Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

yeah but then they came out and said just kidding lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Surely someone would have said something by now if it was.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
I have so many soy beans I'm going to fill up my tub with tofu and swim in it

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/reuterspictures/status/1254616006317813760?s=20

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Inceltown posted:

comedy break time

Nice. Did you drink it with a succulent Chinese meal?

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Or you can just... not eat meat. Bean squad has been trying to explain this all along.

My husband preordered two cows from our local farm when I told him about my bean schemes.

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

where to buy swedish horse meat

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
lol at the meat-addicted. you were warned! you are beginning to resent its absence!

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
i wish i had a bean the size of a cow

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
excited to see the covid generation's recipes.

the great depression brought us such timeless classics as creamed chipped beef (poo poo on a shingle) and surprise spice cake (the surprise is that most of the oil is replaced with canned tomatoes! ha!)

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

Goreld posted:

This is the part I can’t get. How the hell does killing a huge chunk of population, millions, not also tank your economy, even if you just forge ahead doing nothing? You’ll have disruption on every level of work and life regardless.

your kids & widow still have to shop & we hope theyll choose a Happy Corpse brand shroud for your funeral

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

just cook the meat a little longer

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

"he also lost sixty pounds and gained three inches!"

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

mod sassinator posted:

been reading more about tyson and food processors and, uh.. i'm clearing everything out of my freezer and filling it to the brim with meat. gently caress frozen veggies, those regrow fast. we're about to lose a gently caress ton of meat as plants shut down--poo poo is going to get real crazy. tyson foods literally says, "the food supply chain is breaking down": https://news.yahoo.com/food-supply-chain-breaking-tyson-213539680.html

this feels like 'you don't need masks!' all over again. if people knew the reality it would be god drat panic. get food while you can folks

sales are way down and panic buying will keep them solvent for a month or two lol

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Trixie Hardcore posted:

My husband preordered two cows from our local farm when I told him about my bean schemes.

holy poo poo, two full cows?

half of a half of a cow off of my uncle's farm lasts us about two years

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

gonna own when americans are so desperate for meat we make our own wet markets and start a CJD outbreak

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

oh god I snagged a huge pump bottle of hand sanitizer in what I thought was a stroke of luck but it smells like cheap warm tequila

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

perhaps it's dual purpose

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

someone in my apartment hung a big bottle of spray sanitizer for us to use from the stairs and i was so wary it was piss that i had to peep someone else use first it to be 100% sure

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

thanks to everyone whose replies itt helped me convince my friend to take a lyft back to her place. she reports that the covid tents and the refrigerated trucks are gone, but the demon cracker essence of the usa remains

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Bit of a coincidence that sightings of Kim Jong Un have dropped yet big baby sightings are up 1000%

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

E Depois do Adeus posted:

the demon cracker essence of the usa remains

And it shall until we break free from the gop and dnc inshallah

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
https://mobile.twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/1254509582615019523

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

Trixie Hardcore posted:

do they butcher the cow for you or does some cowboy just ride up with two live ones in tow and drop em on your porch?

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

I forgot Seth existed.

gently caress you for reminding me Seth exists.

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

:smug: i ain't getting shot up with no gay autism nanotracker drug anyway and neither will my TWO TOTS and BEAUTIFUL WIFE!

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

fosborb posted:

holy poo poo, two full cows?

half of a half of a cow off of my uncle's farm lasts us about two years

You just scared the poo poo out of me because I hadn’t thought about it but I just looked at the farm and I think he means he bought two boxes of cow which is a really big difference. It’s still way too much meat but not like two entire cows.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

gonna own when americans are so desperate for meat we make our own wet markets and start a CJD outbreak
:getin:

aren't the vaccines being developed independently by israel and also by china

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

do they butcher the cow for you or does some cowboy just ride up with two live ones in tow and drop em on your porch?

I would definitely find myself with two pet cows if so.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

mod sassinator posted:

been reading more about tyson and food processors and, uh.. i'm clearing everything out of my freezer and filling it to the brim with meat. gently caress frozen veggies, those regrow fast. we're about to lose a gently caress ton of meat as plants shut down--poo poo is going to get real crazy. tyson foods literally says, "the food supply chain is breaking down": https://news.yahoo.com/food-supply-chain-breaking-tyson-213539680.html

this feels like 'you don't need masks!' all over again. if people knew the reality it would be god drat panic. get food while you can folks

good thing I live right in the middle of a large community of people from southern india. tons of excellent vegetarian food is available

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/ProfPCDoherty/status/1254616358479966209

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Goreld posted:

This is the part I can’t get. How the hell does killing a huge chunk of population, millions, not also tank your economy, even if you just forge ahead doing nothing? You’ll have disruption on every level of work and life regardless.

the meat processing plants being forced to close only because all the employees got sick is real life proof we couldn't just "forge ahead"

of course the idiots who think we should have forged ahead are just going to ignore that

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Robotic meat processing plants NOW

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Seriously my bean friends, now is the time to learn the exotic cuisines of beans.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

spaceblancmange posted:

I forgot Seth existed.

gently caress you for reminding me Seth exists.

seth abramson is the most skilled twitter grifter of the #theResistance

doesn't believe his own BS. keeps his stories captivating, but not too ridiculous. willing to adapt to new circumstance. has not been cancelled or banned from twitter.

he's got skills

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Trixie Hardcore posted:

You just scared the poo poo out of me because I hadn’t thought about it but I just looked at the farm and I think he means he bought two boxes of cow which is a really big difference. It’s still way too much meat but not like two entire cows.

if you wanna get bulk meat webstrauntstore is a good place to get it, downside is that their shipping is thru fedex so unless you bulk order you're gonna be paying a lot of shipping

on the plus side like :20bux: for 12 pounds of ground turkey

on the minus side no mangosteens

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

:getin:

aren't the vaccines being developed independently by israel and also by china

gonna hype up my university's efforts too, i love the nu-space race

https://twitter.com/9NewsQueensland/status/1248152425594327040

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

bean there done that

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Zeno-25 posted:

Robotic meat processing plants NOW
processing plant for the "meat" of robots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Trixie Hardcore posted:

it would really own though if a forklift showed up at your driveway and they dropped off about 500 lbs. of meat