Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Bip Roberts posted:

just laughing at collards being fancy now

when lock down lifts I'm gonna be eating poke salad on white linen at $30/plate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

what is motivating people to post every bill mitchell tweet in every thread

like seriously I get occasionally mocking dumb people but the degree to which some people feel compelled to flood threads with chud misinformation has got to reflect some mental disorder

it’s inevitably one person with a dumb person twitter obsession and a couple ignorant lurkers who don’t know better than to not quote them

like that one person in the uk thread with the frances weetman fetish

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.
Number of deaths for leading causes of death

Heart disease: 647,457

Cancer: 599,108

Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936

Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201

Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383

Alzheimer’s disease: 121,404

Diabetes: 83,564

Influenza and pneumonia: 55,672 Roni 55,729

Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 50,633

Intentional self-harm (suicide): 47,173

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

OpenSourceBurger posted:

To be fair there is a certain fascinating madness to Mitchell. Like...his sheer unwillingness to see Covid as anything worse than the sniffles is stunning. Watching him shift from "THIS IS NOTHING" to full on "THE DEAD WOULD WISH FOR THE LIVING TO MOVE ON" is amazing.

It's like watching a guy push at a PLEASE PULL door for like 15 minutes straight.

No it is just stupid

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

it’s inevitably one person with a dumb person twitter obsession and a couple ignorant lurkers who don’t know better than to not quote them

like that one person in the uk thread with the frances weetman fetish
this should be treated like the Roni, once a thread reaches community transmission of chud misinformation then quarantine all new cases

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.

NofrikinfuN posted:

okay, but what are the survivor outlooks like in each scenario at the 12 month mark? 10 months is a long time to mourn the dead

i don't understand the question, but i would like to. what's up here?

OpenSourceBurger
Sep 25, 2019

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

No it is just stupid

~coughs into hand~

~adjusts microphone~

~leans in~

Much like your posting.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

bitchell's gimmick is smug incorrectness that angers libs and he gets as much traffic from them as he does his chud following that has no motive other than smearing poo poo on the walls

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

this should be treated like the Roni, once a thread reaches community transmission of chud misinformation then quarantine all new cases
wait actually once it gets to community transmission it's too late nevermind

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

MorrisBae posted:

Instead of another $1200 stimulus payment every few months, we're all going to get $100/month forever because they think we're dumb

Considering Nancy's only previous political accomplishment was gouging the living gently caress out of the poor and working class so that her donors never have to pay taxes, the new Pelosi "let them eat cake" policy will be a massive step up for that loving ghoul.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Everything about America indicates this will happen, but nothing about America indicates that the courts would side with the patrons over the restaurants

Also America doesn't have the case reporting or testing infrastructure to trace the outbreak in terms of time or location of infection once things really get going. Even if you could prove someone has the roni, you can't prove that's the person from whom you caught it :v:

I imagine some restaurants don’t feel secure that they won’t get sued but know if they stay closed they’ll go out of business anyway so might as well take the chance and collect as much money as they can before it crashes.

slopJoe 2020330 posted:

tbh i've always thought the "maybe wear a mask all the time on the subways and stuff" culture in china/japan was smart, cool, etc

I’ve always worn a mask during cold/flu season because my therapists office is in a medical center with babies and immunocompromised people in it too and I have this feeling that just because I never seem to get sick doesn’t mean I’m not some sort of asymptomatic carrier and I don’t want to give anyone flu or something. And in a medical center during flu season I still always get looks and comments for wearing a mask. It makes people really uncomfortable, maybe because people associate it with sickness and in American culture ignoring sickness is like a whole thing idk. People are reckless and get offended if you try to do things that benefit them. Kinda weird.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

https://twitter.com/ariasagirl/status/1123681771789389824

i say through a mouth filled with hot pockets (pepperoni)

Zberan Madowinty
Dec 7, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/CaroRCummings/status/1254813158537117699

lol Iowa had the biggest increase of any state in the past week and the governor is going to allow restaurants to open again starting Friday hahahahahahaha

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Zberan Madowinty posted:

lol Iowa had the biggest increase of any state in the past week and the governor is going to allow restaurants to open again starting Friday hahahahahahaha

forget restaurants, loving gyms are a plague reservoir at the best of times and the only reason people who work out aren't constantly sick is because of their strong immune systems. for a virus this virulent it's like a leper colony lol

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Outrail posted:

That's something worth of attention and we're happy to announce the creation of a committee to look into the possibility of Nancy Pelosi going to gently caress herself.

