Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao
Hell mode: Aliens land in the middle of the second civil war
https://twitter.com/meakoopa/status/1255031874763751425

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PipHelix
Nov 11, 2017

Thump! posted:

And that pretty sizable group would be pushed out quicker than you can snap your fingers, due to the entire power structure of the US Armed Forces being run by racist fuckhead chuds

Fer real fer real. Somone post the plot of the racial breakdown of colonels (and naval equivalents) and above. '04 95% white, '17, 94% white. With a 2% margin. That's my guess.

E: https://www.cna.org/pop-rep/2016/summary/summary.pdf

gently caress I hate trying to figure out what a military person means when they present statistics. Half the time its a deliberate lie to congress anyway so gently caress it.

Best I can tell about 1/8 of male officers and 1/4 of female officers are non-white. Female officers, marines are 10% at the low end and airforce is high at 30. gonna just do a rough average and say 20% across the military are female. So 87% of 80% + 75% of 20% gives 70%+15% = 85% of the people giving the orders are whites. And some of the remaining 15% are watercarrying CHUDs like Colin Powell. I wouldn't hold my breath for a big racial kumbaya when the Air force is ordered to napalm Olney or East New York.

And again, these numbers on non-white representation are almost certainly massaged upwards and I rounded generously.

PipHelix has issued a correction as of 23:50 on Apr 29, 2020

PipHelix
Nov 11, 2017

staticman posted:

Hell mode: Aliens land in the middle of the second civil war
https://twitter.com/meakoopa/status/1255031874763751425

Are we living in two Harry Turtledove novels simultaneously?!

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

just remembered that we have a national guard

man they are going to have a miserable time (re: deadly) if the balk happens

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao

PipHelix posted:

Are we living in two Harry Turtledove novels simultaneously?!

Giving a whole new meaning to It Could Happen Here

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Spergin Morlock posted:

i would help the PLA open bases in north america before I would ever submit to rule by southern chuds. gently caress everything about that

Bad news friend

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

some naval researcher just applied for patents on tech that he says flies like the craft in those videos. the MIC is trolling us with some loving room temperature superconductor limitless energy engine that breaks science like "we could save the planet but instead lets keep it secret and make sure earth dies so we can be alone with our cool jets"

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Thump! posted:

Not saying they'd be successful, but uh, there's lots of them and they're more than willing to murder fellow Americans

And that pretty sizable group would be pushed out quicker than you can snap your fingers, due to the entire power structure of the US Armed Forces being run by racist fuckhead chuds

firing/killing/imprisoning half of your soldiers. famously a good idea

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

emperor newsom, in collaboration with XE and Google, is proud to announce the deployment of the 1st cascadian intersectional rifles in utah

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Real hurthling! posted:

some naval researcher just applied for patents on tech that he says flies like the craft in those videos. the MIC is trolling us with some loving room temperature superconductor limitless energy engine that breaks science like "we could save the planet but instead lets keep it secret and make sure earth dies so we can be alone with our cool jets"

Yeah, looking at the patent it’s either nonsense or he’s confused. His patent is nonsense.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Farm Frenzy posted:

firing/killing/imprisoning half of your soldiers. famously a good idea

depending on the army, yeah

if we go from managing a worldwide hegemonic superpower to simply the south and racist fuckoff backwaters committing genocide? poo poo thats easy enough with 200,000 chuds across the southeast

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

PipHelix posted:

Fer real fer real. Somone post the plot of the racial breakdown of colonels (and naval equivalents) and above. '04 95% white, '17, 94% white. With a 2% margin. That's my guess.

E: https://www.cna.org/pop-rep/2016/summary/summary.pdf

gently caress I hate trying to figure out what a military person means when they present statistics. Half the time its a deliberate lie to congress anyway so gently caress it.

Best I can tell about 1/8 of male officers and 1/4 of female officers are non-white. Female officers, marines are 10% at the low end and airforce is high at 30. gonna just do a rough average and say 20% across the military are female. So 87% of 80% + 75% of 20% gives 70%+15% = 85% of the people giving the orders are whites. And some of the remaining 15% are watercarrying CHUDs like Colin Powell. I wouldn't hold my breath for a big racial kumbaya when the Air force is ordered to napalm Olney or East New York.

And again, these numbers on non-white representation are almost certainly massaged upwards and I rounded generously.

Why would anyone expect or want the US military to be racially diverse? It's the world's largest and most destructive force of white supremacism. It's not even as if they're using black people as cannon fodder. It's a starkly white and middle class institution.

https://anti-imperialism.org/2016/12/08/legionnaires-defeating-the-soldiertariat-myth/amp/

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

The US military is so bloated, demoralized, and dysfunctional after 20 years of grinding Forever War that it can barely even manage to bomb the poo poo out of mosques unopposed, there is no universe in which it succeeds at trying to forcibly occupy a significant amount of territory in the continental US. It doesn't matter if the Colonels are all evangelical psychos when the enlisted are overwhelmingly depressed alcoholics making $3/hr who don't even want to be here.

Crazycryodude has issued a correction as of 16:02 on Apr 30, 2020

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

We won the Battle of the Catalaunian Fields, the Empire is doing fine! The Legions are the best army in the world!

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Crazycryodude posted:

The US military is so bloated, demoralized, and dysfunctional after 20 years of grinding Forever War that it can barely even manage to bomb the poo poo out of mosques unopposed, there is no universe in which it succeeds at trying to forcibly occupy a significant amount of territory in the continental US. It doesn't matter if the Colonels are all evangelical psychos when the enlisted are overwhelmingly depressed alcoholics making $3/hr who don't even want to be here.

