Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Something like that will be fine as long as you install it correctly - the bar itself should stop the frame from flexing inwards, although if it's only an internal plasterboard wall that might be an issue.

Presenting the "Groverbar" - Suitable for Loadbearing Drywall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Gonzo McFee posted:

Tell them there's no proof that having it once means that you build up an immunity and plenty of people have already had it twice.

This isn't hugely accurate. Theres isolated cases rather than plenty of people and there are questions about the accuracy of the sampling in those cases. The quotes from the daily mail and sun articles that seem to be popularly mentioned online also suggest that the second positive resulted in a non active or contagious result. They don't really know yet although it seems like with previous similiar viruses the immunity isn't forever.

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times

Good shout! I threw my 'old' NHS email alias in just in case it was lovely, but it worked, and I got a Disco Elysium key. Being that I'm a mail admin and also a dick, I did consider adding myself a few aliases and returning to the trough but that's not the blitz spirit, is it?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Hi thread, my in laws have decided they are going for covid testing tomorrow despite feeling well 'because it tells you if you've already had it' struggling to find definitive wording disproving this, am I right in saying they're wrong and it's just for people who may have it right now?

Best case, they test positive. If it's a good test that means there's a solid chance they had the virus and an asymptomatic course, which also offers a decent chance they will have at least temporary immunity.

But the test might not be good, it might be rife with false positives. It might cross-react with any number of other coronaviruses which are endemic in the population, or if it's especially crap some entirely unrelated antigen.

And if they do exhibit seroconversion, it might not last. Or even if it does, it might not confer immunity to the current virus, let alone a mutated strain.

And then, they may test negative, but might pick up the virus at the testing facility, or on the way there and back. Or maybe they weren't actually negative, they just haven't seroconverted, or the test wasn't sensitive enough, or the test never worked, or you just happened to be in the percentage of false negatives associated with any test.

Either way, congrats you've got your answer!

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

frankenbeans posted:

Good shout! I threw my 'old' NHS email alias in just in case it was lovely, but it worked, and I got a Disco Elysium key. Being that I'm a mail admin and also a dick, I did consider adding myself a few aliases and returning to the trough but that's not the blitz spirit, is it?

Pretty lovely to do that if you don't currently work for the NHS.

yung lambic
Dec 16, 2011

Only loving Boris Johnson would manage to have another loving child born as a reason to get out of PMQs.

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times

Comrade Fakename posted:

Pretty lovely to do that if you don't currently work for the NHS.

I do still work for the NHS. 20+ years in so far. I just have a bunch of email aliases because as a computer janitor, I get an insane amount of spam, so I use aliases for signing up for poo poo.

floofyscorp
Feb 12, 2007

goddamnedtwisto posted:

You're correct, no antibody tests have been approved by PHE. However a more persuasive argument might be to show them what the current antigen test looks like:

https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1254943961476739072

and that they'll almost certainly have to do it themselves.

Jesus, just watching that makes my eyes water.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Clement posted:

Is it wrong that I actually feel some hope after watching Keir at PMQs? He's not too bad. I mean, he should be far more vociferous in saying just how staggeringly poo poo and catastrophic the government's response to the pandemic has been, but hey ho.

Did he mention Panorama at any point?

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.
Not from what I saw looking at a live text. Mentioned that 1/4 doctors think the PPE situation is worsening. Raab said it wasn't.

2 Tory MPs asking about garden centres opening.

bionic vapour boy
Feb 13, 2012

Impervious to fun.
What IS it with gammons and garden centres

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Shits. Wonder if it's just them or all UK banks?

looks like the us treasury have designated them a terrorist organisation, alleging they funnel funds to hamas. i suspect any uk bank looking to operate int he us market will apply these sanctions also.

edit - "them" is interpal not hsbc.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

bionic vapour boy posted:

Got to have a better lawn than the neighbours

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm designating HSBC a terrorist organization.

bionic vapour boy posted:

They're the only ones who have gardens.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
https://twitter.com/seandsmyth/status/1255481068192497665

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

HappyCamperGL posted:

looks like the us treasury have designated them a terrorist organisation, alleging they funnel funds to hamas. i suspect any uk bank looking to operate int he us market will apply these sanctions also.

edit - "them" is interpal not hsbc.
If funneling funds to Hamas is grounds for sanctions then why are the government so against BDS?

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

floofyscorp posted:

Jesus, just watching that makes my eyes water.

Is this the same test that they're giving people to self-administer? As I can't imagine most people would be able to take it.

When I was younger I shoved a piece of wire into my head, the sensation when it passes the ridge of bone in your skull is a bit strange.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

frankenbeans posted:

I do still work for the NHS. 20+ years in so far. I just have a bunch of email aliases because as a computer janitor, I get an insane amount of spam, so I use aliases for signing up for poo poo.

