Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NightGyr
Mar 7, 2005
I � Unicode

https://mobile.twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/1254734896993615872

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Bill really telling on himself, not that it’s a surprise.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

He learned long ago that he needs to say the most outrageous poo poo possible in order to keep getting the attention he craves.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Bitchell's av looks like he's been infected with roni for 15 days at least

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

orange sky posted:

lmfao when the second wave hits

it reminds me of plants holing up for winter and some will start spouting early then that frost comes and BLAMMO! the early spouts all freeze back then some more are like, "well that's not going to happen again! it's warm now!" but the second random freeze comes and ZAP! and those plants all die but the late blooming plants are all still in their seeds going, "nah, I'll sit back and wait until it's really warm out and the frosts have stopped"

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

get used to eating bugs idiots

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1254737669126569984?s=19

Owned

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1254737324686131200?s=19

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

https://twitter.com/MindalenaA/status/1254550416160886786?s=19

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Impkins Patootie posted:

get used to eating bugs idiots

I've got a snack disguised as a wall hanging in case of such an emergency

e: it was a gift

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

IF there is immunity after you get this then why wouldn’t all the meatpacking plants open again in a month?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

im really glad someone is tracking this, i've been shrieking for months its the only data that matters, and hopefully??? some media person tries to get clicks/eyeballs by yelling about it and actually striking fear into people (wont happen, we're all gonna die)

Upside Potential
Jun 14, 2006
If you think this guy is terrible, wait till next year.
2016 unskewing polls
2020 unskewing deaths
2024 unskewing ....

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1254747293414305792

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

fosborb posted:

yes

monosodium glutimate is amazing if you can find it anymore. look for fajita seasoning or bullshit like that if you can't find msg on its own

Just buy Accent. It is just straight msg

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Oops, he's talking about the Bernie Bucks of $600 a week. Dammit!

Mad Doctor Cthulhu has issued a correction as of 13:34 on Apr 27, 2020

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

isn't there like 10K flu deaths a year

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
who could have :thunk:

https://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/kentucky-sees-sharpest-rise-in-covid-19-cases-following-anti-lockdown-protests/

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Yeah, because that's why it's from the IRS and has your name on it.

I think that's referring the to extra stimulus that people on unemployment also get, not the one being issued by the IRS.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

wilderthanmild posted:

I think that's referring the to extra stimulus that people on unemployment also get, not the one being issued by the IRS.

Yeah, my bad.

Dammit, and I thought I caught him being even stupider than usual. DAMMIT, TRUMP!!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the federal gov has no ability to process and pay state unemployment claims

no idea what he is talking about

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

the federal gov has no ability to process and pay state unemployment claims

no idea what he is talking about

Oh, I'm not saying he's right. That definitely had to go through the states. He just wants to somehow make that a democrat plot and take credit for it.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1254750642599493632?s=20

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Oops, he's talking about the Bernie Bucks of $600 a week. Dammit!

Isn't he talking about the UI (that has been increased by 600 bucks), and not the 1200 trumpbux?

That's always been administered by the states. there is no federal agency that does that.

trump.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Ah yes, Covid-19, that famous conspiracy where millions of doctors and scientists from all over the world all got together in secret to lie about the flu in order for American hospitals to get rich off of shutting down their most profitable divisions.

Absolute genius, Bitchell.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

there was a new benefit for gig and self employed who traditionally aren’t covered by Unemployment

states have to to create the systems to disperse that which is hard because you know there is a pandemic happening and states don’t have unlimited budgets to spend their way out of problems and are bound (mostly) by law unlike Treasury

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
SO can you guys not get groceries delivered by amazon/whole foods? I live right behind a grocery store that I pretty much never go to now because it's about the same price as getting whole foods delivered.