The military will also be fractured at the very least in 4 or 5 ways too depending on where the troops came from

Feldegast42 has issued a correction as of 16:23 on Apr 30, 2020

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
And not to mention the infighting between different cliques of fascists.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

It’s gonna be a great time to be enlisted is all I know :stoked:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/postlive/status/1255878355016134656

https://twitter.com/BFriedmanDC/status/1255907588908220417

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Wait, isn't the President the CiC of the armed forces? And - correct me if I'm totally wrong with this - but as far as I understand it, the National Guard units are kind of like on 'loan' to states. Their loyalty is to the Federal government, but they're around for the states to call on as needed. So couldn't the President just order the Maryland National Guard to release the tests?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

He can try

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

lol welp

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I think if Trump ordered them to stand down that they would. We aren't quite at that point yet.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

DrSunshine posted:

Wait, isn't the President the CiC of the armed forces? And - correct me if I'm totally wrong with this - but as far as I understand it, the National Guard units are kind of like on 'loan' to states. Their loyalty is to the Federal government, but they're around for the states to call on as needed. So couldn't the President just order the Maryland National Guard to release the tests?

in theory yes but remember the timeline we live in.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

DrSunshine posted:

it's more like the national guard are owned by the states and loaned to the federal government at the president's request. If he does so however he's unable to deploy the national guard in a police keeping capacity on US soil just like he would be unable to do that with regular troops. Only the states are able to use the national guard in a police authority.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Feldegast42 posted:

I think if Trump ordered them to stand down that they would. We aren't quite at that point yet.

the state police are also guarding those masks.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

corgski posted:

in theory yes but remember the timeline we live in.

Nitrousoxide posted:

it's more like the national guard are owned by the states and loaned to the federal government at the president's request. If he does so however he's unable to deploy the national guard in a police keeping capacity on US soil just like he would be unable to do that with regular troops. Only the states are able to use the national guard in a police authority.

Spergin Morlock posted:

the state police are also guarding those masks.

Oh. I see.

:stonklol:

PipHelix
Nov 11, 2017

Jared knows where the masks are, he's too dumb to not figure out how bad an idea sending in DHS is, 80s action movies have taught me local cops hate feds...

Man, get to the fireworks factory already!

e: Also this: https://twitter.com/vote4robgill/status/1255922426120146947

I dunno how much more of this I can take. It's like the news cycle just learned about edging or something

PipHelix has issued a correction as of 21:22 on Apr 30, 2020

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

yeah in iraq bush got to send guardspersons to get mowed down and sploded but in america he cant do that cause posse comitatus.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Does the Trump anti-mattering field extend far enough to cover posse comitatus? We'll probably find out!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

white nationalist terror squads murdering a gov would probably not be enough to push us over lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

projecthalaxy posted:

Does the Trump anti-mattering field extend far enough to cover posse comitatus? We'll probably find out!

grab em by the posse

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Could he order ICE to do it? If one gang of thugs with guns won't do, perhaps another will.

PipHelix posted:

e: Also this: https://twitter.com/vote4robgill/status/1255922426120146947

I dunno how much more of this I can take. It's like the news cycle just learned about edging or something

OK this is not funny anymore! We've been joking about balkanisation but this is legit scary. What happens if a state government gets violently overthrown by chud militia? Will the nation just shrug - "Can't be helped!"?? gently caress.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

DrSunshine posted:

Could he order ICE to do it? If one gang of thugs with guns won't do, perhaps another will.

The FBI works for the president right? Don't they have like tanks and stuff by now? I seem recall the FBI using tanks at Waco, which is frequently considered US soil

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
the militarization of the police in general is enough to, functionally at least, circumvent posse comitatus. What I'm saying is, that with a sufficiently militarized police force (including feds like ICE and FBI) you don't need to deploy the military on home soil

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

projecthalaxy posted:

The FBI works for the president right? Don't they have like tanks and stuff by now? I seem recall the FBI using tanks at Waco, which is frequently considered US soil

the fbi is law enforcement, regiments of soldiers arent. u can only use soldiers to attack/defend you cant serve a warrant with them. so they soldier up their agents and give them warmachines but they only have enough of them to terrorize a compound full of burning children and not enough to maintain order in a city/state, they need state governors on board to make state workers (cops, guardsmen) do that.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

DrSunshine posted:

OK this is not funny anymore! We've been joking about balkanisation but this is legit scary. What happens if a state government gets violently overthrown by chud militia? Will the nation just shrug - "Can't be helped!"?? gently caress.

I mean people were joking about it, but they weren't just jokes void of context

actual overthrow/destruction of a state government absolutely will provoke more than shrugs, but what would happen in such a scenario would depend almost entirely on federal response, and its one of the scenarios that could absolutely lead to legit balkanization via either federal overreach or inaction

I can absolutely see less transformative violence directed against political actors/politicians producing shrugs in the near future, because that's what happens when government is perceived as unrepresentative, illegitimate, exploitative, etc.

recent experience is doing nothing but creating and reinforcing such perceptions, and by all indications the entire political structure of this country is dedicated to dousing themselves and everything around them in lighter fluid

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

LGD posted:

I mean people were joking about it, but they weren't just jokes

actual overthrow/destruction of a state government absolutely will provoke more than shrugs, but what would happen in such a scenario would depend almost entirely on federal response, and its one of the scenarios that could absolutely lead to
legit balkanization via either federal overreach or inaction

If it's a pro-Trump coup then I would absolutely not count on the federal government doing anything. Trump would egg them on.

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

DrSunshine posted:

Post-USA America is going to look like post-USSR eastern bloc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!
Ethnic russians were massacred in places like azerbaijan and tajikistan, I assume the same will happen to ethnic minorities who can't make their way out of whites only zones to 'safe areas' where they already constitute a majority.