Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Blockade posted:

Not sure about you guys, but if an effective vaccine was available for everyone tomorrow and things 'reopened', I don't think I'd go to restaurants nearly as much as I did before all this started. I'm comfortable spending all my time at home and not going out now.

everybody homebody

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Clearly we are not sending our best

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
lol now they think pepcid ac works to prevent viral replication, I mean I’m taking it anyways for acid reflux so who knew. Glad I picked up a giant amount from Costco so I have some for the acid before everyone panic buys it

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

this came across my fb feed and yikes

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

lol of course Serco is running the tests. Couple of their execs got done for fraud a little while back when it came out that they'd been charging the government to tag prisoners who had died, still in prison, or not even in the country. No doubt some tory oval office is making bank off that.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Is there gonna be a second round of stimulus checks or are we all just hosed?

I'm going to bet there's going to be another by November, but I'm not going to toxx on it. It's going to be a token concession for a bailout for large corporations even bigger than last time. Last week or so, Congress passed a bill bailout out small businesses in exchange for minor "concessions" like paying for testing

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

How much of food production by tysons was going to conference centers and other places that arent serving rubber chicken anymore?

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

pancake rabbit posted:

love to wake up and start my week seeing that tyson foods published a full page ad in nyt and wapo that says verbatim "the food supply chain is breaking"

2020 owns

If you don't let us pack undocumented immigrants into disease ridden meat plants you will pay slightly more for your bacon

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

BMX Ninja posted:

It's amusing that Americans call it cilantro instead of the English name coriander. Presumably it was too zesty for the original settlers' bowls of gruel, and fell out of use until Mexican food started using it.

ohhhhh its coriander?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

the first hint that something is wrong with the supply chains is when trump said they are fine

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Seems like a good time for you all to stop eating meat.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/rrpre/status/1254781649704775680?s=20

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

about half of my boomer relatives have already restarted their social calendar of visiting etc. at this point i think the aggressive lockdowns are just a way to sell lock-outs to liberals while smashing working people (and making sure only small biz fascists are out in the street opposing them), none of this poo poo is going to make a difference with how many people die or whatever. might as well just let people go back to work, gently caress it. is anyone itt striking on may 1

I can guarantee that the instant the lock down is lax enough that my mom can go play cards with the other olds, she's out the door. Being stuck at home with my dad is driving her nuts.

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

CODChimera posted:

the first hint that something is wrong with the supply chains is when trump said they are fine

our supply chain is hosed now?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

not sure how cost-effective drone delivery is going to be when you have a half hour of battery life

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Doc Fission posted:

OTOH this might also be the end of improv and this to me is an acceptable loss

My local place is already trying to do Zoom shows in desperation, and I'm like "nah"

Live theater won't be back until a vaccine hits

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeMyGod/status/1254773492018372609

quote:

Oklahoma Gov. Kevin Stitt asked President Donald Trump Saturday to declare the Covid-19 pandemic an “act of God” to shield the oil and gas industry as it grapples with the dual shocks of collapsed demand and surging supply as U.S. oil futures contracts briefly went negative this week.

A fellow Republican, Stitt asked for the federal declaration to “provide aid to our oil and gas industry and to protect the environment” by limiting over-production with nowhere to store the excess.

“We are asking your Administration to declare the COVID-19 pandemic a ‘force majeure’ or ‘act of God’ for the narrow purpose of protecting these producers from actions to cancel leases held by production as a resulting of production stoppage.”

On his first day in office in January 2019, Stitt declared that the mission of his office would be to “bring people to Jesus.”

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Schroedinger's Act of God

insurance payouts for the powerful, "gently caress you" for the powerless

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

fits my needs posted:

how much are the chapo cumhouse boys pulling in now? i think it was $150k a month last time i checked?

$168k a month for chapotraphouse. cumtown pulls about $55k.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

punchymcpunch posted:

ohhhhh its coriander?

yeah and it grows like loving mad. if you get a coriander plant you'll need to prune the fucker back and collect the seeds before they splooge all over the garden and take it over, like a cum infection.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Koirhor posted:

lol now they think pepcid ac works to prevent viral replication, I mean I’m taking it anyways for acid reflux so who knew. Glad I picked up a giant amount from Costco so I have some for the acid before everyone panic buys it

I thought you were joking but

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1254786367466246144

quote:

He said if famotidine works -- and that's a big if at this point -- it would be easy to use it on a widespread scale.
"It's generic, it's plentiful and it's inexpensive," he said.

But he emphasized that it might not work.

"We don't know if it has any benefit. We really don't. I swear we don't," he said. "People are hoping for anything. But we need to do this clinical trial."

He also emphasized that the patients in the study are in the hospital taking mega-doses intravenously -- doses about nine times what someone would normally take for heartburn.

