Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

vkeios posted:

Shinkocchou Seihou? I finally picked up my first one of that subline a month or two ago, Amazon.

God drat it’s such a good toy, I should’ve been collecting these from day one.

They're also doing Den-O Plat Form

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Is this a rerelease or have I got my hopes up for nothing?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

EthanSteele posted:

Is this a rerelease or have I got my hopes up for nothing?

Totally new figure. For comparison, here's the existing Figuarts

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I doubt they will release the bike separately at this point, but I really regret not going in on that. I had figured it would be some lovely statue equivalent, but they really brought it with that release.

I pre-ordered the PAK figures individually, but it does burn a little that the bike isn't so far being shown as a pre-order. :(

The game also looks like it's sold out most places physically, let alone the First Order/Class/Whatever edition.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Non-preorder stock never arrived, basically. They focused on getting those covered and sent out ASAP and everything else is dealing with production backups/shutdowns/mail slowdown etc.

The First Class edition was actually still available from SE's website just a few days before release. It only sold out very late.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Apr 18, 2020

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Aphrodite posted:

Non-preorder stock never arrived, basically. They focused on getting those covered and sent out ASAP and everything else is dealing with production backups/shutdowns/mail slowdown etc.

The First Class edition was actually still available from SE's website just a few days before release. It only sold out very late.

Yeah, I still hosed up on not picking it up even then. I wasn't even thinking about it till after I booted it up and all that delicious nostalgia hit like a jackhammer.

I had some of the MGS V PAK figures and liked them OK, but ended up selling them. Thus the FF7r figures I am really interested in, as MGS V wasn't a game that resonated with me.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Gripweed posted:

Totally new figure. For comparison, here's the existing Figuarts

Yessss, is it up to order anywhere yet?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

EthanSteele posted:

Yessss, is it up to order anywhere yet?

I don't think so, it was just announced on a stream and I don't see it at HLJ or Amiami yet.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Here are in-hand photos of the new, mass-retail G.I. Joe Classified Snake Eyes:
https://news.hisstank.com/2020/04/19/in-hand-images-of-g-i-joe-classified-regular-retail-snake-eyes-68625

And two comparison shots of the HasbroPulse exclusive and the mass-retail version:
https://toynewsi.com/9-36107

I was disappointed with the gray pants and high price tag on the exclusive, so I listed mine on eBay with a high BIN a few days ago, and was pleasantly surprised to get a generous offer from a buyer who paid immediately. That just happened to be the same day they released the first photo of the mass-retail version.

I'm still not 100% happy, but I prefer the all-black paint job on the mass-retail version. The perfect Snake Eyes would be mostly black, but with gray straps, pouches, and a visor for contrast, like how the best Marvel Legends Daredevil was mostly dark red, but with brighter red details like boots, gloves, belt, "DD" logo, and eyes.

And of course the exclusive has much better weapons: the Uzi and realistic pistol. The mass-retail Snake Eyes has those two made-up guns with holes in them (I assume to peg onto the backpack), and the smaller gun and knife don't seem to fit as well in his holsters. But I'll preorder it the moment it appears on either Amazon (where I have credit) or HasbroPulse.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

God, I hate Play Arts Kai because they are overpriced and mediocre, but damnit, all of this talk of them along with the release of the FF7 remake is making me do my annual "well, what if I buy just one? Surely the bootlegs can't be that bad!?" dance. Is anyone familiar with the bootlegs? And I also suppose it is a certainty at this point that Square would make Bring Arts FF7 figures...

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
What's up Action Figure Megathread, I love browsing your collections and seeing the new stuff y'all get hyped for– sort of a vicarious experience since I don't have space for a collection and have to be very selective. I've been slowly starting a Star Wars figure collection, mainly Black Series, and my strategy/self-imposed limitation is that I only get one character from each movie/piece of media. I've only bought IG-88, Sabine Wren, and C-3P0/Babu Frik so far. The other day, IG-88's legs broke, so I'm considering Empire Strikes Back back on the table.

Anyway, I came to post with an idea, and wondered if any of you might be interested. I have 3 extra C-3P0/Babu Frik, new in box, and I'd rather not go through the trouble and fees of selling them on eBay. Would anyone be interested in trading? I'd be open to offers of other Star Wars Black Series equivalent figures. The only one I'm really "after" is Clone Commander Obi-Wan. Other than that I generally prefer droids, bounty hunters, and aliens.

