Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

training_aim_csgo2 i find really good for getting used to my sens after playing other games. I like the yprac aim & recoil map over ullilectical's if you want to work on recoil control

spacebar push to talk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
the sg is so bad now I'm not okay with this at all

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
Maybe the bad was inside you all along

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Woof, I am having a really tough time with micro corrections on targets that are further away. I'm finding that I can at least snap to targets (I realize this is bad but I'm still learning maps and proper crosshair placement) but once I land that first shot, and they move a little, I am WAY over or under correcting. My wrist is also killing me?

Since the fights seem to be at such a range, it feels like I need to drop my sense even more but 1.1 @ 800 DPI already nearly has me spilling over even on a big mousepad.

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Woof, I am having a really tough time with micro corrections on targets that are further away. I'm finding that I can at least snap to targets (I realize this is bad but I'm still learning maps and proper crosshair placement) but once I land that first shot, and they move a little, I am WAY over or under correcting. My wrist is also killing me?

Since the fights seem to be at such a range, it feels like I need to drop my sense even more but 1.1 @ 800 DPI already nearly has me spilling over even on a big mousepad.

You'll get used to quickly lifting and moving your crosshair, better placement all-around will help with this. Not having to snap means you can be more deliberate. (1.6@400)

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

Good Will Hrunting posted:

There is an app called mouse Accel or some poo poo that lets you have quake arena curves for your mouse which are flat for all intents and purposes, but ramps up if you need to 180. It also allows scaled down dpi rate, so it feels like 400, but the mouse is running at 1200 or 1600. With a zowie this micromovement felt real smooth.

Edit:1.5@400

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Ah interesting I didn't even think of something like that. Thanks for the advice folks. I'm wondering if most of this adjustment is from getting a lighter mouse and more smooth mousepad. For a while I was using the (pretty "heavy") G305 and a SteelSeries QCK, but I bought a G Pro Wireless and a G640. Movement feels butter and tracking has never felt more more smooth, but the difficulty with stopping more precisely and over-gliding is definitely a challenge.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I've been wondering about the map pool. Why is dust2 so highly regarded as a map? is it the most balanced of maps? It seems weird to me because of the long mid shots and everything that it's held as like the gold standard for maps

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

ilmucche posted:

I've been wondering about the map pool. Why is dust2 so highly regarded as a map? is it the most balanced of maps? It seems weird to me because of the long mid shots and everything that it's held as like the gold standard for maps

It's been around forever and people don't like change.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

ilmucche posted:

i used to like the old versions because it always felt even. even if you lost 12-3 you could always come back.

It's real fun for pure aiming and you don't need complicated tactics or executes. just click on the bad guy

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
woke up to a bunch of bike money today hell yea

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Details details

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
The one time (which is one time more than most people) I got a rare drop from this game was a horrendous Field-Tested or Battle-Scarred anime AUG worth like £100. Was literally a game end drop as well, never seen anything like it before or since either for me or anyone else. It was back in the days where all those skin gamble sites were around and I put it up in a coin-flip for a dope M4 skin and lost.

RIP my stupid anime AUG. It was well before they buffed it to be viable so who knows how much it's worth now.

I do miss the days of casual skin betting on games. If it weren't for that, I wouldn't have any skins at all.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I was thinking the same thing the other day, I was far more invested in the tier 2 leagues due to skin betting

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
love to play with someone with dark red trust factor! two matches in a row with blatant hackers, the second game even had one out of a 5-stack be convicted and banned in warmup, while the rest spun their way to like three or so rounds before we got the surrender in

should have known better than to play outside of faceit, i guess

the trust factor system bloooows

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
https://twitter.com/SteamDB/status/1251222480208957440?s=20

Nbd

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
i love my dead game

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
since i was probed i couldnt post these, two 10 second clips:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lK3fy_2PL0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YqObx64mt8

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

I just reported these last two posts with an appeal to your cat jail.

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

Skin betting was fun but probably only because I don't have a gambling problem and never spent real money on skins/crates. I managed to work my way up to ~$50 worth of skins by betting the lovely ones I would get from game ending drops.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lol, i cant wait until im on non 4g internet in a month and can online game again

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

So is there anything important about this source code leak? It's an old version so I assume there's nothing really that can be done with it?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

ilmucche posted:

So is there anything important about this source code leak? It's an old version so I assume there's nothing really that can be done with it?

I don't really know for sure, but word is that they can load keyloggers/malware onto your computer with hacks if they're made that way. Also, it will be easier for hack makers to figure out what the anticheat is looking for, so expect more cheating.

Source: https://www.techradar.com/news/team-fortress-2-source-code-has-leaked-and-you-can-apparently-get-malware-by-playing

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

fwiw: https://twitter.com/CSGO/status/1253075594901774336

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hope they're right

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdQaYJoZLmQ

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbrToEmKJBo&t=39s

just stupid luck

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party
Does anyone here play on perfect world servers? I play with a friend but it would be nice to have some more competent, English speaking buddies to play with.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Somehow this dead game (nearly) has as many active players as the other top 9 games on steam combined atm

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

rip csgo couldn't compete with overwatch

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

this dead game with 850,000 average monthly players

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
I've pretty much stopped making videos, but something like four years ago I made a very pedagogical and useful instructional video highlighting the differences between the SG and AK spray: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCGnS-QYVwM

Due to last months changes I felt like the video sorely needed an update, so here's a new edition in case someone still wants to learn how to sg: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbfrD9JToG0

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party
I played a match on Anubis today. There was a blatent hacker on our team. The kind that stares at the ground and gets stupid head shots. Would you call that an aim bot? I don't know. We couldn't get the votes to kick him until we were up 14-0. After we kicked him I noticed that every single person on the other team turned on their hacks. All five. Scout head shots through walls every round etc. Managed to eek out a win by p90 rushing and finally clinched it at 16-14.

