Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

He'll yeah we did learn a lot from the nazis, such as

In a medical ethics class I took, we had a lot of discussion on the ways Nazi "medical experiments" were mostly dressed up methods of torturing people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Casey Finnigan posted:

In a medical ethics class I took, we had a lot of discussion on the ways Nazi "medical experiments" were mostly dressed up methods of torturing people

They taught us so much about our bodies

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

It’s a really good thing this technology isn’t feasible because otherwise you’d have billionaires just outright harvesting teenagers for new young bodies.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

no evidence of immunity is not the same as evidence of no immunity

This is the correct way to view the issue.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

mostly that they can be brutally destroyed my repressive regimes in the absence of proper medical ethics oversight

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Lol we can't even transplant hands, all inspirational transplantation stories are basically scams to get people to sign up to take immune suppressing drugs the rest of their lives so some doctor can get their name on the cover of a magazine

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019

FizFashizzle posted:

re ben carson

And surgeons are the dumbest people in medicine too but that's another conversation. for the record the smartest docs are infectious disease.

RadOnc seems to have the highest number of people who went out, got a Phd. realized that there was no money in it and became MDs with a good work/life balance without being dreadfully boring (Derm).

There seems to be a running joke that career advancement in RadOnc after finishing residency requires at least an MD/Phd. course, and the department head I know socially was a former Department of Energy nerds who ragequit when the thorium reactor designs they spent their lives on got defunded. He's now "the guy" who basically has dictated most of the changes in lung cancer treatment from his work in the 90s.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

xrunner posted:

It’s a really good thing this technology isn’t feasible because otherwise you’d have billionaires just outright harvesting teenagers for new young bodies.

Peter Thiel: We must use all parts of the buffalo

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

"See here, young Karl raises his arm in salute to the Fuhrer. But what's this, he glances over and notices in his armpit, hair! Where no hair had been before! Karl may be worried about his changing body, but you needn't be. This three part series will instruct and inform young minds about the changes they're going through."

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

greetings meh dot com readers! welcome to cspam.

you can do anything in cspam

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Flunky posted:

made the mistake of reading the dnd thread and its a bunch of posts saying that filling up the beach is okay because of sunlight or breeze or w/e yikes

lol yeah the sun will kill it in 2 minutes, that makes sense,. but how long do they think someone's coughed up virus droplets is going to take to hit the blanket over?

we should open the beaches but only if you wear proper ppe, because the idea of face mask tan lines is loving lmao

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

fosborb posted:

lol yeah the sun will kill it in 2 minutes, that makes sense,. but how long do they think someone's coughed up virus droplets is going to take to hit the blanket over?

we should open the beaches but only if you wear proper ppe, because the idea of face mask tan lines is loving lmao

lol just open everything back up if we’re gonna do these stupid half measures and make dozens of absolutely unnecessary exceptions.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

tom thanks for the vaccine

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

RIP Syndrome posted:

you can do anything in cspam

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/1254002621993693184

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

cyka blyat posted:

It's really irresponsible to recommend benzos in this threas, even jokingly.

To those reading: DO NOT TAKE BENZOS FOR FUN. EVER.

That poo poo will ruin you. You will gain a dependency real quickly. It is not like weed.

Just smoke weed to relax. Dont gently caress with pills.

Coming from someone who's experienced it if you take benzos as often as smoking weed you will have a seizure.

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

Bill Mitchell is an absolute master class at the worst possible takes.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

the skin cancer is gonna be phenomenal

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Joey Steel posted:

RadOnc seems to have the highest number of people who went out, got a Phd. realized that there was no money in it and became MDs with a good work/life balance without being dreadfully boring (Derm).

There seems to be a running joke that career advancement in RadOnc after finishing residency requires at least an MD/Phd. course, and the department head I know socially was a former Department of Energy nerds who ragequit when the thorium reactor designs they spent their lives on got defunded. He's now "the guy" who basically has dictated most of the changes in lung cancer treatment from his work in the 90s.

if radoncs are so smart why did they all fail their boards last year lmao owned bitch

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

xrunner posted:

Billionaires really liked the TV Show Altered Carbon.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

The Archaic posted:

Bill Mitchell is an absolute master class at the worst possible takes.

I wonder how he thinks Big Pharma got to be Big in the first place, and what could be done about it.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

as counterintuitive as it sounds no evidence of immunity is not evidence of no immunity

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

AceOfFlames posted:

It’s just insane since I see NO people with masks anywhere. Makes me feel and look insane like the guy from Gideon Falls.

NYC right now I'm seeing like 50/50 masks or no masks. Weather was nice yesterday so just a shitload of people were out. Lots of car and foot traffic relative to the last few days.

Overall though it's been quiet. People are holing up. It's wild to me to think that all these apartments and buildings are occupied because people are basically hiding.

Brooklyn has probably been the worst both in terms of people staying in and in terms of cardiac arrest call volume but I haven't gotten a Manhattan post and I've heard it's even worse still.