Here's a pic of my current setup:

I did a little mod on IG-88 using the wiring from the legs and some rubber bands, paper clips, brush pen and gorilla glue. It makes for a pretty good "desperately crawling away" pose.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Any model makers in here? I’ve been gifted a bunch of the Bandai Star Wars 1/144 kits over the years but I’ve never built them. I figure now is as good a time as any to actually do them, but I haven’t built an actual model since I was a teenager. I have been painting some minis for a D&D campaign recently, but they’re already assembled and obviously much less detailed. Is it better to paint everything first and then assemble, complete subassemblies and then paint, or just paint the whole thing after assembly? And do you use regular model glue or superglue? A bunch of modeler forums seem to prefer superglue for delicate models.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Any model makers in here? I’ve been gifted a bunch of the Bandai Star Wars 1/144 kits over the years but I’ve never built them. I figure now is as good a time as any to actually do them, but I haven’t built an actual model since I was a teenager. I have been painting some minis for a D&D campaign recently, but they’re already assembled and obviously much less detailed. Is it better to paint everything first and then assemble, complete subassemblies and then paint, or just paint the whole thing after assembly? And do you use regular model glue or superglue? A bunch of modeler forums seem to prefer superglue for delicate models.

Generally you want to do subassemblies first. Although Star Wars ships are pretty simple without many moving parts, so you'll probably be able to get away with painting after final assembly. Bandai kits don't actually need glue, but if you're painting it you'll probably want plastic cement for visible seams.

I'd suggest taking your questions to the modelling thread in ADTRW, we're all about the Bandai kits there.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

i think i literally got the last jedi. She's way sold out now everywhere

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Anyone know of a good place to find sixth scale patterns for sewing? I'm trying to make a custom Steve Lichman and I cannot find a damned thing that looks like the smock/sleep shirt/whatever the gently caress he wears.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I prefer to look over the pieces and do a dry run in my head, trying to balance difficulty in painting post assembly/whether anyone can actually see the area after assembly/chance to screw tone matching up if I paint adjoining areas at different times.

The glue will depend on what you're building. Model glue works by melting the plastic to create a fused joint. It's very strong but needs clean plastic to plastic contact to join so it won't work very well on painted areas. Super glue is good for painted contact areas of thin join sections but will dig up clear plastic so you don't want to use it for canopies.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Apr 23, 2020

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The new G.I. Joe figures look pretty good

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Gripweed posted:

The new G.I. Joe figures look pretty good

Meryl?!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Does anyone have the DC Collectibles John Constantine figure, the one from the Arrow line that looks like Matt Ryan? There is a KO on eBay for $10 (shipped from China, natch), and I'm tempted. I like the actor, the character, and the figure, but I wish I could find some honest reviews of the KO.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Does anyone have the DC Collectibles John Constantine figure, the one from the Arrow line that looks like Matt Ryan? There is a KO on eBay for $10 (shipped from China, natch), and I'm tempted. I like the actor, the character, and the figure, but I wish I could find some honest reviews of the KO.

No idea about the KO, but the regular figure is a serviceable jacketed body and I've seen it used in a lot of shots. It's not particularly great, but it's decent?

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Hey, Amazon actually charged me for that McFarlane MK Spawn figure that was supposed to come out on Tuesday, so I guess it will be on the way soon. I was convinced that I'd get a cancellation / lack of availability email like I have for some of the McFarlane DC figures I had on order.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Fuzz posted:

No idea about the KO, but the regular figure is a serviceable jacketed body and I've seen it used in a lot of shots. It's not particularly great, but it's decent?

I like it more than the very old DC Direct Constantine with two points of articulation (shoulders), the Mattel Signature Series one who looks like a thug with a scarred face, and the vaguely anime-looking Justice League Dark one.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I like it more than the very old DC Direct Constantine with two points of articulation (shoulders),

God, I have that one somewhere. The head/neck is sculpted as such a weird angle it looks like he's missing vertebrae.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I have spawn on preorder from a couple other places and they said they’re trading the sword for the mace. Which kinda blows but alright i guess.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

ultraviolence123 posted:

Hey, Amazon actually charged me for that McFarlane MK Spawn figure that was supposed to come out on Tuesday, so I guess it will be on the way soon. I was convinced that I'd get a cancellation / lack of availability email like I have for some of the McFarlane DC figures I had on order.

