Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Time_pants posted:

Right, but isn't there a rule that the Coronavirus can't infect rich, important people? They're, like, out of bounds of something.

It's magic, like a gun free zone, or a woman denying her rapist's seed. Just making sure I'm insulting both leftists and right wing so I don't get too much hate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

It's magic, like a gun free zone, or a woman denying her rapist's seed. Just making sure I'm insulting both leftists and right wing so I don't get too much hate.

it also cant go more than 6ft ever

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Kilo147 posted:

It's eerie going out during this. Kirkland is disturbingly quiet, save for the occasionally ambulance. Seems the only people out and about are playing Pokémon Go or walking their dogs.

Super eerie. With talk of South Carolina already starting to open back up, I went to downtown Charleston before sunrise to take photos of normally packed streets since they won't be in this state much longer.

Charleston in the Time of Coronavirus-4 by Will King, on Flickr

Charleston in the Time of Coronavirus-10 by Will King, on Flickr

Charleston in the Time of Coronavirus-18 by Will King, on Flickr

The full album:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/thekog/albums/72157714002428423

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
NICE^^^ :swoon:

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Looks like I'm back to work 2 days a week starting the 11th, while Utah's cases hit record highs ha

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

[quote="Doggles" post="504470881"]
Super eerie. With talk of South Carolina already starting to open back up, I went to downtown Charleston before sunrise to take photos of normally packed streets since they won't be in this state much longer.

I dont know if being at ground zero makes it better or worse. Still hear the occasional ambulances, always wonder if they're going to LifeCare still.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Kilo147 posted:

It's eerie going out during this. Kirkland is disturbingly quiet, save for the occasionally ambulance. Seems the only people out and about are playing Pokémon Go or walking their dogs.

You live inside a Costco? That owns.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

Derpies posted:

Looks like I'm back to work 2 days a week starting the 11th, while Utah's cases hit record highs ha

The economy thanks you o7

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

Chinatown posted:

My local Costco actually has condo towers on top.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Lazyhound posted:

The . . . gently caress? I'd rather live above and below bowling alleys like Grimes.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Lazyhound posted:

They have a door greeter just like those fancy New York apartment buildings!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py6gMdV5uKY

Hopes Fall
Sep 10, 2006
HOLY BOOBS, BATMAN!

Kilo147 posted:

On the bright side, I'm over a million stardust.

Aquamarie
Jul 22, 2004

do not swim without knowing jeez
My dad with COPD in the nursing home tested positive, so that's not great.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
My work just extended WFH policy until June. I was just getting excited to go back.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Pitdragon posted:

hey whoa, seems like you are trying to critique the united states in some way here, but according to our president we've done everything right and china is entirely to blame in this matter

the system is perfect and cannot fail

The system is too good, and thats why we're handling it so terribly

https://twitter.com/RealPressSecBot/status/1255353302600093697

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Nothing to worry about then if it's only because we have good testing that we have a million cases.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I am also curious with Trump issuing an executive order to keep the meat plants operating, are they gonna start forcing the sick employees to keep working?

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Chinatown posted:

Nah, I live down the street from LifeCare Center of Kirkland.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I am also curious with Trump issuing an executive order to keep the meat plants operating, are they gonna start forcing the sick employees to keep working?

I think the trick is to get every meat worker sick so the meat processing plants shut down for months. Then with collapse of the food supply throughout the US this becomes the fastest path to revolution. All the second amendment freaks better show up to the revolution rather than pussy out.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

My uncle is a manager at a plant, and he is sick presumably with Covid. The doctors told him he wasn't sick enough to get tested. A bunch of the other workers there are home sick or have sick family members. It would be crazy to force that place to stay open, it would become a crazy hotspot. The guys who work there are skilled and there is a very strong union presence. You cant replace them with a random dude off the street. The place will have to close down eventually for a while if too many people are all sick at once, regardless of what Trump wants.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

He got confused and misheard "we're done" as "well done"

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Can't declare the holding the election too dangerous and yourself president for another term if you don't somehow make sure "the flu" lasts until november

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Can't let a meat shortage get between him and his hamburders.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Hopper posted:

Can't declare the holding the election too dangerous and yourself president for another term if you don't somehow make sure "the flu" lasts until november

:stare: I honestly hope nobody is that evil clever in the White House.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Do the virus is real but freedom people get along with the virus is hoax people?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
The federal executive branch has like, no control over the election. Each state runs their own and if New York and California and a few others blue states run theirs by mail... the pressure on red states to do likewise is immense. States would have to postpone their own elections...

"The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations, except as to the Places of chusing Senators."

Good luck getting it through the House.

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Apr 29, 2020

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Rust Martialis posted:

The federal executive branch has like, no control over the election. Each state runs their own and if New York and California and a few others blue states run theirs by mail... the pressure on red states to do likewise is immense. States would have to postpone their own elections...

