Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Whose side of the New War of Love & Brains are you on?
IshiBame
IshIino
View Results

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Grouchio posted:

We need a separate thread for Oshi no Ko. This is Kaguya, not the Akasaka Works Megathread. :nyoron:

Im going to allow the manga in here. Nobody can stop this now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I thought it was nice that her brother acknowledged that Kaguya had become a good person unlike the rest of her family.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Hayasaka cutting her ponytail off gave me instant PTSD flashbacks to Karen doing the exact same thing in Nisemonogatari.

Damnit anime, stop having girls cut their hair off :argh:

Super Jay Mann fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Apr 23, 2020

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Super Jay Mann posted:

Hayasaka cutting her ponytail over gave me instant PTSD flashbacks to Karen doing the exact same thing in Nisemonogatari.

It's symbolic

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Not in Monogatari, though. It was just in the way.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Tarezax posted:

Writer

edit: makes me think aka is 100% gonna pull the trigger on kashiwagi getting teen pregnant

thats what happens when you date a boy with a multigenerational curse

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Super Jay Mann posted:

No.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Wark Say posted:

Not in Monogatari, though. It was just in the way.

Like 80% of the girls in Monogatari get symbolic haircuts at one point or another.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Ethiser posted:

I thought it was nice that her brother acknowledged that Kaguya had become a good person unlike the rest of her family.

Yeah, it's nice. It gives him some depth and some sympathetic traits (alongside how Hayamom is implied to have been in a similiar master/servant relationship to him as Hayasaka was to Kaguya), even if he's still a pretty bad person.

Akasaka did say that he is loath to make purely one-dimensional characters after all.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Clarste posted:

Like 80% of the girls in Monogatari get symbolic haircuts at one point or another.
Yeah, should've specified: Karen's haircut was not.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
The first time I saw someone using spices as a weapon was a Yakuza game, so I thought of Shirogane's escape as a Yakuza move. That being said, Kaguya is definitely scarier when it comes to hand to hand.

Overall, I'm really glad that Kaguya and Hayasaka have patched things up a bit, even with this unprecedented betrayal staining their history. Here's hoping things go better for them in the future.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

Fujiwara = Majima?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

MJP posted:

Fujiwara = Majima?
Bullshit. Fujiwara is clearly Saejima.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Folt The Bolt posted:

Yeah, it's nice. It gives him some depth and some sympathetic traits (alongside how Hayamom is implied to have been in a similiar master/servant relationship to him as Hayasaka was to Kaguya), even if he's still a pretty bad person.

Akasaka did say that he is loath to make purely one-dimensional characters after all.

I really liked how the chapter played out. The fact that Kaguya's brother's plan revolved entirely on him assuming that she was the same as the rest of the family and was counting on her being a terrible person. The moment he found out she was different he couldn't come up with any other plans. His folly now is thinking that she's gotten weak and become a fool. He hasn't seen the lengths of plotting she'll go to just to go to the movies with Shirogane.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

MJP posted:

Fujiwara = Majima?

Majima is Daddy.

Majima knew. Majima knew all along.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I guess it's a good thing Hayasaca literally already has enough money to retire and never work again.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Tarezax posted:

Writer

edit: makes me think aka is 100% gonna pull the trigger on kashiwagi getting teen pregnant

I wonder what they'll name the kid, maybe Kashiwagi's Child?

CesspoolofHatred
Apr 3, 2017

Elfface posted:

Majima is Daddy.

Majima knew. Majima knew all along.

Daddy Everywhere

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Chapter 187

There's only one way to describe the ending pages to this chapter.

:3:

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

so disappointed to find out how bad fujiwara is at lying, esp with her apparent need to cheat at games

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

The ending is great and well worth the build up!

But this is the funniest panel for me

Is there a short cut for the spoiler tag btw?

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

so disappointed to find out how bad fujiwara is at lying, esp with her apparent need to cheat at games

Literally everyone bought her stupid stories. She's a god-tier liar.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
This was another one of those "giant astonished grin" chapters. I'm so glad nobody watches me read these things.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Vengarr posted:

She's a masterful persuader, but merely a dabbling liar. Charisma build, with 0 Int.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Vengarr posted:

if her goal was to help her friends and not just immediately get out of awkward conversations, she is a failure.

in ten chapters shirogane will be teaching her, using his deeply ingrained self-loathing.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
I forget, did Kaguya ever get permission to start walking to school regularly or is this an even happier thing

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

klapman posted:

I forget, did Kaguya ever get permission to start walking to school regularly or is this an even happier thing

I don't think she got permission, but idk if that'd stop her anyways.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

M_Gargantua posted:

She's a masterful persuader, but merely a dabbling liar. Charisma build, with 0 Int.

Nah. All Charisma, but dumping Wis.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Xelkelvos posted:

I don't think she got permission, but idk if that'd stop her anyways.

There was a chapter, I just can't remember if it was before the soft reboot, where she craftily sneaks a cat or something into the family car's engine and gets allowed to walk to school, then helps some grade schoolers. It stuck in my mind cause it really emphasized how lonely it made her feel and how liberating it was to be able to walk to school, so I'm hoping it's a setup between Hayasaka and the Shinomiyas that Kaguya can walk to school under Hayasaka's supervision. Like, she's not working for them anymore, but they probably still trust her enough for something like that.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Hyped to see Hayasaka get to be herself at school

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

With the school trip over, Aka finished up the roadmap laid out all the way back in chapter 69...

Guess it won't be too long before the end of the year for them.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
O-kawa-ii-mother-loving-koto indeed. :kimchi:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Hey this was a good chapter.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Short hair Hayasaka is :blessed:.

It will be interesting to see how her personality and relationships change now that she doesn't have to switch between multiple Personas.

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!
I wonder if Shirogane will learn at least some measure of self-defense now that he realizes the kind of trouble that being with Kaguya can attract.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

Reallycoolname posted:

I wonder if Shirogane will learn at least some measure of self-defense now that he realizes the kind of trouble that being with Kaguya can attract.

This is a great idea. We definitely need another chapter about Miyuki learning something. Actually, isn't Chika reasonably athletic?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

nrook posted:

Actually, isn't Chika reasonably athletic?

Not really. Shirogane just sucks at most things.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

nrook posted:

This is a great idea. We definitely need another chapter about Miyuki learning something. Actually, isn't Chika reasonably athletic?
If Hayasaka still hangs out at Shujin, Miyuki could ask her for training.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Chika is decent at physical sports, gifted at musical-related pursuits (piano, singing, freestyle rap) and somewhat average with regards to tabletop games, lying and minor subterfuge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
We still have the promised Ballroom dancing chapter coming.