Oh hey me too I think, I was pretty disappointed when I saw it was delayed and assumed it’d be cancelled because that’s what Amazon does.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Their employees are also dying and being treated like poo poo

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

CelticPredator posted:

Their employees are also dying and being treated like poo poo

The company I work for took out a $2b line of credit last month and earlier this week fired over 100 people, AND this upcoming Monday are making employees come back into the office in groups of four so that at least 25% of them are in the office at any given time.

All companies are poo poo and I'm a-ok with my stupid plastic toy for children being delayed for however long is necessary

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Amazon is legit evil

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
yes I know thank you capitalism is evil maybe take it to GBS or something.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Louisgod posted:

capitalism is evil

:agreed:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Louisgod posted:

yes I know thank you capitalism is evil maybe take it to GBS or something.

No.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

I remember being excited for that figure, then seeing it in the store and passing on it. At least the one I saw was pretty fugly. My current Constantine is the "anime" one mentioned above (that has cigarette-holding fingers but NO CIGARETTE).

Here's hoping Todd makes him at some point.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
So does anyone around here own the Soul of Chogokin figure for the Iron Gear from Blue Gale Xabungle, cause after finding out it comes with a bunch of tiny figures of the other much smaller robots in the series as well as a figure of one of the other ships in the show(a much smaller one that doesn't transform into a giant robot like the Iron Gear), I now kinda want to hunt one down because I'm a sucker for that kind of thing*, that and Xabungle is a really fun show

*contemplating the SoC for the Ideon for similar reasons as it comes with a bunch of little Buff Clan ships and robots

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Amazon has Classified Scarlett, Duke, and Roadblock up for $19.87 preorders, due out June 1st. I keep checking back in, hoping for the retail version of Snake Eyes.
https://smile.amazon.com/s?k=g.i.+joe+classified&crid=2Q5WBLZFWX6G6&sprefix=g.i%2Caps%2C273&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_6_3

drrockso20 posted:

So does anyone around here own the Soul of Chogokin figure for the Iron Gear from Blue Gale Xabungle, cause after finding out it comes with a bunch of tiny figures of the other much smaller robots in the series as well as a figure of one of the other ships in the show(a much smaller one that doesn't transform into a giant robot like the Iron Gear), I now kinda want to hunt one down because I'm a sucker for that kind of thing*, that and Xabungle is a really fun show

*contemplating the SoC for the Ideon for similar reasons as it comes with a bunch of little Buff Clan ships and robots

I remember so vividly seeing the Iron Gear and Xabungle in toy stores in the mid-'80s -- cheap-looking little figures that were often broken in the package. I didn't remember the names and definitely didn't know what they were from (if anything), but those red/yellow and blue/white robots haunted me for decades until I finally solved the mystery a few months ago. Looking at those old toys now, it's almost impossible to find a vintage one in decent condition.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Amazon has Classified Scarlett, Duke, and Roadblock up for $19.87 preorders, due out June 1st. I keep checking back in, hoping for the retail version of Snake Eyes.
https://smile.amazon.com/s?k=g.i.+joe+classified&crid=2Q5WBLZFWX6G6&sprefix=g.i%2Caps%2C273&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_6_3

I remember so vividly seeing the Iron Gear and Xabungle in toy stores in the mid-'80s -- cheap-looking little figures that were often broken in the package. I didn't remember the names and definitely didn't know what they were from (if anything), but those red/yellow and blue/white robots haunted me for decades until I finally solved the mystery a few months ago. Looking at those old toys now, it's almost impossible to find a vintage one in decent condition.

If you have a VRV or Hidive subscription you should give the show a watch

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Oh hey, there's now a budget option for people who don't want to pay big bucks for the Play Arts figures

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Gripweed posted:

Oh hey, there's now a budget option for people who don't want to pay big bucks for the Play Arts figures

Blind box, though, right?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

blast0rama posted:

Blind box, though, right?

yeah which is really annoying for army builders

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Gripweed posted:

I love it :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Isn’t there a chase figure of Cloud in a dress?