Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

SKULL.GIF posted:

The mayor of NYC is threatening Jews and declaring he has to stop the disease

We are in a post truth society now

Embrace the crack ping

It's not post truth to say the ultra orthodox have spent billions over decades taking over the Jewish brand and are now totally ignoring social distancing and spreading coronavirus relentlessly, they're loving dicks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

the grifting class feels secure in their voting bloc and no longer gives a poo poo about appealing to the other 66% of America, we've got the Kush telling us that our taxpayer-funded national medical stockpiles are for "them" while associated strategists are getting out of politics and starting businesses selling PPE. It's a transparent 'gently caress you' pipeline and a third of America thinks it's great because people in NYC are dying.

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

snoo posted:

hahahahaha my work is reopening to the public TODAY the manager is such a sack of poo poo and the barrier for customers/employees is a loving CARDBOARD TRIFOLD WITH SOME CLEAR VINYL AS A WINDOW

AAAAAAAAAAAAA A AAAA

:ohno:

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2020/04/25/pa-conor-lamb-coronavirus/

‘We Are On Our Own’; Congressman Conor Lamb Says That Pa. Not Expecting Any More PPE From National Stockpile

this isn't incompetence, this is a deliberate culling

How does this make sense politically? I get him telling NY and CA to gently caress off, since he's an evil bastard that hates states that didn't vote for him, but PA was a key state in his election. Just giving up on it seems crazy.

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Embrace the crack ping

:siren: dangerously low bean energy being emitted from this post :siren:

a better way is possible. dm me your address and i'll send you some pintos and hash oil.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

SKULL.GIF posted:

What are they even doing with that stockpile lol

It probably got sold on the black market and they don't want to admit it's empty

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
So has anyone started tallying up the # of cellphone line cancellations and counting the number of coffins and urns ordered nationally to get a real figure for death?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Mayor Dave posted:

Yes, the idiots crowding the beaches are going to do the exact thing that happened to the Florida spring breakers

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Charlz Guybon posted:

How does this make sense politically? I get him telling NY and CA to gently caress off, since he's an evil bastard that hates states that didn't vote for him, but PA was a key state in his election. Just giving up on it seems crazy.

He's a dumbass moron, op

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Charlz Guybon posted:

He could guarantee re-election no matter what else he does or what else happens, by giving all Americans $1200/month until November but he's already shooting that down

Like no poo poo the president isn't a rational actor

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Charlz Guybon posted:

PA has a democratic governor

You've thought about it harder than the president has

let the disease ravage states with democratic governors and say "if you don't want to die (not great) from democrat incompetence, vote Republican!"

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

if you want to crack ping yourself on this particular conspiracy theory: Last year's 'vaping illness' produced the same ground glass infiltrate looking pneumonia that corona does, as well as the most severe cases having the same comorbidities:

UK flu admissions were up 10x in december compared to last year

My guess is that it had started to spread globally sometime last year, people only started paying attention after some event in Wuhan really magnified infectivity and virulence.

I don't understand this. If it started to spread globally last year, why are the bodies just now starting to pile up?

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

He could guarantee re-election no matter what else he does or what else happens, by giving all Americans $1200/month until November but he's already shooting that down

Like no poo poo the president isn't a rational actor

you can't unring this bell

once people are on the teat, thats it

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Burn Zone posted:

I don't understand this. If it started to spread globally last year, why are the bodies just now starting to pile up?

The CIA caught ahold of it, re-engineered it, and then did a dead drop in Wuhan

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

The sun beams down on a brand new day

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Burn Zone posted:

Its dumb, ignore it. Everyone who thinks it started early has false hope

Zberan Madowinty
Dec 7, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
man, remember that time when the richest, most powerful, country in the world got hit with a disease and all their hospitals begged people to sew masks for them?

that was pretty cool

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Mayor Dave posted:

Numbers are way too low according to her

this seems likely, yeah. when a CV test is in progress and the patient dies, they don't wait for the test to be completed to certify death.

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

Burn Zone posted:

The coronavirus outbreak in France was not caused by cases imported from China, but from a locally circulating strain of unknown origin, according to a new study by French scientists at the Institut Pasteur in Paris.

