Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

AnimeIsTrash posted:

This feels like a personal attack

not nearly as much as your username :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

idk what my av is or how i got it

It's always struck me as being mid J. O. I. if you know what I mean

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Shinji2015 posted:

Looks like Ms. Fortune from Skullgirls

trap sprung

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Joementum posted:

2020 is exactly stupid enough for a Balkan crisis to break out over Felix's race science on a podcast review of NBC's The Slap.

Is Felix actually Turkish or does he just feel an affinity with the strength and moral rectitude of the Turk?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

peanut- posted:

Is Felix actually Turkish or does he just feel an affinity with the strength and moral rectitude of the Turk?

lol

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

peanut- posted:

Hassan claimed him and who's gonna say no to that?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Joementum posted:

or the show just goes off the rails in the later seasons like Better Call Saul.

This didn't happen though.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Apr 29, 2020

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Matt's gotta stop doing these streams or he's gonna lead some people to self harming

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Gripweed posted:

Matt's gotta stop doing these streams or he's gonna lead some people to self harming

I mean reality is pretty much doing the job far better so there’s no harm in someone verbalizing how hosed we all are.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Listening to an hour of Matt spitting into his phone about transcendent psychedelia and prestige television every time he posts is probably already considered self-harm.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

This didn't happen though.

I don't know what you call this last season other than going off the rails the way it's taken a hard turn away from everything entertaining about the previous seasons and put all its chips on the unbearable crime drama bullshit.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I cannot believe that a prequel series merits a 5 season long prequel drama featuring all of your favorite extremely dead characters from Breaking Bad. I watched the first season up until you discover his brother tried to lock him out of becoming a partner because he was embarrassed by Saul not taking it seriously and I remember thinking “...and then he became Saul!” and being satisfied with that and being SHOCKED when I found out two years later that the show kept going.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I wouldn't agree with that description thus I wouldn't agree it's "gone off the rails".

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The amount of scams per season has gone down drastically and the quality of the scams has not improved.

Like, the Mesa Verde scam was fine but it's no patch on faking an entire town's support to get someone out of an assault charge

I Before E fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Apr 29, 2020

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

They are setting up season 6 to have the biggest scam yet

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

FlamingLiberal posted:

They are setting up season 6 to have the biggest scam yet

“...and it turns out the last 5 years, we’ve been taking MILLIONS AND MILLIONS of AMC’s money and using it to shoot a Prestige drama set in a New Mexican dirt pit and telling EVERYONE it was good!”

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
:lol: at them using the Ken Burns Civil War documentary intro music during the reading

got serious flashbacks with that one

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

I cannot believe that a prequel series merits a 5 season long prequel drama featuring all of your favorite extremely dead characters from Breaking Bad. I watched the first season up until you discover his brother tried to lock him out of becoming a partner because he was embarrassed by Saul not taking it seriously and I remember thinking “...and then he became Saul!” and being satisfied with that and being SHOCKED when I found out two years later that the show kept going.

i actually enjoyed Season 1 and it breaks my heart to hear the show went to poo poo in later years :smith:

is the Breaking Bad movie atleast watchable?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
better call saul is still good

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Yeah at no point did BCS go to poo poo

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Race Realists posted:

:lol: at them using the Ken Burns Civil War documentary intro music during the reading

got serious flashbacks with that one

I can't remember what site but the guy wrote an article in which he ran into a Chapo at a party and that chapo went on a rant about how awful Ken Burns's Vietnam documentary was and the description was 100 percent Matt but when I said "You can just say it was Matt" to the dude on twitter he said it wasn't but wouldn't say which it was.

Race Realists posted:

i actually enjoyed Season 1 and it breaks my heart to hear the show went to poo poo in later years :smith:

It got even better after season 1.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Apr 29, 2020

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Race Realists posted:

El Camino was unnecessary but enjoyable.

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

It could probably be better condensed but I think the slow pace is both deliberate and an interesting way to show character transformation. Maybe there are other shows that do it better tho, idk

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The Chad Jihad posted:

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

lol good to know I wasn't the only one asking Felix to do the slap, cuz I'm sure as hell not reading the wikipedia to figure out what the gently caress the plot was

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

The Chad Jihad posted:

Can’t go where you already started!

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/gwensnyderPHL/status/1255307653720485888

https://soundcloud.com/chapo-trap-house/414-noise-kills-feat-seeking-derangements-42720

and yet you and your brain-damaged followers did everything in your power to undermine the movement

quote:

Tristan Abbott at 1:11:13:
The McArdle piece is darker because that's what's going to pass for humane liberalism 12 months from now. One side is the Rahm Dems saying "sorry but it's just sensible to put the idle poor in a room like in the movie Seconds and then when a productive person needs their organs they get harvested." And then the Never Trumpers like Megan say "hmm it's bad to *make* people give up their organs but what if giving up your kidney was like getting a college football scholarship?

checks out. amazed they haven't mentioned gwen yet on the podcast

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Apr 29, 2020

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Race Realists posted:

checks out. amazed they haven't mentioned gwen yet on the podcast
Figured that was who they were alluding to in the most recent I think regular ep when Amber mentioned something near the end about a level of crazy you just don't engage with.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Figured that was who they were alluding to in the most recent I think regular ep when Amber mentioned something near the end about a level of crazy you just don't engage with.

i meant really going in them and Amanda Marcotte, but that is the correct response. would just really love someone to call them out on their poo poo i guess.

im legit curious what exactly gwen accomplished in terms of activism?

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Trabisnikof posted:

Can’t go where you already started!

Sir. SIR. Sir how DARE-

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

Race Realists posted:

i meant really going in them and Amanda Marcotte, but that is the correct response. would just really love someone to call them out on their poo poo i guess.

im legit curious what exactly gwen accomplished in terms of activism?

It's a grift set up by a mentally ill narcissist. That's all there is to it.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
she's claiming the 3K dip in their ludicrous patreon income as "activism"

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

If only they'd be more like Sam Harris and spend the first half our every episode giving updates on their various beefs.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Grevling posted:

If only they'd be more like Sam Harris and spend the first half our every episode giving updates on their various beefs.
They used to do that and it was called Chapo Death Threats

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

FlamingLiberal posted:

They used to do that and it was called Chapo Death Threats

lol oh yeah I remember that

way back in the day

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Odddzy posted:

It's a grift set up by a mentally ill narcissist. That's all there is to it.

i thought she was involved in Occupy or something?

meanwhile, on BlackTwitter:

https://twitter.com/PrettyDavo/status/1255192911307816961

https://twitter.com/hotttitanium/status/1255410902855307265

https://twitter.com/PrettyDavo/status/1255411095491293184

i read this in Felix DumbGuyVoice :allears:

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

Race Realists posted:

i thought she was involved in Occupy or something?

Sure. But she's also a grifting narcissist.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Odddzy posted:

Sure. But she's also a grifting narcissist.

would a grifting narcissist do things with black kids, Odddzy? :colbert:

yeah, thought so:smug:

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

El Camino was unnecessary but enjoyable.

I found El Camino to be completely useless. If you're a big fan of Breaking Bad like I am, I encourage you to pay it no attention whatsoever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
El Camino is entertaining. Who cares if it was "necessary" or whatever.