Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

I tried to reach my chud coworkers that we're risking our lives and being paid nothing for it, boomers come in and treat us like poo poo and it's okay with corporate and they give us nothing but claps and hang in there kitties while they jack off on zoom with each other.

I think something popped today, like I pulled a muscle that I use for hope in humanity and it came off the bone completely. It's like there's some space in every american's head where class consciousness should go and it's just not there. Every state is going to cave to capital, everyone will go to work and die and be proud of it. Anyone who thinks we're going to come to our senses and enact UBI or do stricter quarantines is loving kidding themselves.

It's going to be, go to work, die.

and Americans did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

You’re not going to stop me watching the new Jurassic World

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Steve Yun posted:

The 2020 Oscar nominees for Best Picture are going to be Harley Quinn, Onward, Jumanji, Bad Boys, Dolittle and Sonic The Hedgehog

Speaking of movies a lovely chain just shot itself in the head

https://twitter.com/verge/status/1255281889868472321?s=19

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Crazypoops posted:

I tried to reach my chud coworkers that we're risking our lives and being paid nothing for it, boomers come in and treat us like poo poo and it's okay with corporate and they give us nothing but claps and hang in there kitties while they jack off on zoom with each other.

I think something popped today, like I pulled a muscle that I use for hope in humanity and it came off the bone completely. It's like there's some space in every american's head where class consciousness should go and it's just not there. Every state is going to cave to capital, everyone will go to work and die and be proud of it. Anyone who thinks we're going to come to our senses and enact UBI or do stricter quarantines is loving kidding themselves.

and Americans did.

yessir

Nineball
Mar 27, 2010

He is starting to suspect Kras Mazov *fucked him over* personally with his socio-economic theory. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

Crazypoops posted:

and Americans did.

you're exactly right. Do what you can to take care of yourself and whoever will listen but beyond that cherish each crack ping and keep the faith lol

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

SKULL.GIF posted:

Things don't look that bad, yet.

i want a blood tube bandolier when i do field work :mad:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/scottimmordino/status/1255231572233551872?s=21

The Vinja Ninja
Mar 16, 2006

Sometimes, time beats you.

This image is the worst thing you can have happen to a dog/person/pet. That green slime can kill you or a dog within 1 hour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIavxAm4Mts

the chemical is called Very Fast Death Factor,

Do you think corona virus can get this in it too?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
kinda crazy that 'bars' as a thing is over

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

SKULL.GIF posted:

Things don't look that bad, yet.

I feel like I'm about to be told to leave the Bronx.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

:gonk:

I hope that dog isn't dead

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

lol they just signed their own death warrant. you know Disney, Time Warner and others saw what happened with the latest troll movie and how much money it made going direct to VOD

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I didn't know it was toxic, just thought it was funny. Pretend it had the pallbearers at the end if it helps.

Speaking of them, here is a goon made one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vG79nuLEUs

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

lol remember how two months ago we were all like going to work and worried about the primaries and poo poo

fuckin wild

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

i've run out of bourbon and am switching to some random bottle of wine and am NOT happy about it

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

pancake rabbit posted:

lol remember how two months ago we were all like going to work and worried about the primaries and poo poo

fuckin wild

Lol if you werent waiting for covid to hit the us and preparing. 2 months ago we all knew what was coming.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

pancake rabbit posted:

i've run out of bourbon and am switching to some random bottle of wine and am NOT happy about it

is it bubbly

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

NotNut posted:

and my point is that you drive them to a hospital. and this goes back to the thing about whether you think we're waiting for them to open a hospital in Dakota County Nebraska

what you're saying is that you think the ICU capacity of the urban areas is sufficient to carry both their own local population and the rest of the country that doesn't have any hospital support, and that's a nice idea for predictable stable things like cancer but this is a communicable disease, and americans are doing the absolute dumbest loving things imaginable to make it worse like, oh, I dunno, ignoring quarantine recommendations and directives to wear masks and stay away from each other

so, fyi, there's only about seventy five thousand (75,000) ICU beds in the entire US (many of which are specialized for other requirements than ARDS treatment)

so, y'know, no big deal maybe if the one big hospital in your state is full you can drive to another state I guess, and if they're full too just keep driving until you find one/die :shrug:

meanwhile you are spewing viruses everywhere etc etc

really it's like a comedy skit tbh, it sounds fun!

e: source https://www.aha.org/statistics/fast-facts-us-hospitals

Flesh Forge has issued a correction as of 06:09 on Apr 29, 2020

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
No one is going to go near movie theaters for the next two years anyways.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Inceltown posted:

I didn't know it was toxic, just thought it was funny. Pretend it had the pallbearers at the end if it helps.

