Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

fermun posted:

san francisco is trying to test every single person in a specific spot of the zip code with the most cases so far (though it's not the highest per-capita cases), and expanded the region this morning, and it's now literally on the other side of the street from me. dang.

lol imagine dying at zuckerberg hospital

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

BeefThief posted:

this is extreme wishful thinking on the part of the commercial real estate industry...now that people are set up to work from home (and their managers know they're available 24/7) I'd guess about 35% of office workers never return to the office, or do only rarely.

lol I hope that's true for my industry, but it's frightening the sheer number of managers who absolutely cannot function without physical access to employees and who are now freaking the gently caress out about how lazy employees are and how it isn't their fault that deadlines are slipping, it's all because they can't micromanage and literally peek over their workers shoulders

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
xposting from the bird thread.

I know nothing about birds.

A budgie parrot fly into my backyard today and now its alternating between hanging out in very short tree and coming down to where we have some wild birdseed.

My wife is trying through social media to find its owner. It is definitely a pet, it landed on my wife's hand when she stuck her finger out.

I don't have a birdcage, should I try and house this thing overnight and if so what is a good makeshift temporary thing for a bird? Is it better left outside to return to its owner?

I really don't want to die going to pet-smart to get a birdcage. Is this thing going to get Hawk'd by a predator?

Anything I should know so I don't accidentally kill it? Can I get the covid from it?

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

fermun posted:

san francisco is trying to test every single person in a specific spot of the zip code with the most cases so far (though it's not the highest per-capita cases), and expanded the region this morning, and it's now literally on the other side of the street from me. dang.

I'm Zuckerberg general hospital

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

fermun posted:

https://twitter.com/jeffmason1/status/1255182136925130752
how long until prison labor is used in meat processing plants?

Five years ago at least. Maybe 15.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
I like watching movies where the president is respected and laughing

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

baw posted:

The only thing worse than having a loved one die at Zuckerberg hospital is receiving the surprise bill afterwards, since it's always out of network.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

baw posted:

lmao

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

baw posted:

tag your friends

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

sullat posted:

The only thing worse than having a loved one die at Zuckerberg hospital is receiving the surprise bill afterwards, since it's always out of network.

it's literally the worst in the US
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/1/7/18137967/er-bills-zuckerberg-san-francisco-general-hospital

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Wow, all that McDonald's really got to him.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

FAUXTON posted:

tag your friends

If you die in Zuck Hospital Facebook will automatically update your relationship status to dead.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Philosopher King posted:

A budgie parrot fly into my backyard today and now its alternating between hanging out in very short tree and coming down to where we have some wild birdseed.

My wife is trying through social media to find its owner. It is definitely a pet, it landed on my wife's hand when she stuck her finger out.

I don't have a birdcage, should I try and house this thing overnight and if so what is a good makeshift temporary thing for a bird? Is it better left outside to return to its owner?

I really don't want to die going to pet-smart to get a birdcage. Is this thing going to get Hawk'd by a predator?

Anything I should know so I don't accidentally kill it? Can I get the covid from it?

congrats on your new bird, hope you dont get coronavirus from it

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

i also know nothing about birds but keep it in your bathroom maybe?

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

baw posted:

we were promised cyberpunk and by god we got it

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I miss living in that stupid city, but I also love hating on it at the same time

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

empty whippet box posted:

this is absolutely hilarious, beshear must feel completely hosed over.

He called Tupac personally to apologize then apologized again at his daily press conference.

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1255260587908612101?s=19

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006

BONGHITZ posted:

congrats on your new bird, hope you dont get coronavirus from it

it has flown the coop!

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

triple sulk posted:

funeral meme is the greatest of all time

big chungus was better

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

He called Tupac personally to apologize then apologized again at his daily press conference.

strange human actions from a gop governor

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

lol democrats

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think the thing that elevates the funeral meme is the presence of death footage

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Korean Boomhauer posted:

im the big homo

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

euphronius posted:

strange human actions from a gop governor

Democrat dude, cmon

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

apologizing is the natural state of a democrat and a canadian

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Democrat dude, cmon

what

oh never-mind I see now

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

lol jim hoft

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The dems are doing a full court press to make Andy the covid hero and the base can’t even be bothered to remember what team he’s on smh

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

cash crab posted:

Their death rate is only a tiny bit lower than my country's and we're still losing our loving marbles

They are sending people older than 70 home with morphine so they die quietly, that's how they can claim that the hospitals are not overwhelmed. There was a flap with a Turkish man who was sent away from a hospital multiple times and finally had to be repatriated by private jet back to Turkey for treatment. The Swedish media treated it like an underhanded Turk tactic to undermine their society when it just goes to show that midsommar wasn't that far off the mark

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

baw posted:

yeah the techno-dystopia got here years ago

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Litmus test for all future candidates: would they dare show weakness by apologizing to Tupac Shakur?

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Respect our precious red state dem governors, they’re literally who we’re fighting for

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

The dems are doing a full court press to make Andy the covid hero and the base can’t even be bothered to remember what team he’s on smh

He's only behind Whitmer in people the right wing media's trying to make Hitler incarnate so its especially strange.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

legit cant tell if this is fake or not

well other than the part where the same boat appears like twenty times

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
OK I'M STARTING UP A CRICKET FARM WHO'S WITH ME?? BEANS ARE A WELCOME SIDE CROP

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Tupac lives

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Philosopher King posted:

Budgies returning to random goons' backyards...

Nature is healing.

We are the virus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

sincx posted:

yeah the techno-dystopia got here years ago

2 years ago an old woman with dementia wandered out of a zuckerberg general hospital longterm care facility and got into a stairwell where she got trapped for 10 days and died because no one decided to search that stairwell in their search for her, and all of the news reported it as having happened at just "san francisco general", it's name before zuckerberg sent the board a fat check to get his name on it.