Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Is there gonna be a second round of stimulus checks or are we all just hosed?

nothing in the works at the moment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Is there gonna be a second round of stimulus checks or are we all just hosed?

v shaped recovery baby

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

pancake rabbit posted:

love to wake up and start my week seeing that tyson foods published a full page ad in nyt and wapo that says verbatim "the food supply chain is breaking"

2020 owns

My girlfriend saw an article about that on CNN and told me to buy all the chicken breasts I can

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

FAUXTON posted:

yeah, they're contracted for the stuff they already started but there ain't new jobs in the pipeline so idk start a podcast now so you have patreon money coming in when they lay you off.

here;s ya boy mike with the best ways to lay commercial pipe, sponsored by blue apron

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

fits my needs posted:

does this mean a buncha people in construction and stuff will also lose their jobs because of this 'lag time' or whatever?

yes

Wave 1 of unemployment are all the immediate service sector jobs when we closed all those businesses directly.

Wave 2 will be the lag of nobody signing new contracts/projects laying waste to project-based companies and the workers who then build those buildings or whatever.

Wave 3 will be massive state and local austerity as the federal government fails to provide any relief, forcing tens of thousands off of government payrolls across the country.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Lol if what Tyson is saying is true I wonder how close we are to an actual famine in a few months

(Within the US at least, the famine is already starting elsewhere in the poorer areas of the world)

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

euphronius posted:

nothing in the works at the moment

Nancy is very seriously considering UBI now!!! Wow!

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Arsenic Lupin posted:

They're angry because they were told to shut down after becoming infection hotspots. They claim that they offered masks and told sick people to go home with pay, but that's not what people on the lines say.

Hmm, sounds legit.

"please sir, go home with pay!"

"No, I must continue repetitively cutting meat until I die!"

Meat packing places are some of the absolute worst places to work. There's a reason only Somali refugees are willing to work there

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Not sure about you guys, but if an effective vaccine was available for everyone tomorrow and things 'reopened', I don't think I'd go to restaurants nearly as much as I did before all this started. I'm comfortable spending all my time at home and not going out now.

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Not a Children posted:

Can't build stuff that isn't designed

sure you can

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

lots of covid 19 related criminality going on in 1600 penn ave

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

england can lorry my balls

I thought about saying that I wasn’t specifically defending the word “lorry” because it is a silly word.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Blockade posted:

. I'm comfortable spending all my time at home and not going out now.
:goonsay:

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

Gio posted:

to translate: im too dumb to help my child with adding fractions

tbf their kids could be dumb as gently caress. absolute knobs

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Liberals hate the hard workers of America, who don’t expect anything from Uncle Sam but what they worked for ( and the thoughtful Easter gift from President Teynp).

Open America back up so I can go back to wolf-whistling and cat-calling shapely dames with big gams.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

Arsenic Lupin posted:

They're angry because they were told to shut down after becoming infection hotspots. They claim that they offered masks and told sick people to go home with pay, but that's not what people on the lines say.

One of the largest Tyson plants is here in the same little lovely TN town I work and I can assure you only like 5-10% of the population of Bedford County TN are actually wearing masks or following any sort of stay at home order. I'm the only person in the office wearing a mask today.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Mr Hootington posted:

Just buy Accent. It is just straight msg

hol y poo poo

I honestly did not know that. thank you

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Blockade posted:

Not sure about you guys, but if an effective vaccine was available for everyone tomorrow and things 'reopened', I don't think I'd go to restaurants nearly as much as I did before all this started. I'm comfortable spending all my time at home and not going out now.

Staying home rules. I have like 6 Switch games to beat and a cool puzzle game (Conduct Together), lots of Netflix shows and I'm good on food. My girlfriend and I get enough time to ourselves especially since I like doing outside chores so the risk of strangling each other is low. Plus we like the same Netflix series mostly

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

brugroffil posted:

yes

Wave 1 of unemployment are all the immediate service sector jobs when we closed all those businesses directly.

Wave 2 will be the lag of nobody signing new contracts/projects laying waste to project-based companies and the workers who then build those buildings or whatever.

