamn this country's lovely.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

mrmcd posted:

It's hilarious that America is so stupid and lazy that after like, one month of the first step of containment they just got bored and gave up.

Like we torpedoed our entire economy into a depression as step 1 for no reason because now all the extra people are gonna die anyway.

what do you expect people to do, just not go to a restaurant for a month?

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Acelerion posted:

Going outside will cause another spike? Guys, we're past the peak. They wouldent call it the peak if there was another, larger peak looming in the distance. Peak = passed, so now things = normal.

Everyone is under the impression this is a one time temporary thing. When it takes off again in a month people are not going to accept being told to get back inside.

lol we’re not going to have another lockdown. the argument will be “lockdowns dont work!”, though it wont matter what theyre argument is bc capitalism wont stop its gears again and no one will care

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Acelerion posted:

I suspect those "flatten the curve" graphs that they were nonstop shoving down everyone's throat for a few weeks back at the start of this might have unwittingly given people that impression. They did the job of convincing most people that they need to stay inside and self-isolate but I think they also accidentally convinced everyone that the virus is going to follow an exactly symmetrical bell curve and neatly disappear as quickly as it appeared in the first place:

........ which is just not going to be the case at all

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Yeah if you look at the graphs of countries like Italy and Spain which peaked a few weeks ago the tail-off is wayyyyyyyyslower that the buildup and they still have a long way to go:

This lovely IHME forecast model was fuckin' criminally inept

looks like they're running a squared term, lol

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/global-death-toll-tops-200-000-who-warns-there-s-n1192831

Good news everyone! *puts finger to earpiece* wait bad news everyone!

quote:

There is currently no evidence that people who have recovered from COVID-19 are protected from a second infection, the World Health Organization warned Saturday as the worldwide death toll topped 200,000.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Scrubs is good.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

The Grimace posted:

My mom has been taking that for nearly three years now. As of just two weeks ago, I'm finally down to giving her just .5 mg in the morning, down from .5mg in the morning and 1 mg at night, after nearly a year of watching and adjusting. When she has withdrawal, it ruins her. We've made so much progress, but it took a lot of effort to get here.

Yeah, benzos are no joke. gently caress 'em and the industry that has propped them up. Goddamn this country's lovely.

i am not in any way advocating their use but they do react differently with different people. i took ativan on an “as needed” basis and never had a problem.

though tbh it didnt do much. only thing i noticed is it would help me get a better nights rest.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
All of these things are true:

1) Scrubs is good and funny and rewatchable
2) Ben Carson is a dumb CHUD outside of his narrow field
3) Ben Carson is a way better choice than Kushner for being in charge of a Coronavirus task force
4) Out of Trumps cabinet of morons, Carson is quietly doing the best job of anyone. I work with HUD regularly on affordable housing stuff and our chokepoint is not HUD, but local governments run by ostensible Democrats.

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
Don't listen to anyone telling you not to take drugs because you are too stupid. These are the same people who told you not to wear masks because you are too stupid. Educate yourself and then do whatever you want. There are terabytes of information on drug chemistry and interaction on the internet. Ignore prohibitionists.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

corona is overpriced garbage and the only good thing about it is if you palm slam the top of the open bottle just right you can blow out the bottom of the bottle and glass the motherfucker who brought corona to the party only to drink your pliny instead

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Gio posted:

lol we’re not going to have another lockdown. the argument will be “lockdowns dont work!”, though it wont matter what theyre argument is bc capitalism wont stop its gears again and no one will care

its not exactly capitalism, some european countries are paying furloughed worker salaries and covering business debts. some Brits are treating this like a sabbatical. south korea has coffee shops open.

we'te not even doing "privatize surplus, socialize losses" capitalism right. we just have this dumb as poo poo caste system designed to pamper aristocrats at all costs. we're capitalist in the same way north korea is communist.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Son of Man posted:

Don't listen to anyone telling you not to take drugs because you are too stupid. These are the same people who told you not to wear masks because you are too stupid. Educate yourself and then do whatever you want. There are terabytes of information on drug chemistry and interaction on the internet. Ignore prohibitionists.

What drugs should I take

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Twin Peaks was a documentary

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The Chud governments were hoping to use "immunity passports" to force people to return for work.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Marx Headroom posted:

its not exactly capitalism, some european countries are paying furloughed worker salaries and covering business debts. some Brits are treating this like a sabbatical. south korea has coffee shops open.

we'te not even doing "privatize surplus, socialize losses" capitalism right. we just have this dumb as poo poo caste system designed to pamper aristocrats at all costs. we're capitalist in the same way north korea is communist.

im sorry but its capitalism.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

What drugs should I take

yeah

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
The psychiatric ward my mom was admitted to three years ago basically shoved as much clonazepam onto her as they could to sedate her and didn't want to deal with any consequences. Their treatment made her far worse than when she first went in and it pisses me off to think about. Yeah, even benzos can be good when properly adjusted and monitored, but the problem is there are many "doctors" and "treatment centers" out there that will make things far worse if given the opportunity because they don't give their due diligence. Always consider consequences when opioids are involved.

The Ultimate Doge
May 1, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

Acelerion posted:

While yeah, the way it was presented was misleading, the point of flattening the curve was to give us time to prepare and we're much more prepared now. Also it was always unnecessary in places with low population densities and surprise, they figured that out and are protesting now

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

quote:

“It’s surprising, but it’s not surprising,” said Joseph Fair, a virologist and NBC News science contributor.
:thunk:

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

Sab0921 posted:

All of these things are true:

1) Scrubs is good and funny and rewatchable
2) Ben Carson is a dumb CHUD outside of his narrow field
3) Ben Carson is a way better choice than Kushner for being in charge of a Coronavirus task force
4) Out of Trumps cabinet of morons, Carson is quietly doing the best job of anyone. I work with HUD regularly on affordable housing stuff and our chokepoint is not HUD, but local governments run by ostensible Democrats.

My building has a HUD office in it and ben carson actually showed up one time lol

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

VectorSigma posted:

him name johns hopskins frog

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Fulin' yikes!

https://twitter.com/cnni/status/1254410172539244544

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

The Grimace posted:

Always consider consequences when opioids are involved.

Those aren't opioids

Maybe purposefully lying to America's citizens about drugs for 50 years was bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

i am harry posted:

If you never try it progress won't be made in that field. The Germans and Soviets did a ton of awful medical experiments during ww2 and after but the entire world ended up learning a ton.