Speaking of them, here is a goon made one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vG79nuLEUs

Every summer in Austin now we get these blooms and have to send out a bunch of PSAs to not let dogs in the creeks. Some end up dying anyway. Not all of those blue-green blooms will kill you, but you never know which ones are the lucky ones!

One neat side effect of climate change is it makes harmful cyanobacteria thrive more as well as their lovely friends like zebra mussels.

NotNut
Feb 4, 2020
I was planning to wear a mask but my local stores were out for so long that I just stopped checking

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Philthy posted:

No one is going to go near movie theaters for the next two years anyways.

anything that opens is going to see record business

number

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

NO

although there is an open bottle of bubbly downstairs

otoh too much work time to run a nephalem rift and go to bed

uhhhhhh covid content hold on

Judakel posted:

Lol if you werent waiting for covid to hit the us and preparing. 2 months ago we all knew what was coming.

well yeah no poo poo everyone itt knew about it but the rapidity of societal change is still something to behold

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I dunno about you guys but in LA we got guys on street corners selling $5 masks

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Every summer in Austin now we get these blooms and have to send out a bunch of PSAs to not let dogs in the creeks. Some end up dying anyway. Not all of those blue-green blooms will kill you, but you never know which ones are the lucky ones!

One neat side effect of climate change is it makes harmful cyanobacteria thrive more as well as their lovely friends like zebra mussels.

drat that sucks. We have nothing at all like that here so figured it was just a dog running at the grass that wasn't solid. Hope the little guy is safe.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Steve Yun posted:

Nature is healing itself

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!
So this is actually interesting, the vast majority of americans of all races overwhelmingly back the stay at home orders:

Pretty much proof that the narrative in the corporate media/reddit is being astroturfed by billionaires

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
shame, bubbly is where its at imo

i wore a silk scarf tied three layers around my face to the grocery today because there is nowhere to get a mask here

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
so what's been covidding today yall? same ole? things go down? up?

i also just realized we're gunna be like our great grandparents/aunts/uncles from the GD who were saving like shredded aluminum foil and ziploc baggies and cooking stews out of mushy brown vegetables, just incase, while everyone younger goes 'thats weird just buy more!!!"

it's ok son, just ignore aunt ethel and eloise jayden and zoey, they grew up during very trying times and it's just ingrained in them

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

bought discount cheese. feeling loving amazing

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Steve Yun posted:

If they're N95s it turns out dudes in north hollywood running fake hospices that are actually clubs and car washes getting fraudulent medicare payments are quite aware their claims activity is gonna get audited so they're needing to get rid of a bunch of masks they hoarded up early on

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I’ve only seen them with surgical masks

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

people are pinning cotton masks to telephone poles for free here

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/latimesent/status/1255302532567621634

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Crazypoops posted:

and Americans did.

The craziest thing will be when the political class choose to prop up failing medical insurance companies with public monies in order to stave off the looming spectre of M4A.

Sorry to all the good ones but boomers as a generational cohort can't die off fast enough.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Crazypoops posted:

and Americans did.

now you get it. we'll crab bucket each other before a billionaire is ever separated from his head (or wealth)

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Steve Yun posted:

I’ve only seen them with surgical masks

surgical masks might be part of the same thing or at least tangentially related in the great big universe of crimes which pay for tracksuits and white benzes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

pancake rabbit posted:

I switched from Wild Turkey to this weird wine cube and it's pretty good but I'm a cheap gently caress and I don't like expensive drinks.