Genetic analysis showed that the dominant types of the viral strains in France belonged to a clade – or group with a common ancestor – that did not come from China or Italy, the earliest hotspot in Europe.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Burn Zone posted:

mastershakeman posted:

Its dumb, ignore it. Everyone who thinks it started early has false hope

yeah that theory breaks down in the face of a bunch of people getting it at the same time and all dying at the same time.

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

COVID-19 is the Great Filter.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

we're not quite at 60K so trump could still end up right by not hitting it until the end of may or whatever

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Another biweekly company call announcing multiple covid deaths, cool cool

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Charlz Guybon posted:

Donald Trump, like any incumbent Republican, can count on his base. He's the most popular Republican president since Reagan, he's going to get 43-44% of the popular vote no matter what he does.

This is down to a combination of ignorance, laziness, malice, and a very dumb political calculation that if even slightly more democrat voters die than republican voters he comes out ahead and looking weak or like he's not done enough in November will do more to harm him than a couple hundred thousand corpses.

he's probably right honestly.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Charlz Guybon posted:

PA has a Democratic governor. Also, the chudlands of PA are going to vote for Trump anyway, because it will hurt the undesirables in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

welp, i just joined the laid-off due to pandemic crew :cheers:

not even the remote non-essential computer toucher jobs are safe

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Covid chuds will literally vote for Trump while on their vent if they can

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Mr Hootington posted:

Pompeo is doing a news conference where he implies the covid was engineered by the chinese and he wants inspectors let into the Wuhan virology labs.

Oh you mean the labs we had loving CDC scientists in along with funding that trump pulled because why should the government pay for pandemic research?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I'm not American but surely you can fire a nurse for saying roni is a hoax and to ignore social distancing?

Yes. The hospital group she works for will fire her and put her on a do not hire list.

If she actually works in a hospital or is a nurse at all.

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

wtf

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

this is a dumb conspiracy, they zeroed in on Vitamin E acetate in bootleg carts pretty quickly, even tracing the illnesses back to specific suppliers

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Google Butt posted:

Covid chuds will literally vote for Trump while on their vent if they can

Trump will make sure they get mail ballots while the rest of us have to go vote in person

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2020/04/25/pa-conor-lamb-coronavirus/

‘We Are On Our Own’; Congressman Conor Lamb Says That Pa. Not Expecting Any More PPE From National Stockpile

It's both malice and incompetence but the only deliberate thing that's happening is grift led by Kushner.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

oh cool we're gonna cross 60k today

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Marx Headroom posted:

this is a dumb conspiracy, they zeroed in on Vitamin E acetate in bootleg carts pretty quickly, even tracing the illnesses back to specific suppliers

That's what they WANT you to think.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

SKULL.GIF posted:

Embrace the crack ping

Ultra orthodox jews are being assholes and refusing to comply with the restrictions in place. It isn't post truth or racist or Hitler or anything to point that out.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Interesting

quote:

Benjamin Neuman, professor and chair of biological sciences with the Texas A&M University-Texarkana, said the French strains might have come from Belgium, where some sequences most closely related to the original strain from China were clustered.

“Since the earliest European strains of [the coronavirus] Sars-CoV-2 seem to be associated with Belgium, the idea that the virus spread from Belgium to both Italy and France at around the same time seems plausible, as this paper contends,” he said.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Thoguh posted:

Ultra orthodox jews are being assholes and refusing to comply with the restrictions in place. It isn't post truth or racist or Hitler or anything to point that out.
https://twitter.com/NYCMayor/status/1255309615883063297
this was probably not the best way to frame it tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Mr Hootington posted:

Pompeo is doing a news conference where he implies the covid was engineered by the chinese and he wants inspectors let into the Wuhan virology labs.

The Australian government has been looking into this and their investigation revealed that the virus definitely evolved in nature, there's zero evidence that the Wuhan lab was the cause of the outbreak, it almost certainly spread from the wet market and they don't believe it was released intentionally.

Their conclusion: "You can't prove a negative so we still can't say that it didn't come from the Wuhan lab."
https://www.theage.com.au/politics/...429-p54o5i.html