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

AceOfFlames posted:

"fenugreek"
"collard greens"
"Mustard greens"
"kombu"
"guajillo peppers"

Once. Just loving ONCE, I would like to find recipe books or sites not loaded with weird ingredients that are either made with an American audience in mind or assume everyone has access to an exotic grocery store. How about someone make a recipe book called "15 Minute Vegetarian Recipes Made With Vegetables Available in Every Grocery Store In The World And You Can Probably Grow Yourself"? Or how about "The 5 Easy To Grow Meals That You Can Eat Every Day To Maintain Nutrition Even In The Face Of The Apocalypse That Don't Require Having Access To Literal Tons Of Beans"? When are we getting THOSE books?

lmao collard greens and mustard greens are southern staples

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

sometimes i wonder about all the insane pressers that i'm missing out on

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/waff48/status/1254753412383735810?s=20

quote:

“We tried to make it work the first week. We put together a schedule, and what we found is that forcing a child who is that young into a fake teaching situation is really, really hard,” said Alexandra Nicholson, whose son is in kindergarten in a town outside Boston.

“I’d rather have him watch classic Godzilla movies and play in the yard and pretend to be a Jedi rather than figure out basic math.”

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

AceOfFlames posted:

"fenugreek"
"collard greens"
"Mustard greens"
"kombu"
"guajillo peppers"

Once. Just loving ONCE, I would like to find recipe books or sites not loaded with weird ingredients that are either made with an American audience in mind or assume everyone has access to an exotic grocery store. How about someone make a recipe book called "15 Minute Vegetarian Recipes Made With Vegetables Available in Every Grocery Store In The World And You Can Probably Grow Yourself"? Or how about "The 5 Easy To Grow Meals That You Can Eat Every Day To Maintain Nutrition Even In The Face Of The Apocalypse That Don't Require Having Access To Literal Tons Of Beans"? When are we getting THOSE books?

do u only eat hamburger frenchfry & pizza?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
still lmaoing at all the parents finding out how much of a loving poo poo their kids are it owns

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/KPRC2/status/1254753676394143744?s=20

:texas:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

euphronius posted:

there was a new benefit for gig and self employed who traditionally aren’t covered by Unemployment

states have to to create the systems to disperse that which is hard because you know there is a pandemic happening and states don’t have unlimited budgets to spend their way out of problems and are bound (mostly) by law unlike Treasury

yeah there's two ways to get the bernie bucks
1) you're one of the 20m who got laid off from your normal w-2 job and were able to register online and receive normal unemployment benefits of max ~400 bucks a week from the state + 600/week bernie bucks that the states get reimbursed for by the feds? (not sure how they get the 600)
2) you want to get Pandemic Unemployment Asssitance - uber drivers, instacart, lobbyists, anyone 1099 or sole proprietor etc, who lost wages due to covid and/or dont feel safe going to work. Only one?? state , massachusetts, has set this up. you get mystery money based on prior earnings + $600 / week of bernie bucks . the feds absolutely could have done this and letting states do it means every red state is never going to and make all those people get back to work by just implementing it as slowly and badly as possible.
to be fair there's going to be a lot of weird loopholes like can a NEET just say they wanted to do instacart but were scared and now need 600/week

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

lol teachers are underpaid and have to buy their own supplies for their class

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
“But we have to be honest, the kids are not OK.”

somebody finally said it

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the numbers from pa seems to be they got about 100k applications for the new gig unemployment compared to 1.5m traditional claims

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

Just buy Accent. It is just straight msg

an ajinomoto bag lasts a long time

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

please stop posting Bill Mitchell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

mastershakeman posted:

2) you want to get Pandemic Unemployment Asssitance - uber drivers, instacart, lobbyists, anyone 1099 or sole proprietor etc, who lost wages due to covid and/or dont feel safe going to work. Only one?? state , massachusetts, has set this up. you get mystery money based on prior earnings + $600 / week of bernie bucks . the feds absolutely could have done this and letting states do it means every red state is never going to and make all those people get back to work by just implementing it as slowly and badly as possible.

WA for sure has a system in place, you just have to file for reg unemployment & get denied to qualify for EUI

also

euphronius posted:

please stop posting Bill Mitchell