Yeah you should definitely snag more of the 1000 keys donated for frontline healthcare workers.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.

frankenbeans posted:

Bro I work in the labs and I wouldn’t go for it, it’s for frontline staff. Leave it for the poor fuckers who have to watch people froth pink.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
another batch just put on, snagged me some disco asylum :coal:

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
I'm a trade union rep - despite the fact I'm not frontline by any measure I in fact have probably already had covid-19, as will a huge number of support staff, domestic services and administrators. also worth highlighting these staff are most likely to be less able to afford new games than even our criminally underpaid nurses due to our atrocious pay. y'all can blow me with that undeserving poor poo poo there isn't even a "frontline" on their website you daily mail bootlicks lol

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

CoolCab posted:

I'm a trade union rep - despite the fact I'm not frontline by any measure I in fact have probably already had covid-19, as will a huge number of support staff, domestic services and administrators. also worth highlighting these staff are most likely to be less able to afford new games than even our criminally underpaid nurses due to our atrocious pay. y'all can blow me with that undeserving poor poo poo there isn't even a "frontline" on their website you daily mail bootlicks lol

I think its more that 1 person would get multiple copies just because they can.

Enjoy the game though, it's a good un!

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Powerful vision from the new Shadow Chancellor:

https://twitter.com/UKLabour/status/1255168139358351361?s=20

And by powerful, I mean it's a LibDem press release and I hate it with the force of a thousand suns.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Um, excuse me, have you considered not feeding the poor into a shredder?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Clement posted:

Is it wrong that I actually feel some hope after watching Keir at PMQs? He's not too bad. I mean, he should be far more vociferous in saying just how staggeringly poo poo and catastrophic the government's response to the pandemic has been, but hey ho.

Yes. Performances at PMQs is irrelevant if you are a worthless empty vessel that is Taken over by neoliberals

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/LittleMisScouse/status/1255505378013569026?s=19

It's weird how often the "left his wife as she was going through cancer for the woman significantly younger than him" doesn't get brought up.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

It's like an advert for an aftershave named after something businessy like 'Boss' or 'Quorum' or 'Agenda' or 'Meeting' or 'Action Point' or 'Whose turn to put the coffee on'. They're always fiddling with cufflinks.

The other one is the 'frowny faced foldy armed' people supposed to represent tough business persons. Though these days they seem to do a bit more smiling than in days of yore 15 years ago.

To be fair, one of the guys at my old law firm used to exaggerate his arms-crossed-scowling-face pose because he thought it might encourage seniors to assign him less work. It wasn’t successful but I admired the effort.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Gonzo McFee posted:

It's weird how often the "left his wife as she was going through cancer for the woman significantly younger than him" doesn't get brought up.

seems to be common with conservative politicians just look at john mccaine and newt gingrich

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Conservatives see other people as things to be used for their own benefit you say.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Gonzo McFee posted:

https://twitter.com/stephen4018/status/1255510976562069506?s=20

e:

goddamnedtwisto posted:

There's one American journo with a cartoon of them touching their chin in a "hmm yes" fashion, neatly confirming both this rule and the older "Anyone with a face shot that shows their hands is a bellend" rule of portraiture.

I had never heard of this rule before but it's real

XMNN fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Apr 29, 2020

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Gonzo McFee posted:

Imagine if Corbyn did it.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Z the IVth posted:

Corbyn left wife for DEAD and took younger (probably non-jewish) woman in stunning display of betrayal - is Britain next? Exclusive to Mail on Sunday

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
CORBYN LEAVES ONE UNION BUT WON'T LEAVE EU. AND JOINS A NEW UNION WHICH HE PROBABLY WISHES WAS SOVIET

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Z the IVth posted:

I mean he did marry a much younger woman but he divorced his first wife because she wanted to send their son to a private school.

https://twitter.com/CoatsDangerous/status/1255470253171236866?s=19

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

I mean he did marry a much younger woman but he divorced his first wife because she wanted to send their son to a private school.

https://twitter.com/CoatsDangerous/status/1255470253171236866?s=19

So I'm guessing the senior Labour MPs were covering for him, given that the condition for not releasing their names was him resigning?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

CORBYN LEAVES ONE UNION BUT WON'T LEAVE EU. AND JOINS A NEW UNION WHICH HE PROBABLY WISHES WAS SOVIET

Given that "soviet" means "worker's council" I'm sure there's a (non-lovely, please) sex worker joke here.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Darth Walrus posted:

So I'm guessing the senior Labour MPs were covering for him, given that the condition for not releasing their names was him resigning?

Whoever made that agreement should DEFINITELY leak the names anyway.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

endlessmonotony posted:

Given that "soviet" means "worker's council" I'm sure there's a (non-lovely, please) sex worker joke here.
Also an 'up the councils' joke.

Fucks sake can we please have some left wing/solidarity groups where the people at the very top aren't rapists.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think we already have all power to the arseholes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Gonzo McFee posted:

He looks like utter poo poo. That's a full on Trump back hair combover :laugh: