Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://twitter.com/NYCMayor/status/1255309615883063297?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pump Jockey
Mar 15, 2019

i believe in love

Why do these guys always have profile pictures that showcase their forearms? Forearms are the new car selfie with Oakleys for these people.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
I'm cum!

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

I just want to point out that Anne Frank was dragged out of the attic by force after which she died of typhoid

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

So this is actually interesting, the vast majority of americans of all races overwhelmingly back the stay at home orders:

Pretty much proof that the narrative in the corporate media/reddit is being astroturfed by billionaires
The Hispanic lust for the death of America is undeniable.

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

So this is actually interesting, the vast majority of americans of all races overwhelmingly back the stay at home orders:

Pretty much proof that the narrative in the corporate media/reddit is being astroturfed by billionaires

In general wherever you see a large group of people acting against their own interests there is some behind the scenes billionaire astroturfing going on. See also: NRA & arms manufacturers, Global Warming and fossil fuel companies, any sort of conservative political action group and billionaires.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Pump Jockey posted:

Why do these guys always have profile pictures that showcase their forearms? Forearms are the new car selfie with Oakleys for these people.

makes it really easy to frame the photo in a way that hides the beer gut

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

otoh proof the astroturf is working. was 80/20 for lock down a week ago

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Xaris posted:

so what's been covidding today yall? same ole? things go down? up?

i also just realized we're gunna be like our great grandparents/aunts/uncles from the GD who were saving like shredded aluminum foil and ziploc baggies and cooking stews out of mushy brown vegetables, just incase, while everyone younger goes 'thats weird just buy more!!!"

it's ok son, just ignore aunt ethel and eloise jayden and zoey, they grew up during very trying times and it's just ingrained in them

yeah my search history now includes things like "uses for orange peels" hell yeah 2020.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

trUMp!!

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I hope my strategy of "wear obviously homemade masks, be visibly terrified" is panning out, my plan is to shame people into taking this seriously which they are very obviously not in my area. I get some weird looks but the fear in my eyes is genuine and bottomless so I feel like I might be getting through to some people when they make fleeting eye contact with me and briefly graze the void

I keep oscillating between "lol shits hosed lets make bean jokes" broke-brain and "holy poo poo this hasn't even started yet, nobody knows what's going to happen and the world will never be the same" existential dread and I gotta say I wish I could just pick one or the other, I could find ways to cope with either of those if I didn't keep changing gears

The catalyst for this recent bout of dread was that I had to do my monthly resupply trip and noticed the seasonal candy aisle was completely untouched with "EASTER CHEAP BUY" signs up (wasn't easter a week ago? time no longer has meaning) so I took 30 seconds to check it out. They had 15 dollar boxes of chocolates marked down to like 80 cents, none of them were even close to expiring and Mother's Day is on the horizon, what the gently caress? In other news I'm full of chocolate and horror which is better than just horror I guess

please like and subscribe and smash that like button as all-consuming terror washes over your soul

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

fosborb posted:

otoh proof the astroturf is working. was 80/20 for lock down a week ago

I've seen the number bounce anywhere from 70-87%. The current question is asking if a SIP is good policy , while not elaborating that many people want even stricter policies in place.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

So the US probably hitting 60k deaths in the next update, wasn't that the predicted amount for May or something?

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

loving yikes

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

Great messaging

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

phrasing

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

yowza what's his next one gonna say, "this is the only way to finally solve the problem?"

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

CODChimera posted:

So the US probably hitting 60k deaths in the next update, wasn't that the predicted amount for May or something?

