Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Dravs posted:

Does anyone else use loads of nicknames for tanks? Was just thinking about it and I just use a bunch of them as a matter of fact now.

Caernarvon = Caravan
Progetto = Spagetto
GW Tiger = George W
S35 - Bathtub
Panther M10 = Warcrime Panther
Jagdtiger 8.8 = Double Nazi (also Panther 8.8)

Progetto = Prosciutto
JPE100 = Jagdzilla
Rhm = Rhoomba

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

So I finally have enough bonds for an EPIC purple equipment piece. Would the improved rammer for my JgPz E 100 be a good use of it? Seems like the long reload time would take better advantage of the % decrease in loading time.

Yeah, it'd basically be most useful on a vehicle with a long reload, whether it's the JPE100, one of the 183s, or even arty.

Mesadoram posted:

Drinking and all chat makes this game so much better than it was.

Yeah, allchat is bringing back a lot of memories. There's definitely the potential for toxicity, but it also brings with it lighthearted banter between teams, which is especially nice for the tankers waiting for the battle to end.

Also, it's pretty easy to tell in battles who's been playing long enough to have been around back when allchat used to be standard.

I went back to my copy/paste text file with all my one-liners, and I realized I need to update them; they're generally dated to around 2016, and like half of them are about American Sniper. :v:

Target Practice posted:

Is the 1 gold = 35 free experience a decent deal this weekend?

Yeah, that's the typical "sale" price. I think it's been as high as 40 xp/gold once or twice, but generally 35 is what you see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

McGavin posted:

You need to have BIA on all of the crew members for it to work, so it's better to do 6th Sense and repair or 6th and camo for light tanks as a first skill. I'd only pick BIA first on arty.
On console you only train the commander so BIA is active as soon as its trained. Sixth Sense is also more powerful on console so having those 2 trained first is pretty much a given for any tank unless for a very specific reason otherwise.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Atomizer posted:

Yeah, allchat is bringing back a lot of memories. There's definitely the potential for toxicity, but it also brings with it lighthearted banter between teams, which is especially nice for the tankers waiting for the battle to end.

Also, it's pretty easy to tell in battles who's been playing long enough to have been around back when allchat used to be standard.

I went back to my copy/paste text file with all my one-liners, and I realized I need to update them; they're generally dated to around 2016, and like half of them are about American Sniper. :v:

I think I remember someone saying it is not permanent?

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
What is this brawl mode? Are there any rewards?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Regarding nicknames for tanks: I get things like "Caravan" for the Caern, or gibberish-names for complicated tanks like the LeFH, or Roomba for the Borsig, but "Double Nazi" seems dumb as hell to me, same goes for instances where YouTubers have gone "This thing is now called the Jägeroo, the word is a thing now, call it thusly".

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

So the Anniversary Coins are NOT needed to get the key right? You just waste them on cosmetic stuff and/or boosts? Is there any reason to hoard them?

Sparq
Feb 10, 2014

If you're using an AC/20, you only need to hit the target once. If the target's still standing, you oughta be somewhere else anyway.

So the Anniversary Coins are NOT needed to get the key right? You just waste them on cosmetic stuff and/or boosts? Is there any reason to hoard them?

More things to buy with them will be added in the following stages. I'm hoarding them for now.

Sparq fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Apr 25, 2020

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Glad I listened to this thread and went with the type 64. The first light that I've liked playing in over a year.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Went with the SU 100Y and it's better than expected.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
its a box with a big gun. what did you expect?

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Lol, double-barreled tank is so broken.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
its twice the soviet bias of a normal tank

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Mesadoram posted:

I think I remember someone saying it is not permanent?

Oh it's not, but even if I try to troll pubbies now, old American Sniper, Michael Moore, and Mitt Romney references aren't landing. :sigh:

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Regarding nicknames for tanks: I get things like "Caravan" for the Caern, or gibberish-names for complicated tanks like the LeFH, or Roomba for the Borsig, but "Double Nazi" seems dumb as hell to me, same goes for instances where YouTubers have gone "This thing is now called the Jägeroo, the word is a thing now, call it thusly".

The "double Nazi" nickname is for: a Nazi tank, that also has the Nazi call numbers ("88") hence the phrase "double Nazi." I mean, maybe you're not familiar with the "eighth letter" thing, but here in America all the neo-Nazi shitheads, MAGA chuds, Republicans, etc., love that poo poo.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Atomizer posted:

Oh it's not, but even if I try to troll pubbies now, old American Sniper, Michael Moore, and Mitt Romney references aren't landing. :sigh:

The "double Nazi" nickname is for: a Nazi tank, that also has the Nazi call numbers ("88") hence the phrase "double Nazi." I mean, maybe you're not familiar with the "eighth letter" thing, but here in America all the neo-Nazi shitheads, MAGA chuds, Republicans, etc., love that poo poo.

