Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Who would pay a dollar to change your revolver execution animation to add an extra second of the opponent flailing and struggling before you shoot them in the head

sometimes you just have a dollar lying around :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

lol literally that goon's first ever post itt is to come in and post spoilers for an unreleased game.

PLEASE PROBATE

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Who would pay a dollar to change your revolver execution animation to add an extra second of the opponent flailing and struggling before you shoot them in the head

Yes! But also current events have also made it feel worse!

Tagged spoilers, and I played The Last of Us 1 and was semi-invested in TLOU2 before I saw how bad the writing went down today. Just because I don't post about things 24/7 doesn't mean I don't have a legit interest in it weirdo.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMP0nbbAaO4

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Uh what

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Does the flailing and struggling look like the Charleston?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Why did U vote 4 trump

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

where are you, Veeg?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

This might explain the leak:

https://twitter.com/SMetaldave64/status/1254507608746033153

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
There's something really gross about how eager some people are to believe an unreleased game is bad

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

There were a lot of things I thought TLOU2 might be, but Eli Roth presents: Naruto was not one of them.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

"The Last of Us 2 is dead labor, which, vampire-like, lives only by sucking living labor, and lives the more, the more labor it sucks. Also the game sucks"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

That said I'm still in the benefit of the doubt phase. Remember when this thread was like "lol look at this Horizon Zero Dawn clip, game's gonna suck"

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

crunch culture, bonus culture, self-organizing hierarchies, metacritic scores. great ways to treat developers

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

That said I'm still in the benefit of the doubt phase. Remember when this thread was like "lol look at this Horizon Zero Dawn clip, game's gonna suck"

We live in a post GOT season 8 world. If it reads like it will suck probably it will suck.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

take spoilers for the unreleased game to another thread

Bust Rodd posted:

If someone posts TLOU2 spoilers in the thread besides Joel being dead I'm gonna have a pretty serious cow, man!

JBP posted:

Yeah I hope no one does this even in tags.

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Apr 27, 2020

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

blackguy32 posted:

I really do like the whole "think on your feet" aspect about the combat at times, but other times I think the combat is just a bit too much. Like there is no need to flood rooms with waves of guys.

I know. It'd be nice to just 3-5 guys standing around naturally so we could have a proper stealth section or a firefight that isn't a huge ordeal. Just let me stealth kill a couple guys at a campfire, or snipe a lookout on cliff side. Not all the time, just every once in a while. Why does every conflict have to be WWIII?

I think my least favorite part of any Uncharted game is entering the long lost tomb, and then "oh no, they were right behind us. Now we have to have a firefight for 30 minutes to get out." 100% of the time that you go into any kind of interesting place there are always 200 guys to fight on the way out. It's insulting to even think this is any kind of surprise.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they shouldve just made another uncharted

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

they should've just made another jak combat racer

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

CharlestheHammer posted:

I don’t think they have said.

Since this is the first generation with that kind of stuff.

I would hope so

They sold and rented movies on the PS3.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Would be super neat if I could just play TLOU2 now instead of scrolling past hot takes about it for months and months yeehaw partner that would be just dandy.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Kilometers Davis posted:

Would be super neat if I could just play TLOU2 now instead of scrolling past hot takes about it for months and months yeehaw partner that would be just dandy.

It's gonna suck KD haha owned

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
I don't really get the delay anyway. It certainly seems like plenty of people are buying FF7R.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

welcome to hell, where gamergaters drop by cordially to share their wares with you and speak of the future

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

JBP posted:

It's gonna suck KD haha owned

hmmm very hot and nice

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Aren't you one of the goons who's been making this exact same post since the day 2LOU was revealed though?

As have 6 people ITT been posting the same 1 Bloodborne posts for two threads, I think it'll manage with one person in a different loop.

Nail Rat posted:

I don't really get the delay anyway. It certainly seems like plenty of people are buying FF7R.

Huh, that's a decent point. Here I was believing the part about wanting to hold off since people can't really go out and buy a physical copy nowadays.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Apr 27, 2020

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Man Last of Us multiplayer was so much fun since it was different

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

RareAcumen posted:

As have 6 people ITT been posting the same 1 Bloodborne posts for two threads, I think it'll manage with one person in a different loop.

bandwagons are fun

people who invite themselves to parties in order to poo poo in the pool are less fun

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Spoiler allergies getting to the point where people can't even take them behind loving spoiler bars that say "hey these are spoilers for an unreleased game leak" because they might "accidentally" mouse over them or don't have enough willpower to avoid clicking is some embarrassing poo poo. Why even have bbcode function if you're going to be that much of a whiner about it? Either read it or don't but don't be such god drat babies about it jesus

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

JBP posted:

Yeah I hope no one does this even in tags.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

:qq: they were courteous to spoiler tag everything and specify what the spoilers were for and give a big ol warning it's not like the subforum got nicknamed Snape Kills Dumbledore boo loving hoo

E: I mean gg'rs should be up against the wall but that post is pretty drat courteous wrt spoilers.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

DrNutt posted:

:qq: they were courteous to spoiler tag everything and specify what the spoilers were for and give a big ol warning it's not like the subforum got nicknamed Snape Kills Dumbledore boo loving hoo

E: I mean gg'rs should be up against the wall but that post is pretty drat courteous wrt spoilers.

You can just post the links or put it in the game's thread.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

DrNutt posted:

did you see the original post? why fight the battle for a troll?

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

DrNutt posted:

Thanks for the being rational until you advocated for putting people "up against the wall", I deleted it out of courtesy for people who might be clumsy with their mouse (a courtesy nobody needs to do) but why even have spoiler tags if people are going to whine about them not being enough.

If anything, that post was a very real warning for most that the spoilers are mostly accurate and that if they want to keep the game unspoiled, they need to avoid certain places ahead of the release.

Oh yeah the original post with tons of properly tagged spoilers, as well as a warning that it was specifically about TLOU2 right before it.

You're the one acting like a troll.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
^If you aren't going to deny your red text and admit to being a gamergater then you can get hosed all the way to the wall, hth^

I did see it and it was spoilered appropriatrely :shrug: people that are big rear end babies about spoilers are more annoying than actual spoilers tbh

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

DrNutt posted:

I did see it and it was spoilered appropriatrely :shrug: people that are big rear end babies about spoilers are more annoying than actual spoilers tbh

I'm gonna boat you so hard

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

good news if you dont spoil people then they wont be annoying about it

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Super No Vacancy posted:

good news if you dont spoil people then they wont be annoying about it

Why do spoiler tags exist, hobbits????

E: I'll drop it at this point because I acknowledge it's just something of a personal bugaboo of mine and I'm just a weirdo but it seems odd to be so bitchy about stuff being properly behind clearly tagged spoiler tags. But the ayes have it, post is edited, whatevs

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Apr 27, 2020

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Maybe that poster is lovely based on their avatar but the post in this thread didn't have anything too terrible in it, like honestly I went looking for the spoilers elsewhere and had to wade through dozens of "SJWs ruined last of us" and "Why I think Ellie shouldn't be lesbian" posts without actually finding the details, so I kinda appreciated it being here, in a thread for PS4 games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Anyway, time to move on to serious PS4 discussion topics, like: who would win in a fight and/or dance competition, Cloud or Kiryu