Fox News was saying 60k total lol

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
eins zwei drei to gather in groups of more than 10, the Jewish community

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

uh is there is some reason he specifically singled out the jewish community on that one, i haven't been keeping up with new york goings-on

also yikes half the comments are chuds saying "why won't you single out the muslims too even though they're all gathering for ramadan"

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Spergin Morlock posted:

lol they just signed their own death warrant. you know Disney, Time Warner and others saw what happened with the latest troll movie and how much money it made going direct to VOD

not that anyone will be going any time soon, but any movie theater experience in 2020 that isn't the recliner/restaurant kind is a total waste of time considering it barely costs that much more than the big chains for a night out and the food and beverages are vastly better

direct releases always made more sense and being able to pause to use the bathroom is the instant sell alone

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1255352014042738688?s=20

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

uh is there is some reason he specifically singled out the jewish community on that one, i haven't been keeping up with new york goings-on

also yikes half the comments are chuds saying "why won't you single out the muslims too even though they're all gathering for ramadan"

:shrug: I mean maybe it's like a handful of extremely ultra fundamentalist dudes who consider it a religious mandate to be assholes all the time but it isn't like you couldn't just call them out and not make threats to all the jews in nyc

he's gonna just say more and more gross poo poo

"We were just cresting the curve and they stabbed us in the back"

FAUXTON has issued a correction as of 07:06 on Apr 29, 2020

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

we are massively hosed

GG

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

actually, us having a third of all cases in the world is good, and shows how awesome we are

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

im lollin at the sooo

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Homeless Friend posted:

im lollin at the sooo

me too, i saw that and just about busted a gut lmaoooo

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

triple sulk posted:

not that anyone will be going any time soon, but any movie theater experience in 2020 that isn't the recliner/restaurant kind is a total waste of time considering it barely costs that much more than the big chains for a night out and the food and beverages are vastly better

direct releases always made more sense and being able to pause to use the bathroom is the instant sell alone

Flix Brewhouse did bespoke 30 minute clip compilations before every show with movies related to the movie you are about to watch. same themes, actors, directors, whatever. every single movie.

but really, apart from that, and served mixed drinks while you watch, and going to 11pm shows on Monday nights to see a movie entirely by yourself..... assigned seating was the revelation.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

lmao

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

fosborb posted:

Flix Brewhouse did bespoke 30 minute clip compilations before every show with movies related to the movie you are about to watch. same themes, actors, directors, whatever. every single movie.

but really, apart from that, and served mixed drinks while you watch, and going to 11pm shows on Monday nights to see a movie entirely by yourself..... assigned seating was the revelation.

yup i know what sort of thing you're talking about with the compilations and assigned seating is in fact great

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!
I went to high school with the cousin of the first person to die in St. Louis from corona, she minced no words in calling this another genocide being perpetrated on black people by white Americans.

makes you really wonder about the sudden enthusiasm for exposing large numbers of minority service employees to a deadly pandemic

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

That "sooo" makes me read this entire thing in the voice of a 90's teenage white girl

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

fosborb posted:

its kinda weird bc every other country that isn't america is usually assigned theater seating by default

we have a small 2-screen olde-school art deco-ish theater with the vertical neon sign from probably pre-40s that has tables and couches (and chairs) where you can order food including pizza, beer/cocktails/wine and appetizers and they bring them into the theater for you. it's not the greatest in terms of screen/sound but it's always a fun atmosphere in a smaller-scale place. it's often lively and affordable.

Xaris has issued a correction as of 07:20 on Apr 29, 2020

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

yeah my search history now includes things like "uses for orange peels" hell yeah 2020.

well what were your findings?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

LimburgLimbo posted:

That "sooo" makes me read this entire thing in the voice of a 90's teenage white girl

yeah it owns. that's the prez

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

I always think "he can't ever get better at posting, it is impossible" but he always does it.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

scared fat bitch shut the gently caress up idiot

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

probably referring to the ultra orthodox community but alas deblasio is a poo poo for brains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Crazypoops posted:

I tried to reach my chud coworkers that we're risking our lives and being paid nothing for it, boomers come in and treat us like poo poo and it's okay with corporate and they give us nothing but claps and hang in there kitties while they jack off on zoom with each other.

I think something popped today, like I pulled a muscle that I use for hope in humanity and it came off the bone completely. It's like there's some space in every american's head where class consciousness should go and it's just not there. Every state is going to cave to capital, everyone will go to work and die and be proud of it. Anyone who thinks we're going to come to our senses and enact UBI or do stricter quarantines is loving kidding themselves.

It's going to be, go to work, die.

and Americans did.