"You should not go to the drugstore and take a bunch of heartburn medicine," he said.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Koirhor posted:

I hope omeprazole works cause I have a ton of that stuff lying around

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Bullfrog posted:

this came across my fb feed and yikes

Why the gently caress are people still on Facebook. I feel like the only people left on there are boomers and idiots

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

lol hydroxychloroquine strikes again! also worries about supply issues.

quote:

Half of the patient in the study will be given famotidine in addition to hydroxychloroquine. The other half will be given intravenous saline as a placebo, which has no effect.

Hydroxychloroquine might not be used in the study moving forward, since last week, the US Food and Drug Administration warned against its use for coronavirus because of possible side effects.

Tracey said the independent board monitoring the trial will make the decision about whether to continue including hydroxychloroquine in the study.

He added that Northwell kept the study quiet until now because of the experience with doctors rushing to put patients on hydroxychloroquine. He doesn't want that same rush for intravenous famotidine -- it's unclear if it works, and if there's a rush on the drug, his research team might not have enough for their study subjects.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Absolutely not

https://mobile.twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1254783137315348481

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

nice of them to provide the exact multiplier for people to go out and take, nine times the recommended dose you say

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Admiral Ray posted:

lol hydroxychloroquine strikes again! also worries about supply issues.

lol I missed that

They're just trying to find an excuse to keep using Hydroxycholoroquine

"IT WORKS when paired with Pepcid BUT IT WORKS hope your heart doesn't explode"

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

this was expected anyway, tbh

it's funny because of the lawyers I know they all remember when they covered it in Contracts as a kind of lol we have to cover this but you will never see it used

my favorite definition of Act of God is its an act that no just and good God would ever do

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

MorrisBae posted:

lol I missed that

They're just trying to find an excuse to keep using Hydroxycholoroquine

"IT WORKS when paired with Pepcid BUT IT WORKS hope your heart doesn't explode"

nah, they're really trying but most people don't see how the science sausage is made. it's always guessing and testing, guessing and testing. with fancy computers we can reduce the number of things to guess, but they're still guesses. they'll likely take the hydroxychloroquine out now because it's not just ineffective, it's harmful.

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

nice of them to provide the exact multiplier for people to go out and take, nine times the recommended dose you say

keeping the boomers from despair imo

it wont do them any damage at least

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Eating animals is counter revolutionary, comrades

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

The other day the apartment building across the street got raided by ambulances, emts, and a few cops in full professional looking ppe.

What was crazy to me is right in the middle of this, while they are literally wheeling someone out, were white boomers walking their dogs right through the anti-roni base camp without a mask or anything like it wasn't even happening.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

hell yeah.

i need more cashews tho, hmm

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I will never intentionally eat less meat, even if I have to raise it myself like I already do for good vegetables with a garden.

Never

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Cilantro tastes like soap and can get hosed.

Sorry about your genes

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/business/status/1254753262961655810?s=21

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

Mons Hubris posted:

I hope omeprazole works cause I have a ton of that stuff lying around

omeprazole is a proton pump inhibitor, pepcid is a h2 antagonist... i guess they think the histamine blocking of pepcid is useful somehow

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

AceOfFlames posted:

"fenugreek"
"collard greens"
"Mustard greens"
"kombu"
"guajillo peppers"

Once. Just loving ONCE, I would like to find recipe books or sites not loaded with weird ingredients that are either made with an American audience in mind or assume everyone has access to an exotic grocery store. How about someone make a recipe book called "15 Minute Vegetarian Recipes Made With Vegetables Available in Every Grocery Store In The World And You Can Probably Grow Yourself"? Or how about "The 5 Easy To Grow Meals That You Can Eat Every Day To Maintain Nutrition Even In The Face Of The Apocalypse That Don't Require Having Access To Literal Tons Of Beans"? When are we getting THOSE books?

http://www.achewood.com/honorclub/ckbk1_honor_system_full.pdf

quote:

I have a home filled with cookbooks written by professional chefs.
Their recipes call for ingredients I can't source, vague techniques I
can't execute and equipment to which I simply don't have access.
Most of us just have a stove with two or four weak burners, an oven,
hand-me-down pots and pans and a mediocre grocery store around
the corner with a lousy produce section and a basic selection of
flavorless meats and inedible seafood. We want to make something
besides Top Ramen with parmesan from delivered pizza, but have no
desire to clarify our own stocks or knead fresh pasta. We don't need
a recipe that serves 8. We don't need someone to explain why one of
the lesser grades of caviar is actually preferable to the most
expensive grade. We don't need a picture of Emeril pretending to
look apologetically at a crayfish

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

:unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.

pancake rabbit posted:

love to wake up and start my week seeing that tyson foods published a full page ad in nyt and wapo that says verbatim "the food supply chain is breaking"

2020 owns

this is a move to get free money from the government