Oh, I'm quite familiar with it. Didn't mean to say I don't understand why that name came to be, it's just that I think it's dumb as hell.

Come to think of it, there's another nickname that either Jingles or Kellerman tried to make happen, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Another nickname for tanks I haven't seen mention is the 75mm peashooter t7 panther. Also known as the warcrimes panther. It got that name for fairly obvious reasons.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Turns out the Super Hellcat is pretty drat fun.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Der Shovel posted:

Turns out the Super Hellcat is pretty drat fun.

It's really good and it's also incredibly amusing how low the bar is for hitting the masteries.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Kinda hilarious when a E 100 tries to ram you in a Type 4, just to realize not only was he lighter, he also lack the motor power to push back.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
1-10 so far today :bahgawd:

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
i was winning ensk in the mutz but then my teammate pushed me into the line of fire of 3 tanks :(

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
can HE shells overmatch? or do they just explode if they hit angles?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Cannon_Fodder posted:

I sank my stats today trying to do a daily in the IS-3-2. Teams were melting.

But then I did 5k damage in the T54E1. I went from the optics to the GLD and it made a HUGE difference in aiming time. I miss the view range, but hitting poo poo was always the most important thing for me.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Cannon_Fodder posted:

At least in the EU it's a loving shitshow tonight. I'm talking "top tier T26E5 sitting in A1 "sniping"" shitshow.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
4 out of 16 here.

If my math is correct, 25% is a passing grade. Right?

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
Teams so bad I'm reinstalling armored warfare

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Are the British lights any good? I remember on test build people said they were poo poo.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Are the British lights any good? I remember on test build people said they were poo poo.
They're still poo poo, don't bother.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

British lights are hands down the worst line in the game.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
the premium tier 8 british light is ok. its small, really fast, 400 meters viewrange and a pretty decent gun. camo is kinda meh tho

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Slaapaav posted:

can HE shells overmatch? or do they just explode if they hit angles?

HE can't overmatch, and it can ricochet at steep angles.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
i think i bounced HE on the 10mm armor upper hull of the borrasq and flew went straight into the mantlet which counts as spaced armor so it just exploded and did 143 damage.

Sair
May 11, 2007

McGavin posted:

British lights are hands down the worst line in the game.

What can you even do with the current Crusader?

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Here's a decent battle in a mediocre tank, the WZ-120. It basically trades gun handling and especially depression for above-average alpha, and armor for mobility. It's incredibly difficult to play with due to only 3 degrees of gun depression, however this was one of those battles where I made it work and it was immensely satisfying.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Today I won 11 out of 30 matches. As a result, I got my first ever email warning from wargaming for typing insults into in-game chat.

Apparently dumbass and stupid mother loving dumbass and " all of you have literal poo poo for brains" are apparently insults now. Who knew?!

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
i bought the tier 8 premium ebr and its the least balanced tank ive ever played

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

moolchaba posted:

Today I won 11 out of 30 matches. As a result, I got my first ever email warning from wargaming for typing insults into in-game chat.

Apparently dumbass and stupid mother loving dumbass and " all of you have literal poo poo for brains" are apparently insults now. Who knew?!

Had a better session than that yesterday and especially today, but in short order I've remembered why they removed allchat: it's me, I'm the toxic shithead. We're already poo poo-talking each other in battle, and I'm no longer going to shed a tear when they remove allchat after this.

Also, I've been saying far, far worse poo poo than the stuff you mentioned, to my shitter teammates, at that, and not gotten a warning (or at least not in so long I can't remember.) I mean, I'm no Shanky, but I'm definitely one of the major reasons allchat was removed in the first place! :v:

Slaapaav posted:

i bought the tier 8 premium ebr and its the least balanced tank ive ever played

So in other words, "working as intended comrade!" :troll: Thanks for your :10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:!

Sparq
Feb 10, 2014

If you're using an AC/20, you only need to hit the target once. If the target's still standing, you oughta be somewhere else anyway.
I just got the Type 64 from Tank Rewards. It is disgustingly good and I feel like a small, fast, all seeing god.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Quiz! Who can identify which of these fine team members was the one calling me an 'idiot noob' as I tried to pull off an incredibly advanced 'not immediately die in a 5v1 brawl' strat?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Vando posted:

Quiz! Who can identify which of these fine team members was the one calling me an 'idiot noob' as I tried to pull off an incredibly advanced 'not immediately die in a 5v1 brawl' strat?

Top contenders, IS-3, UDES 03 and the wz 120

e;
Also, talking about tank nicknames,

anything with WZ = Wizard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

MariusLecter posted:

Top contenders, IS-3, UDES 03 and the wz 120

You're def thinking on the right lines, but no. It was in fact the WT firing HE who decided they were best placed to criticise!

The worst part is those mighty 62 points of damage were done to the enemy Progetto which I tracked in front of him with around 300hp remaining.

Vando fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Apr 27, 2020