God was a dream of good government

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Admiral Ray posted:

$168k a month for chapotraphouse. cumtown pulls about $55k.

lol - capitalism is for me not for thee.

Assholes.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Roll that beautiful corpse footage

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Let them open everything up who cares. No one is going to go to a loving restaurant anymore. The old world is dead. It's just the brain dead chuds that will go out like once or twice, catch it, and die. I just hope they don't take out too many innocent people with them.

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

dex_sda posted:

forget restaurants, loving gyms are a plague reservoir at the best of times and the only reason people who work out aren't constantly sick is because of their strong immune systems. for a virus this virulent it's like a leper colony lol

It is weird because most gyms closed way before restaurants and retail did, at least where I live.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

COVID-420 posted:

i don't understand the question, but i would like to. what's up here?

basically the problem you pose has two scenarios:12 months of quarantine during which people are dying the whole time and we are seeing radical economic shifts which will probably not be for the better since our elected leaders are a moronic death cult, OR 2 months of people dying very quickly

after 12 months in scenario 1, we are just crossing the finish line and the stress of quarantine and people dying are finally over and now its time to start picking up the pieces

after 12 months in scenario 2, a similar number of people died in an expedited timeframe and weve spent the last ten months mourning the dead and rebuilding

basically they are both bad, so there is something to be said for getting it over with

though i would like to add that waiting for a miracle might save lives in scenario 1 and thats our strategy for climate change :shrug:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Force Fem the world!

https://twitter.com/hiHelloHans/status/1254784629896167424?s=20

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

NofrikinfuN posted:

basically the problem you pose has two scenarios:12 months of quarantine during which people are dying the whole time and we are seeing radical economic shifts which will probably not be for the better since our elected leaders are a moronic death cult, OR 2 months of people dying very quickly

after 12 months in scenario 1, we are just crossing the finish line and the stress of quarantine and people dying are finally over and now its time to start picking up the pieces

after 12 months in scenario 2, a similar number of people died in an expedited timeframe and weve spent the last ten months mourning the dead and rebuilding

basically they are both bad, so there is something to be said for getting it over with

though i would like to add that waiting for a miracle might save lives in scenario 1 and thats our strategy for climate change :shrug:

In scenario 2, the health system collapses over the course of about eight weeks due to excessive peak demands and 5-10x as many people die as a result.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

woo woo 3m

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Starks posted:

It is weird because most gyms closed way before restaurants and retail did, at least where I live.

I'm looking forward to the class action suit over Planet Fitness still billing people.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Zberan Madowinty posted:

Only for the 77 lowest counties! What's that? Tons of people commute from small towns into those red hot zones for work?

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I don't get why people act like the gender difference is baffling. Aren't hypertension and heart disease, both common comorbidities, more common in men?

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

The Oldest Man posted:

In scenario 2, the health system collapses over the course of about eight weeks due to excessive peak demands and 5-10x as many people die as a result.

not to mention all the bodies piling up in the streets like happened in Ecuador

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.

NofrikinfuN posted:

i'm not proposing two scenarios. we were in 1 scenario. now we're in another.

there was no scenario in which we "get it over with". that's pure death cult thinking. we've known this since march.

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1254823026732019712

:stoked:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

the answer to this is no btw

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

wilderthanmild posted:

I don't get why people act like the gender difference is baffling. Aren't hypertension and heart disease, both common comorbidities, more common in men?

the gender differences aren’t surprising but (my understanding was) those gender differences tend to be baked in at puberty, not something a retroactive estrogen pump would fix, so having “let’s dump some estrogen in and see what happens” sounds funky and/or desperate to me

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
I will never not laugh at lockdown protesters catching the virus.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

i got really bored so i watched blackhead videos

some people really don't loving take care of their skin, holy poo poo

lol

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

FizFashizzle posted:

the answer to this is no btw

We should still try

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Just open it up. Whatever lmao

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

the gender differences aren’t surprising but (my understanding was) those gender differences tend to be baked in at puberty, not something a retroactive estrogen pump would fix, so having “let’s dump some estrogen in and see what happens” sounds funky and/or desperate to me

nah its about lifestyle

men are more likely to be heavy smokers and drinkers
someone who's sucked down a pack a day for fifty years doesn't have a lot of biologcal reserve to lean on

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Lady Militant posted:

drat that blonde is super hot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

pancake rabbit posted:

well for everyone hoping for aliens, looks like the pentagon wants to revive that plotline

https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/1254814454312775686

thats a photo shopped tie fighter if i ever saw one