Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

euphronius posted:

2 year drug sentence lmao

"Maintaining a drug premise" :stonk:

EDIT: Surely this lady got a fair trial with competent representation and didn't just plead down to 26 month from the 20 year max sentence right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

SKULL.GIF posted:

COVID-19 is the Great Filter.

no that's Bill Mitchell

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/hackneylad/status/1255532715731976193

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

cspam does it again

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Relevant Tangent posted:

that's just one of the Qultists, they're harmless

he's got 500 patreon subs, seems like a good scam

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010

NofrikinfuN posted:

are il-6 inhibitors still the best/unobtainable approach, or has estrogen been working as an il-6 inhibitor-lite?

Cuba has an antiviral drug that was also trialled in China and Italy, the main difference i can find between that one and the american ones is that after trying the medicine from the land of freedom, China apparently built a factory for it and threw the remdesivir in the trash.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Spime Wrangler posted:

gilead pump-and-dump coming on STRONG

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1255482228450222085?s=20

this study has no placebo control and only compares a 5- and 10-day course. both had the same effect and the most common complication was respiratory failure.

cool side effect

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/HoustonChron/status/1255535732212498433

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

mastershakeman posted:

It probably got sold on the black market and they don't want to admit it's empty

it's totally this lmao

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer
what is happening now in health care policy is the equivalent of Sandy Hook. If the medical community and citizens in general don't act after this to divorce money and politics from health care then they never will.

There is no incremental improvement if every 20 years monumental chaotic events will wipe out decades of health care policy like how to run studies or create vaccines.

loving horrid.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

pigz posted:

what is happening now in health care policy is the equivalent of Sandy Hook. If the medical community and citizens in general don't act after this to divorce money and politics from health care then they never will.

There is no incremental improvement if every 20 years monumental chaotic events will wipe out decades of health care policy like how to run studies or create vaccines.

loving horrid.

:lol: this is hellworld, you know exactly what will happen

motedek
Oct 9, 2012
lots of good C-SPAM disinfo on the last few pages. this is the remdesivir study, results are not out yet, but gilead said it passed the primary endpoint, which is time to recovery (note: not mortality). the trial was double blinded, placebo controlled, unlike previous attempts to juice the stock price. not much is known without the results being released, but my prior is that the clinical effect will be small.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

snoo posted:

hahahahaha my work is reopening to the public TODAY the manager is such a sack of poo poo and the barrier for customers/employees is a loving CARDBOARD TRIFOLD WITH SOME CLEAR VINYL AS A WINDOW

AAAAAAAAAAAAA A AAAA
Order one of these hats to wear all the time ( https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KZC1CJU ) and spend your time at work coughing into your elbow and telling everyone it is just allergies.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Aren't the side effects worse than coronavirus by far

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

found my chapstick, what a relief!

Goreld
May 8, 2002

"Identity Crisis" MurdererWild Guess Bizarro #1Bizarro"Me am first one I suspect!"

shovelbum posted:

Aren't the side effects worse than coronavirus by far

I don’t know, depends if you’re a member of Gwar and want to poo poo blood as part of the routine.

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.
we did it boys

we cracked 60k deaths in america

it's over

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

this is the barrier they made lmao

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

anyway most of my coworkers are leaving

Don Pigeon
Oct 29, 2005

Great pigeons are not born great. They grow great by eating lots of bread crumbs.

COVID-420 posted:

we did it boys

it's over

hey anything under 200,000 deaths is a victory!

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Google Butt posted:

haha love local governments pointing at low number of cases and that we are good to open er up when they're still only testing people with severe symptoms lmao

And when they do mass test and catch more they proclaim that most people have no symptoms without ever going back to check a couple weeks later to see who really had no symptoms vs who just didn't have them yet.

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

snoo posted:

anyway most of my coworkers are leaving

almost like the virus dictates economic life and not americans poo poo ideology

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

almost like the virus dictates economic life and not americans poo poo ideology

we shall see if the chud stop packing in to anything thats open

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

snoo posted:

loving lol

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

snoo posted:

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Throatwarbler posted:

"Maintaining a drug premise" :stonk:

EDIT: Surely this lady got a fair trial with competent representation and didn't just plead down to 26 month from the 20 year max sentence right

that good old genocide beat goes on

:d2a:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
up Up UP babbbyeeeee

https://twitter.com/sangerkatz/status/1255543905690492928

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

snoo posted:

lmao

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

snoo posted:

I've seen kids make box forts with better protection

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

snoo posted:

death cult

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

COVID-420 posted:

we did it boys

it's over

COVID-60K, in the grimdark future of mankind, we're all dead

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

snoo posted:

someone’s grade schooler deffo made that

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

snoo posted:

lol are people of different heights just supposed to stretch or duck down for their entire shift?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

motedek posted:

lots of good C-SPAM disinfo on the last few pages. this is the remdesivir study, results are not out yet, but gilead said it passed the primary endpoint, which is time to recovery (note: not mortality). the trial was double blinded, placebo controlled, unlike previous attempts to juice the stock price. not much is known without the results being released, but my prior is that the clinical effect will be small.

Its not a miracle drug by any sense of the word, but time to discharge being improved by ~30% is meaningful

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1255546439226228742

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Schnorkles posted:

Its not a miracle drug by any sense of the word, but time to discharge being improved by ~30% is meaningful

is it accomplishing that by just killing the weak itself, faster, bing bong

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

fosborb posted:

lol are people of different heights just supposed to stretch or duck down for their entire shift?

oh my god

everyone here is on the shorter side anyway but lmao

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

snoo posted:

Don't waste the money on plexiglass, my son can do it for cheaper

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

our boss literally has her awful daughter working at the store

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
is this a grocery store or sth at least, youre not still at the party store right