Wave 3 will be massive state and local austerity as the federal government fails to provide any relief, forcing tens of thousands off of government payrolls across the country.

poo poo i barely remember when california furloughed hella people, can't be good for state pensions and what not either. i guess we are all hosed. :350: :rznv:

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

I’ve taken out college debt so I learn to shoot steam out of my ears whenever a broad with thicc ankles walks by, and Uncle Sam won’t even recognize me as an estential worker.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/KRON4WTran/status/1254775011123933186?s=20

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

fits my needs posted:

here;s ya boy mike with the best ways to lay commercial pipe, sponsored by blue apron

nah just do the leftist branding thing where you yell excuses for two hours about why you can't organize community food security because of chuck schumer or some poo poo

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I had a boomer at work ask me if I knew anyone who was sick. He then started hinting that the 'rona isn't a thing because he also didn't know anyone who was sick.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

trying to get a job as a Devoss paid protestor but whenever Betsy talks to me I start slamming the top of the table, rattling the silverware as fireworks shoot out of the top of my head

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

brugroffil posted:

yes

the whole small to mid sized bonds industry seems to think everything will just bounce back this summer :smith:

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Owned. lol at trying to cram a week's worth of busywork into Saturday.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
about half of my boomer relatives have already restarted their social calendar of visiting etc. at this point i think the aggressive lockdowns are just a way to sell lock-outs to liberals while smashing working people (and making sure only small biz fascists are out in the street opposing them), none of this poo poo is going to make a difference with how many people die or whatever. might as well just let people go back to work, gently caress it. is anyone itt striking on may 1

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

FAUXTON posted:

nah just do the leftist branding thing where you yell excuses for two hours about why you can't organize community food security because of chuck schumer or some poo poo

how much are the chapo cumhouse boys pulling in now? i think it was $150k a month last time i checked?

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Gio posted:

to translate: im too dumb to help my child with adding fractions

TBF the remote learning can be pretty intensive and even at the kindergarten level you need an adult there supervising them the entire time to make sure it's actually completed, which means they're not doing their work from home if that's even an option. Ideally this experience would lead to newfound respect for teachers, the vital role they play to allow economic acitivity and the insane difficulty of somehow corralling up to 30 brats at the same time. How do they even do that? Maybe shouting.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Trying to homeschool while working full time is a loving joke.

Not to mention finding time to post in cspam!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

COVID19 related crimes such as:

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

about half of my boomer relatives have already restarted their social calendar of visiting etc. at this point i think the aggressive lockdowns are just a way to sell lock-outs to liberals while smashing working people (and making sure only small biz fascists are out in the street opposing them), none of this poo poo is going to make a difference with how many people die or whatever. might as well just let people go back to work, gently caress it. is anyone itt striking on may 1

this is like a sad reality...not a lifting of lockdowns for any scientific or ethical reasons, but because basically most of the world has said “gently caress it” to trying to meaningfully avoid and resolve the problem in a balanced or caring way. Human nature hasn’t really changed in the last 100 years and I don’t think there is momentum to make it better. Especially in America where healthcare is a personal obligation not a basic right, the national psyche is going to break because 10% of the country doesn’t give a gently caress

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
too bad parents figuring out that teaching is hard won't translate to better wages for teachers

also sorry american education p much blows for the majority of people so trying to conceptualize things that isn't spoon fed from opinion pieces on news gonna be real hard for people

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Being brown and speaking a language that is not Murican

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

I work in philanthropy, which is fake, and part of my portfolio includes arts organizations and they are eating poo poo right now as a heads up. RIP community theater, choirs, etc.

OTOH this might also be the end of improv and this to me is an acceptable loss

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

sonatinas posted:

also sorry american education p much blows for the majority of people so trying to conceptualize things that isn't spoon fed from opinion pieces on news gonna be real hard for people

Tell me about these young people that watch TV news. Do they do this after reading the newspapers?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Dr. VooDoo posted:

https://twitter.com/GottaLaff/status/1254766576294744067?s=20

https://twitter.com/CBSEveningNews/status/1254777549520957440?s=20

https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/status/1252196947856887814?s=20

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

pancake rabbit posted:

love to wake up and start my week seeing that tyson foods published a full page ad in nyt and wapo that says verbatim "the food supply chain is breaking"

2020 owns

and tyson would have no profit motive to be alarmist about difficulties confined to the meat industry

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

plinkey u can probably get liquor from restaurants that distill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I only drink wine so I’ve been ok