Cardiac arrest calls are on sale right now though. Lots of people waking up dead.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

He'll yeah we did learn a lot from the nazis, such as

Leave it to goons to take something completely out of context. Nice take you got there.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

the galaxy brain memes are getting weird

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Admiral Ray posted:

the skin cancer is gonna be phenomenal

You can just kill the skin cancer cells with ultraviolet light, dummy. :pseudo:

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Son of Man posted:

Don't listen to anyone telling you not to take drugs because you are too stupid. These are the same people who told you not to wear masks because you are too stupid. Educate yourself and then do whatever you want. There are terabytes of information on drug chemistry and interaction on the internet. Ignore prohibitionists.

I feel real loving bad for people with horror stories about benzos but people itt acting like there’s not a legitimate use and the only result is inescapable addiction could use a little perspective. My doctor prescribed them on an as needed basis for my PTSD last year. My alternative was a daily anxiety medication and all the side effects that come with that, like never being horny and feeling like a robot. Taking 1 or 2 Clonazepam a month instead of 30 Zoloft is a godsend. Being able to take something the moment I wake up in full PTSD freak out and have it work 15 minutes later is amazing. And if I don’t have a panic attack that month I don’t have to take anything, which is not how a daily med works. Again, I do feel bad for people hosed up on benzos but not 100% of people on benzos get hosed up on them and acting like nobody should ever take them and you get instantly addicted is some scaremongering silliness.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Impkins Patootie posted:

oooooh lets talk about Scrubs
For some reason I only just realized that the title "Scrubs" is probably a pun... and I still couldn't care less.

Rotacixe
Oct 21, 2008

slave to my cravings posted:

Is it another pump and dump biomed scam?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
they're going all in on the light thing the president already dismissed as "sarcasm".

"he's right even when he says he's wrong" isn't a concerning policy at all

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

I just want to point out that most clinical research is investigator-initiated rather than pharma-sponsored. Also, if shooting UV light into your blood (??? however they think this works) was discovered as the One Big Cure, it's not like Gilead would be suppressing that, they would definitely be patenting the poo poo out of the proprietary delivery method. And nobody makes real money off vaccines anyway! Christ, the more I think about this, the stupider it gets.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

I've heard some questionable anecdotes about a Soviet nuclear physicist who claimed to just irradiate his hands instead of washing them. Clearly he was onto something!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/CNNSotu/status/1254410671820808194

And on Fox News

quote:

Deborah Birx, the White House’s coronavirus response coordinator, said Saturday on Fox News that the media needs to be “responsible” about its headlines while covering the coronavirus crisis, noting that most people don’t read the full story.
President Trump, while speaking at White House coronavirus briefings, has accused reporters of being “fake news” and asked for more favorable coverage on the administration’s response to the pandemic.

What she’s saying: “I think the media is very slicey and dicey about how they put sentences together in order to create headlines. We know, for millennials and other studies, that some people may only read the headlines and if there’s not a graphic, they’re not going to look any further than that,” Birx said on Saturday.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

mycomancy posted:

Thanks but I got it. My mom used to garden a 30' by 100' patch when I was a kid because a rural high school teacher in the 1980s and 1990s didn't pay much.

what a flex

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

nikosoft posted:

I just want to point out that most clinical research is investigator-initiated rather than pharma-sponsored. Also, if shooting UV light into your blood (??? however they think this works) was discovered as the One Big Cure, it's not like Gilead would be suppressing that, they would definitely be patenting the poo poo out of the proprietary delivery method. And nobody makes real money off vaccines anyway! Christ, the more I think about this, the stupider it gets.
you've already thought about it more than Mill Bitch has

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Flunky posted:

made the mistake of reading the dnd thread and its a bunch of posts saying that filling up the beach is okay because of sunlight or breeze or w/e yikes

The Australian government is starting to relax their lockdown rules and part of that is that they're no longer recommending that people wear masks in public and when I read that my immediate reaction was "Oh boy there's so many places I want to start visiting again and activities I want to get back to" and I had to talk myself down from those thoughts and remind myself that we still have a LONG way to go and we can't just go back to normal life just yet no matter how much we might want to. If you waver it's super easy to rationalize breaking lockdown for certain activities and convince yourself that it's okay to go to the beach or whatever. :smith:

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

slave to my cravings posted:

Look! The solution that Big Pharma doesn't want to release that will end all pandemics for all time! You only need to intubate the patient for it to work!!!!

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Quisling gonna Quisling.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I feel real loving bad for people with horror stories about benzos but people itt acting like there’s not a legitimate use and the only result is inescapable addiction could use a little perspective. My doctor prescribed them on an as needed basis for my PTSD last year. My alternative was a daily anxiety medication and all the side effects that come with that, like never being horny and feeling like a robot. Taking 1 or 2 Clonazepam a month instead of 30 Zoloft is a godsend. Being able to take something the moment I wake up in full PTSD freak out and have it work 15 minutes later is amazing. And if I don’t have a panic attack that month I don’t have to take anything, which is not how a daily med works. Again, I do feel bad for people hosed up on benzos but not 100% of people on benzos get hosed up on them and acting like nobody should ever take them and you get instantly addicted is some scaremongering silliness.

did you blackout buy a piano yet?

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Trixie Hardcore posted:

yeah mitigating PTSD is prob the most legit use of benzos. It's mostly sorta a thing like oxycotin et al where many docs don't understand the implications of what they're getting patients into and then they prescribe them for like, chronic insomnia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Gio posted:

we’re gonna hit 3k tuesday

I thought we hit 3k three times last week?