I've been playing a lot lately. I have good streaks and bad streaks but this really soured the game for me. It seems stupid to me that there aren't better anti cheat measures in place. How hard could it possibly be to implement?

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.

poopnanners posted:

I played a match on Anubis today. There was a blatent hacker on our team. The kind that stares at the ground and gets stupid head shots. Would you call that an aim bot? I don't know. We couldn't get the votes to kick him until we were up 14-0. After we kicked him I noticed that every single person on the other team turned on their hacks. All five. Scout head shots through walls every round etc. Managed to eek out a win by p90 rushing and finally clinched it at 16-14.

I've been playing a lot lately. I have good streaks and bad streaks but this really soured the game for me. It seems stupid to me that there aren't better anti cheat measures in place. How hard could it possibly be to implement?

queuing you against a five-stack of hackers is the game's autoimmune response to you playing anubis. not even once.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

poopnanners posted:

How hard could it possibly be to implement?

Really hard, especially when the AC can't be as intrusive as required due to public outrage re: data security.
VACnet is pretty good at reactively banning cheaters after the fact, but live detections and bans would mean malware levels of access to reading your memory

One solution, though far from ideal, is to play on third party services like faceit, esea, cevo, esportal, etc. There's still people soft toggling once in a while, but at least I've never seen a blatant spinbot

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party

Bohemian Nights posted:

Really hard, especially when the AC can't be as intrusive as required due to public outrage re: data security.
VACnet is pretty good at reactively banning cheaters after the fact, but live detections and bans would mean malware levels of access to reading your memory

One solution, though far from ideal, is to play on third party services like faceit, esea, cevo, esportal, etc. There's still people soft toggling once in a while, but at least I've never seen a blatant spinbot

I see what you're saying. I was just thinking that a situation with a player staring at the ground 99% of the time popping off headshots should be easily detectable. Is that what the spinbotter sees or is their view different? The current reactionary nature of the anticheat isn't much use considering the game is now free to play.

These third party servers sound interesting but I live in China. Don't know if they are available here. How do you access them? Generally my choice is: play perfectworld where almost nobody speaks English. I can speak enough Chinese to get by and make calls (and talk poo poo) at least on Dust2 but godamn I am tired of having the same "oh a foreigner" conversation every game. Or I can play worldwide on southeast Asian servers where more people speak English but the lag is often bad.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
VAC was supposed to have been upgraded with "machine learning" to detect inhuman patterns of aiming and ban spinbots and so forth instantly. Honestly I don't see them much anymore, so I guess it works mostly. Are you playing with a Prime account? That is absolutely necessary.

I'd love to be able to tell you a good solution, but I don't really know much about good 3rd party clients in China/Asia or if they exist or not. It's a shame, I know the game is more popular than it's ever been, but concomitantly, the cheating problem is close to as bad as it has ever been at any point in time. The in-game matchmaking system is pretty close to nonviable in my opinion.

I don't really agree with the principle that Valve is incapable of improving the cheating situation in CS:GO. There are systems they could put in place outside of making VAC more invasive. For a start, they could start by making Trust Factor a lot less loving garbage. It apparently reduces trust to put hours only into one game on Steam, but funnily that doesn't explain how I used to frequently queue into sub 1 year old accounts with no other games and 2000 hours of idle time and some full achievement nonsense. If you queue in a party with a cheater on more than one or two separate occasions, you should be put into loving rock bottom trust to play in the cesspool. Remove their Prime status. Actually make it so there is some element of peer pressure to not cheat.

My MM stats on record have circa 400 unique players. I exclusively play with like 5-6 different people in a stack. 35 people I have played against have since been VAC'd, 8 have been Game Banned. So slightly over 1/10 people I meet is both cheating and has been caught. Probably a small number are not caught at all. Even when you take into consideration that some of those games, the enemy had 2 or even 3 cheaters, overall, more than 1/3 of my games I play against a cheater. You can nitpick this and say that some may have been caught later on and weren't cheating yet etc. but I think 1/3 games is not a lowball anecdotally.

To me, that's broken. And I am in full agreement, it entirely soured the game experience for me outside of 3rd party systems. But even they are not immune.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
I also exclusively play in full stacks, and those numbers seem fairly identical to mine when I last checked. It's a shame.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

loving sick dude

ignoring the vacnet stuff, iirc the only bans VAC does are through signature checking which literally means it will never be preventive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

poopnanners posted:

I see what you're saying. I was just thinking that a situation with a player staring at the ground 99% of the time popping off headshots should be easily detectable. Is that what the spinbotter sees or is their view different? The current reactionary nature of the anticheat isn't much use considering the game is now free to play.

These third party servers sound interesting but I live in China. Don't know if they are available here. How do you access them? Generally my choice is: play perfectworld where almost nobody speaks English. I can speak enough Chinese to get by and make calls (and talk poo poo) at least on Dust2 but godamn I am tired of having the same "oh a foreigner" conversation every game. Or I can play worldwide on southeast Asian servers where more people speak English but the lag is often bad.

How do you program that into a game? Like literally, what do you tell the computer to specifically look for in a way that doesn't also false positive people who are just loving around? Generally valve's server-side AI will throw blatent hackers like that on overwatch, but the real problem is the more subtle cheats that are not so obvious where the cheat specifically injects an element of randomness, or just does flat out nothing but tell you where people are on the map. Anti-Cheat is a ridiculously complicated subject even when you have access to the client's entire memory (which VAC doesn't) because everytime you find a way to detect one specific form of cheat, someone else comes out with a way to get around it.