Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Indecisive posted:

thanks for the 10 posts elaborating on how you visisted orlando 1 time and that must be what the whole country is

I remember in 4th grade my teacher told us that in the future the whole West Coast was just going to be one super-metropolis from Seattle to LA.

morallyobjected has a new favorite as of 22:05 on Apr 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

oh hoh someone walked into that age old trap of suggesting that people post funny pictures in the PYF funny pictures thread

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Compromised both the car frame and the front seatbelts. Smart.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
It is astonishing how goons can ignore the entire point of what someone is saying to find the thing they can latch onto and go "heh look at how wrong you are". :psyduck:

Aginor
Aug 1, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

bike tory posted:

For real? Even New Zealand apartment blocks often have a lap pool and a (small, lovely) gym, especially new ones.

Also it seems like what most people itt are calling apartment blocks we call townhouses, so when I say apartment block I mean a tall rear end building with like 5-20 floors of usually 1-3 bedroom dwellings. What do people call those if not "apartment blocks"?

In the UK (especially in London) if there's any spare space then it becomes an expensive room. A shared kitchen? Put a bed in it and charge £200 a week. Space in a living room? Put a cot in and charge £100 a week. We get no pools or gyms in our block of flats in the UK.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Aginor posted:

In the UK (especially in Londom) if there's any spare space then it becomes an expensive room. A share kitchen? Put a bed in it and charge £200 a week. Space in a living room? Put a cot in and charge £100 a week. We get no pools or gyms in our block of flats in the UK.

Pools here aren't typically inside a block of apartments, they are outside in a courtyard style area.

Aginor
Aug 1, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Pools here aren't typically inside a block of apartments, they are outside in a courtyard style area.

You think we get courtyards here? You're dreaming. My view is a carpark. A carpark with not enough spaces for all the flats in the building.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Aginor posted:

You think we get courtyards here? You're dreaming. My view is a carpark. A carpark with not enough spaces for all the flats in the building.

No, I don't think you get courtyards there at all. That's the entire point of what I've been saying lol. Moving on, holy gently caress.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Aginor posted:

Oh we would've loved the view of a carpark! Our view was onto an abandoned 18th century mental asylum. We'd go to sleep trying to drown out the screams of the inmates' ghosts still roaming the grounds.

Ha! Carpark.

Aginor
Aug 1, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

No, I don't think you get courtyards there at all. That's the entire point of what I've been saying lol. Moving on, holy gently caress.

Chill, buddy. I was being inane. Have a funny picture to turn that frown upside down.

Aginor
Aug 1, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Trabant posted:

Oh we would've loved the view of a carpark! Our view was onto an abandoned 18th century mental asylum. We'd go to sleep trying to drown out the screams of the inmates' ghosts still roaming the grounds.

Ha! Carpark.

I will happily swap with you! I love me a ghost!

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Aginor posted:

Chill, buddy. I was being inane. Have a funny picture to turn that frown upside down.

did someone invite grover to remodel their apartment?? :confused:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

It is astonishing how goons can ignore the entire point of what someone is saying to find the thing they can latch onto and go "heh look at how wrong you are". :psyduck:

when everybody is misunderstanding your point, the answer is never that you conveyed it poorly, everyone else must be stupid

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

HiroProtagonist posted:

did someone invite grover to remodel their apartment?? :confused:

Actually, you will find that kind of installment frequently all over rural parts of Sweden.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Yeah, once you say one thing stupid as gently caress people tend to stop thinking you have anything of value to say. Except for Donald Trump of course, he just has so much CHARISMA

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The big difference in apartment styles in the US compared to everywhere else is that in the US, if you don't live in a dense urban environment like NYC, you live in a sprawling endless suburb. There isn't really a countryside in most of the nation, it's just a never ending blanket of low rise apartment complexes and strip malls.
Go outside

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Nevermind, gently caress it

Sandwich Anarchist has a new favorite as of 23:01 on Apr 26, 2020

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Wow that's hella cheap

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Data Graham posted:

Wow that's hella cheap

Stock up.

Only issue is, that store doesn’t have any hand baskets or shopping carts.

You’ll have to carry them.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

You know, when life gives you demons, uh...

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I mean demons are definitely in season rn

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Nevermind, gently caress it

This is cowardice

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Traffic in the age of Covid19: I-4 isn't a mess of red in downtown Orlando.

Snowy posted:

Did you make that post by telegram or something?
WebTV and they're about to get :redhammer:

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

This is cowardice

I just wanted to stop the derail

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

CannonFodder posted:

It's actually a truly amazing time to ride your bike around town if you live in a city. I normally ride on city roads with tons of cars this has been an absolute dream to not even worry about people getting mad because I'm blocking traffic or whatever.

If you're in a location that isn't totally on lockdown, it's a great way to get exercise while easily maintaining social distancing.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I just wanted to stop the derail

Milo and POTUS posted:

This is cowardice

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

the best posters on the forums are the 2-3 people who can just stop posting with an “lol ok” instead of posting 300 more times to get their worthless point across that no one ever cared about in the first place.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Data Graham posted:

Wow that's hella cheap

I'm not going to bite on this even though it was my own personal dad's pet peeve in grocery stores.

You can't make me.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Never understood why people choose to live in apartments myself. Rather spend a little bit more and get the awholement

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Hackers film 1995 posted:

the best posters on the forums are the 2-3 people who can just stop posting with an “lol ok” instead of posting 300 more times to get their worthless point across that no one ever cared about in the first place.

lol ok

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

Checks out.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

CannonFodder posted:

WebTV and they're about to get :redhammer:

Wow, throwback reference :)

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

oldpainless posted:

Never understood why people choose to live in apartments myself. Rather spend a little bit more and get the awholement

It's because I'd rather be apart from you than a whole lot closer to you.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

morallyobjected posted:

I remember in 4th grade my teacher told us that in the future the whole West Coast was just going to be one super-metropolis from Seattle to LA.

Lol your teacher was dumb af.

Pictures you can smell.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

"What's for dinner?"

"Something smoked"

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kenning posted:

Pictures you can smell.

Votre moniteur n'est pas allumé.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

Finally found the perfect pairing to my succulent Chinese food dinner!