Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

precision posted:

Bobby episodes > Peggy episodes

What about the episode with both, like "Old Glory" and "Goodbye Normal Jeans"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

precision posted:

Bobby episodes > Peggy episodes

Dale episodes >

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Another Bill posted:

Don't apologize to me friend.

REally it's me who seems to have the most problems with it

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

joshtothemaxx posted:

But then it's redeemed tenfold the next week with Megalo Dale.

Locked in a place overnight is one of my favorite storytelling conceits and this one delivers in spades

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

:hai:

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I will say, my favorite episode is the Dale- centric one Soldier of Misfortune. That is peak KotH right there.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Marin Karin posted:

The only episode I'd cut out of here would be Racist Dawg.

Night & Deity is lowkey one of the best episodes. "THIS IS WHAT YOU DOOOO?!"

Yeah, that's a pretty crummy episode (although Peggy crowing over her "strongly prefers the company of black people" result is pretty funny) but the rest of that season is solid to great.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Hihohe posted:

I will say, my favorite episode is the Dale- centric one Soldier of Misfortune. That is peak KotH right there.

My name is...Mister Big

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Hihohe posted:

Bill was ok after tumbling into the pit because the skeleton broke his fall.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I can't believe "King of the Ant Hill" is from season 1. It's so weird. Bobby ends up becoming a slave to an ant colony after huffing an ant queens pheromones, and sometime after that the entire colony crawls onto Bobby but doesn't bite him. Dale grabs his hand, which causes every single ant to crawl onto Dale in order to bite him because these ants apparently have been dying to get a chance to bite just Dale.

And it sort of implies that Bobby already knows Dale isn't Josephs dad. I think there's a brief conversation that goes like,

Joseph : "That's an ant queen, you know like on top of my dads van."
Bobby : "You mean Dale Gribbles van?"
Joseph : "Yeah, my dad."

So that's established earlier than I thought lol

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

BigDave posted:

My name is...Mister Big

A Twiiix

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Dale : Oh, God, I'm a dead man. If you guys are seen with me, Mr. Big will kill you too! So get out of here. Hank, Boomhauer, you got a lot to live for! Bill, you can stay or go, doesn't matter.

Hank : Dang it, Dale. Mad Dog is not Mr. Big, I am Mr. Big.

Dale : [long pause] No you're not.

Hank : [In Mr. Big's voice] I AM Mr. Big.

Dale : [gasping in horror] But... I've known you since the second grade! When... when did this happen? First grade?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Dale episodes > Bill episodes

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah the ant queen episode is great

Buddha Bobby is another good'un

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
Cotton episodes >

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
someones got a birthday i wonder who

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Doppelganger posted:

Cotton episodes >

same i love the one where bobby burns down a church because he got lutefisk shits and lets cotton take the blame

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Cotton vs Peggy is also the rivalry of the century, I love it.

"Mmm, smells like pancakes... I'll have waffles!"

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

someones got a birthday i wonder who

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyL8VkjvoWg

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Kinda weird how there were very few "Boomhauer episodes"

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Pigmalion is great and it aired in season 7 but was made like 2 years earlier but FOX didn't want to air it

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

precision posted:

he's a sage but his actual days are spent working on his car, womanizing,and texas rangering. there isn't a lot to work with there and i think he had the right number of episodes. he's better at dispensing bits of wisdom and philosophy in a "do as i say, not as i do" sort of way

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

precision posted:

There was his brother getting married and maybe the one about his car?

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

precision posted:

they can’t show that on television.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Early Hank eps > Peggy eps > Cotton eps > Bobby eps > Dale and Nancy eps > Luanne/Lucky eps > Bill eps > Kahn eps > Late Hank eps

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Deedee gets surprisingly very little air time.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

She's pretty one note.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?

The White Dragon posted:

same i love the one where bobby burns down a church because he got lutefisk shits and lets cotton take the blame

"I lit a match, in self-defense" is one of the funniest lines in the show

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

that one will boomhauer falls asleep in a tube and gets hassled by the cops was good iirc

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

FBS posted:

that one will boomhauer falls asleep in a tube and gets hassled by the cops was good iirc

This one is funnier with the show's finale revealing he's a Texas Ranger.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

FBS posted:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
What episodes show the early days of Dale and Nancy? I'm trying to remember anything about why they ever dated or whatever and drawing a blank, surely that was explored at some point

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I think the closest you'll get is the flashback to Dale's wedding in the episode where they renew their vows.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

Bobby, every woman has a period

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Racist Dawg almost feels like a Family Guy episode.

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

FBS posted:

Bobby, every woman has a period

Even mom?

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
Minh may have only gotten one episode where she was the main character, but I’m glad it was a good one (skeet shooting).

Minh is one of the more underrated characters imho.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Racist Dawg almost feels like a Family Guy episode.

This is how I feel about a lot of season 12/13, and frankly a lot of earlier episodes with crazy ridiculous premises.

Like the one where Bill steals a tank? Hard not to imagine that episode working with Joe from Family Guy. The one where Khan is manic depressive and builds a grill that can automatically make perfect burgers? Seems like a Quagmire episode to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

PinheadSlim posted:

I can't believe "King of the Ant Hill" is from season 1. It's so weird. Bobby ends up becoming a slave to an ant colony after huffing an ant queens pheromones, and sometime after that the entire colony crawls onto Bobby but doesn't bite him. Dale grabs his hand, which causes every single ant to crawl onto Dale in order to bite him because these ants apparently have been dying to get a chance to bite just Dale.

I'm pretty sure that American Dad does this exact same plot with Steve and bees in season 1.