Have podcasters started theorizing how Trump is trying to kill the USPS so that mail-in elections would be too costly for poor people to vote, or how FedEx and UPS is going to "lose" ballots from neighborhoods that don't vote red? There are a lot of conspiracy theories going on about the Democrats evil plans, but I don't hear as much going the other way, and everyone seems to just accept that Trump and co. are just incompetently evil.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Rust Martialis posted:

"The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations, except as to the Places of chusing Senators."

Good luck getting it through the House.

And who exactly would step up to say " this may be a pandemic and state of emergency, but mr. Trump you can't just declare yourself president like that"? Ah yes, the patriotic and clear thinking citizens who only bought their massive arsenal of guns to be able to defend themselves if the government ever became fashist, I keep forgetting about those.

Oh wait, they actually support him and are currently matching armed and unchallenged, proclaiming this a hoax?

Seriously the state the US is in right now, nobody would oppose that, except in lame speeches, to then cave in anyway as long as the economy allegedly benefits.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

mrfart posted:

It doesn't have to be that expensive. (they're selling this through facebook).

A few million deaths will have been worth it if it finally means the end of all these loving open seating landscape office layouts

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I had huge cardboard panels like this but it was in my first apartment and set up around the toilet to catch splash damage.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

The Glumslinger posted:

The guys who work there are skilled and there is a very strong union presence. You cant replace them with a random dude off the street. The place will have to close down eventually for a while if too many people are all sick at once, regardless of what Trump wants.

I believe you but the problem is that people like Trump and other rich scum look at blue collar meat plant workers and go 'How hard can it be?'. There'll be a ton of unemployed folks who will gladly risk contracting COVID for a paycheck broadly proclaiming they'll take those jobs, qualified or not.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

BlackIronHeart posted:

I believe you but the problem is that people like Trump and other rich scum look at blue collar meat plant workers and go 'How hard can it be?'. There'll be a ton of unemployed folks who will gladly risk contracting COVID for a paycheck broadly proclaiming they'll take those jobs, qualified or not.

The union would sue the gently caress outta the company if they hired non union workers. And the plant would have to shut down during that too.

I’ve seen it happen at a hotel.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
people who have wealth don't look at hard labor/blue collar jobs and ask how hard can it be, they know how hard it can be, thats why they don't want to do it. they ask 'whats the lowest amount i can pay someone to do this work for the most gain'. thats capitalism 101

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Greetings from Iowa where 3863 of our 5860ish cases have occured in the last 10 days and we have a lot of old farmers and old people in general (My city is 60% people are over 65 yrs old) so naturally it's time to loving open up!

I hate this state. :shepicide:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

do we, the poor, just need to ask for help? if we respectfully ask will the rich help?

what happens if they say no?

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.

Romes128 posted:

The union would sue the gently caress outta the company if they hired non union workers. And the plant would have to shut down during that too.

I’ve seen it happen at a hotel.

Except if the union pulls that wont the company just spin the pr like they have been fore the last month?

"We took every action and followed the cdc guidelines..even asked the government in this difficult time where we all need to work together... and greedy politically driven folk are preventing us from addressing this devastating food shortage! Wrote to your governor. Let them know underhanded exploitative practices is not the American way! #OpenAmerica #Wheresthebeef"

You goddamn know someone is gonna try to use this to bust some unions.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

nullEntityRNG posted:

Except if the union pulls that wont the company just spin the pr like they have been fore the last month?

"We took every action and followed the cdc guidelines..even asked the government in this difficult time where we all need to work together... and greedy politically driven folk are preventing us from addressing this devastating food shortage! Wrote to your governor. Let them know underhanded exploitative practices is not the American way! #OpenAmerica #Wheresthebeef"

You goddamn know someone is gonna try to use this to bust some unions.

I’m sure meat plant workers are specialized enough that the government won’t break their union and replace them with untrained scabs. They’re certainly more important than say, air traffic controllers.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Devian666 posted:

I think the trick is to get every meat worker sick so the meat processing plants shut down for months. Then with collapse of the food supply throughout the US this becomes the fastest path to revolution. All the second amendment freaks better show up to the revolution rather than pussy out.

they did show up but the thread made fun of them

I don't think this is gonna go like you think it's gonna go

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Just saw the roni-chan has a higher american bodycount in 4 months than the vietnam war managed in 20 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
edit: ^^^ your time is off. First (reported) death in the US was Feb 29th, so March-April, and actual American involvement in 'nam was '65-'75 (probably not including advisors).

Yay we surpassed the amount of deaths in Vietnam! It only took 2 months! Vietnam took 10 years!

And before anyone says you can't compare a war with a virus, Trump said it's a war and he is literally a "wartime president." So HE is comparing it to a war.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Apr 29, 2020