Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.
taking a walk down COVID-19 memory lane, so nostalgic...

remember when we were all washing our hands and posting song lyrics memes?

remember when we were all :ohdear: about doctors making tough decisions in Italy?

remember when the NBA cancelled its season and poo poo Got Real until it wasn't anymore?

remember when google was going to make testing websites and Target was going to have testing sites in every parking lot?

remember sailor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

just let em take the test from home lmao

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Why do the protesters hate Bill Gates again? Is it just their general anti-vax sentiments or is there more?

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.

gret posted:

Why do the protesters hate Bill Gates again? Is it just their general anti-vax sentiments or is there more?

its random soros-esque q garbage

bill gates is just famous enough to where he's the only Smart Rich Guy these morons know, musk would be a target but he's a chud and one of them

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

gret posted:

He is making a modest effort to help people without letting the president take credit for it.

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008

gret posted:

he's a lib, gives money to africa, etc.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

gret posted:

Bill gates created the coronavirus to begin population culling and to put in place the mark of the beast.

1 of these things is actually true

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
can't wait for a vaccine to come out in a year, becoming available to the public for $189.99 plus $250 for another test later to make sure you're immune, only to get driven over like a small speedbump by the virus mutating into an even more deadlier form shortly before or afterwards

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

COVID-420 posted:

remember when we were all :ohdear: about doctors making tough decisions in Italy?

remember when the NBA cancelled its season and poo poo Got Real until it wasn't anymore?

remember when google was going to make testing websites and Target was going to have testing sites in every parking lot?

remember sailor?

Ok...

no

no

no

no

no

What day is today?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Perry Mason Jar posted:

yeah that's not good

What is the better idea?

gret posted:

He’s a mega nerd who does charity work and lots of chuds don’t trust charities because they assume no one does anything for anyone without a ulterior motive.

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009

RandomBlue posted:

Major Karen energy here:

lisa ann?

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
post itt every time you boil your face mask (take it off first!)

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
If we could replace the mercury compounds in vaccines with bleach compounds anti-vaxx would be solved.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

gret posted:

he contradicted are president

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

COVID-420 posted:

remember sailor?

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Salt Fish posted:

It's good actually. They're taking the 7 most promising options and mass producing them simultaneously to doing trails so that they can throw away whichever ones don't work. He says in the article that their estimate is 1-2 years for that to happen, so its better than doing 2 years of research and then 2 years of manufacturing work afterwards.

and you can practically hear the PR, "at most we're just wasting money to speed things up" which would be fine if this was funded and directed by an actual government, but just lol of the founder of loving Microsoft isn't going to use this upfront cost to justify the price per unit later, if this investment pays out

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

hard to release a vaccine when ur in prison

good luck working on the cure in jail billy boy

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Trump is like a petulant child with only the desire for instant gratification and no conceptual understanding of space or time?

Yeah, I can see it

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

RandomBlue posted:

Ok...

no

no

no

no

no

What day is today?

can not believe u would openly admit 2 not remembering sailor

mods??

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Oh, another "down the grapevine" piece of information about the arrests: the fevers are keeping people warm. So people who would normally be more easily identifiable as dead for a while because they're cool to the touch will still feel warm enough that EMTs and medics think they're a recent arrest and thus have a better chance of a save. Absent stuff like dependent lividity or rigor we don't have a lot of tools to assess if someone is too dead to work but there's talk that some people we're working have probably been dead longer than it seems because their fever had them warm enough that providers think it's a recent arrest when in fact they've been dead a while.

Temperature alone isn't something we can use to determine obvious but it gives us a false sense of recency of the death so it's a complicating factor.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

gret posted:

Anti-vaxer mixed with suspicious of """"silicon valley"""". Alt-right poo poo.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

pancake rabbit posted:

can not believe u would openly admit 2 not remembering sailor

mods??

Knock knock

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i mean, bill gates is definitely a huge piece of poo poo. he just isn't using vaccinations to cull children in africa like the chuds have been saying.

as if they would care if it wasn't "rich liberal dude" anyway.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

fosborb posted:

and you can practically hear the PR, "at most we're just wasting money to speed things up" which would be fine if this was funded and directed by an actual government, but just lol of the founder of loving Microsoft isn't going to use this upfront cost to justify the price per unit later, if this investment pays out

I hate billionaires and the idea of being rich as much as anyone, but once you accept that we're stuck with them for the moment, then after that its good whenever a billionaire gives money to a charity or to medical research efforts. While bill gates has certainly made the planet a worse place to live in many ways, I think it's dumb as poo poo to claim that he's trying to turn a profit on this.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Ahh, yes, the weekend 'slowdown'
https://twitter.com/WBUR/status/1254500325106556928?s=20
(MA numbers)

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Is being at 104 instead of 98 when you wake up dead really going to keep you warm substantially longer than normal?

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Trixie Hardcore posted:

He’s a mega nerd who does charity work and lots of chuds don’t trust charities because they assume no one does anything for anyone without a ulterior motive.

people can do things without ulterior motives. the gates foundation has certainly done it's share of loving things up for profitability in the name of philanthropy though. their decades of work to bring private corporations into the classroom is well known

also, the Gates are billionaires. they are by definition immoral. this has nothing to do with Gates being the target of chuds of course, but come on.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lmao at people shuffling left and right to say the right amount of bad and good things about billionaire bill gates, in c-spam

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

That is the slowdown. The slowdown is in reporting. Most people are dead, but we don't talk about it until Monday because working for the weekend, right friend?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The Gates stuff is just chuds trying to find another HRC to get their next hate fix
That's all it is
That and foreign disinformation campaigns because the internet is hell

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

fosborb posted:

this is insanely irresponsible at every level but I'm sure it helps his net worth

i hope a deranged and drugged out john mcaffee comes out of hiding to announce a new anti-anti-virus for this

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
bill gates invent computer

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

fosborb posted:

people can do things without ulterior motives. the gates foundation has certainly done it's share of loving things up for profitability in the name of philanthropy though. their decades of work to bring private corporations into the classroom is well known

also, the Gates are billionaires. they are by definition immoral. this has nothing to do with Gates being the target of chuds of course, but come on.

I was answering the question, chuds aren’t approaching this with nuance so ideas like “being a billionaire is immoral” doesn’t factor into it.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Salt Fish posted:

I hate billionaires and the idea of being rich as much as anyone, but once you accept that we're stuck with them for the moment, then after that its good whenever a billionaire gives money to a charity or to medical research efforts. While bill gates has certainly made the planet a worse place to live in many ways, I think it's dumb as poo poo to claim that he's trying to turn a profit on this.

not a profit, but to recoup "loses"

and also, the political power he would yield if this is successful will make Bezos look like a small town mayor

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
would you rather get a vaccine from bill gates or richard stallman

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
If there was a lady billionaire talking about making a vaccine chuds would focus less on Bill Gates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

fosborb posted:

not a profit, but to recoup "loses"

and also, the political power he would yield if this is successful will make Bezos look like a small town mayor

*Brain glitches out qanonishly*